Do you want to listen to a new song from symphonic metallers Delain? The band just released the first single off their new opus The Human Contradiction and you can stream it online at your pleasure. The song is called "Your Body Is A Battleground" and it features Marco Hietala (Nightwish). Listen to the song through the lyric video below and tell us what you think about it.

As for The Human Contradiction, the album is dropping in April via Napalm Records. Check out all the details here and over here.

Tracklist:

09. The Tragedy Of The Commons

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Delain

Posted: 06.03.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Rasa - 06.03.2014 at 17:56
Oh wow, that was surprisingly not bad!
Ruchesko - 06.03.2014 at 19:34
Certainly the heaviest I've heard them.
Malaghost - 06.03.2014 at 22:36
Written by Rasa on 06.03.2014 at 17:56

Oh wow, that was surprisingly not bad!

Exactly my thoughts. But having Marco is usually half the battle. Anyway I am curious, new album might be a pleasant surprise.
BynersA7X - 07.03.2014 at 00:32
I'm really glad I'm subscribed to this band updates. Wow.
Teravolt_Danny - 07.03.2014 at 03:11
I guess there's something wrong with me. I wasn't impressed at all.
Opethian - 07.03.2014 at 05:53
Written by Teravolt_Danny on 07.03.2014 at 03:11

I guess there's something wrong with me. I wasn't impressed at all.

same here
annodomini - 07.03.2014 at 09:03
This could be a really amazing song, if not those uninspiring and boring chorus. Nevertheless, the music sounds soumehow different, looking forward to the whole thing. And the part "Kill the pain" sound very out of place for me. Somehow forced.
the_scarecrow - 07.03.2014 at 11:20
Written by annodomini on 07.03.2014 at 09:03

I wasn't too pushed when I first heard the song, but it grew on me, and now I enjoy it a lot.
I agree with the "kill the pain" part. Unfortunately, as I thought would happen, Hietala's contribution to the song brings it down severely.
Thankfully, he only sings a little bit; any more and the song, for me, would have been ruined.
I don't understand, because Hietala sings good with Nightwish, but he always sounds horrible and forced with Delain.
The Evergreen - 08.03.2014 at 07:36
Hmm, I'm actually pretty conflicted about this. On the one hand, the music is pretty damn good and comes from the heavier side of Delain. Marco? On the other, while I get what Charlotte is saying, the lyrics seem disjointed and forced. The writing seems pretty sophomoric where it was much better...
Eh, maybe it will grow on me. It certainly is catchy.
annodomini - 08.03.2014 at 13:44
Written by the_scarecrow on 07.03.2014 at 11:20

Written by annodomini on 07.03.2014 at 09:03

Actually it grew on me too, I caught myself singing it the other day, so I guess it is catchy at the end
The Shape 1973 - 11.03.2014 at 15:34
Sorry Within Temptation, but until Epica's new one comes out, this is better than yours.

News Anubis Gate - Release Lyric Video For New Song 10 04.04.2014 by BloodTears
News Onslaught - Release Lyric Video For New Song 10 05.09.2013 by exomorphyx89
News Deicide - Release Lyric Video For New Song 10 01.11.2013 by Big-Al
News Glorior Belli - Release Lyric Video For New Song 10 06.10.2013 by Apothecary
News Pestilence - Release Lyric Video For New Song 10 22.10.2013 by exomorphyx89