The first single from the upcoming Epica album The Quantum Enigma is called The Essence Of Silence and it is being released today as a digital download from iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Deezer and other platforms. However, it appears that the single is still not available on all territories as of now, with the release pointing to March 18th. You can enjoy the single cover art below and an audio sample here.

Get all the details about The Quantum Enigma here.

Single Artwork

[Also thanks to DoomRules for sending in this news!]

Source: epica.nl
Band profile: Epica

Posted: 14.03.2014 by Dr House

Comments

PocketMetal - 14.03.2014 at 19:20
You can listen to it here :
sharkruisher - 14.03.2014 at 19:24
Nice song, but I have heard better ones from the band. Let us hope that the rest of "The Quantum Enigma" is of higher quality
PocketMetal - 14.03.2014 at 19:30
I love it , the riffs sounds like "Design Your Universe" indeed ... heavy and catchy. but I don't like Simone's voice on the chorus , when she sounds like she did on the song "Guilty Demeanor".
Carl Berg - 14.03.2014 at 19:32
Pretty good
ScottyM - 14.03.2014 at 20:03
Awesome single! I'm impatiently awaiting the moment I get to hear Simone completely bomb it live on a shitty youtube camera video.
BloodJuNkie - 14.03.2014 at 20:40
Nice!
Teravolt_Danny - 14.03.2014 at 22:21
Not bad, but not great. Usually the choruses on Epica's singles are bit more addicting, but this one is kind of so-so. The music is great, though.
AngelofDeth - 15.03.2014 at 02:06
Pretty damn good! Finally operatic vox are back! Only thing wrong is its a little "schizophrenic" with the abrupt tech death-y riffs and not as catchy as previous album singles but overall pretty good and I think at the least this album will be much better than Reqium.
The Shape 1973 - 15.03.2014 at 12:58
After the clips and now the single, things are sounding very good. Back to the quality of DYU.
the_scarecrow - 15.03.2014 at 16:23
I love it. The band seems in top form.
In regards to Simone's live performances; I personally enjoy her imperfections live, and it's all the more better, then, when she does hit the high notes. Where's the fun in perfection?
Dark†SymphonY - 15.03.2014 at 18:27
The song sounds great, though Simone's vocals seem to turn me off in the chorus part.
HellriderRising - 15.03.2014 at 21:10
So and so.
4look4rd - 17.03.2014 at 21:31
I don't really like the guitar work other than the chorus but the vocals are incredible. Very much influenced by Within Temptation.

Overall great song 7.5/10

News Epica - New Single Released, Confirmed For Czyzynalia Festival 7.5 08.04.2014 by ScottyM
News Watain - Releasing New Single In June 5.5 15.05.2013 by Mad Arab666
News Kvelertak - Releasing New Single 5.5 22.01.2013 by BloodJuNkie
News Morgoth - Releasing New Single, Share Cover Artwork 5.5 20.07.2014 by Darkside Momo
News Ancient Bards - Releasing New Split Single In November 5.5 29.10.2012 by