In the recent months, Italian guitarist and composer Luca Turilli started, on Luca Turilli's Rhapsody official Facebook page, a "Guess What?" feature, in which he answers to some of the fans' questions. This time, Luca decided to reveal what fans asked about his whole career: the hidden meaning behind the lyrics of the two Rhapsody(s), and some very intimate details of his personal life, calling all this "The Secret Revealed" and creating an image specially for it.

Here you have a snippet: "In 1996, when it was time to decide about the lyrical direction of the first Rhapsody album, we decided naturally and spontaneously to use the lyrics of the songs of our band in order to promote without compromises:

1. The fundamental virtues as Love, Respect and Hope
2. The emotional and spiritual connection with the wonders of Mother Nature
3. The mystery of Spiritual Evolution."

Did this grab your attention? Read the whole text here.

The new Luca Turilli's Rhapsody album, Prometheus - Symphonia Ignis Divinus, will be released in June 2014 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Luca Turilli's Rhapsody

Posted: 17.03.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

R Lewis - 17.03.2014 at 19:18
That's why I respect Luca more and more. A great guy, spent half an hour talnking with us fans outside the venue in Bologna after the show...
AngelofDeth - 17.03.2014 at 22:16
...hmm.. Always thought Rhapsody's lyrics were all about
1. Dragons
2. Trolls
3. Erian's Mystical Book
mz - 18.03.2014 at 00:53
Why this is accepted for publication on MS as news?
Kallis Helmi - 18.03.2014 at 00:55
Written by AngelofDeth on 17.03.2014 at 22:16

...hmm.. Always thought Rhapsody's lyrics were all about
1. Dragons
2. Trolls
3. Erian's Mystical Book

I NEVER thought that these kind of things (dragons, trolls, warriors etc) are meant in the strict sense of the words. The whole saga is "reducible" to our real world. Fantasy-world is a better place where we all would like to live. Respect to Luca.
Kallis Helmi - 18.03.2014 at 00:56
Written by mz on 18.03.2014 at 00:53

Why this is accepted for publication on MS as news?

I think these kind of things are a lot more important to us human-beings that the 99% of the band news here.
AngelofDeth - 18.03.2014 at 01:02
Written by Kallis Helmi on 18.03.2014 at 00:55

Interesting, well maybe I'll check out the article and pop some Rhapsody again to see if there is in fact a much deeper meaning to it all. This has never once occurred to me in the few years I've been following the band. Always thought the lyrics were more about the "image" than any deeper subtext.

EDIT: Just read the article. I did always get the sense of "positive" from the band but didn't ever take in the full effect of what Luca is trying to communicate. After reading the lyrics its still hard for me to extract these "deeper truths" he is talking about, I mean how am I supposed to take a song called "The Last Winged Unicorn" seriously at all?

Still that doesn't mean they aren't there, as LotR is very fantasy but is loaded with deep themes and meanings, just the way Luca goes about it doesn't personally fly with me in a serious context.
mz - 18.03.2014 at 01:05
Written by Kallis Helmi on 18.03.2014 at 00:56

I've never seen news like this one. It is more suitable for Trivia of band in my opinion.
mikeprado30 - 18.03.2014 at 20:20
Well, as I readed the booklets from the albums, I could suspect the way Luca drove his lyrics, but this note confirm my suspects. Always is welcome by myself any music from him, and now more knowing the the core of that. Keep goin' Luca!
R Lewis - 19.03.2014 at 20:29
Written by mz on 18.03.2014 at 00:53

Why this is accepted for publication on MS as news?

I decided to post this as news because the deeper meaning of the lyrics, the real interpretation of the saga, is a thing Rhapsody fans (me included) have ALWAYS been asking for, and the band always kept that very secret. I can tell you that, as a Rhapsody fan, I care A LOT more about this than about Pometheus' tracklist, for example. That's the reason why I thought this was worthy of a news piece.

It may seem strange to you, but this is an epochal revelation in Rhapsody's history.
R Lewis - 19.03.2014 at 20:32
Written by AngelofDeth on 18.03.2014 at 01:02

The band never kept secret the fact that, hidden behind all that fantasy world, there was a deeper meaning. But don't be astonished or disappointed by not getting it, since that's VERY in-depth.

F.e. next time Luca will say why the sword was made of emerald and not of something else. I'm pretty curious about that btw

News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Announce Collaboration With Orchestra And Choir 9 24.01.2013 by
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 8.5 31.01.2012 by LeChron James
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Confirmed For June 2014 8 23.04.2013 by R Lewis
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Singer Revealed, Album Teaser Online 7 30.03.2012 by Milena
Reviews Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Ascending To Infinity 6 29.06.2012 by Kamil