Death's 1988 masterpiece and second album Leprosy will be the next record to get the deluxe reissue treatment from Relapse Records. The band's classic remastered by Alan Douches (Mastodon, Nile, etc.) will feature more than 50 minutes of previously unreleased demos and rehearsal material plus brand new liner notes and a 24 page booklet with never before seen photos. Right now, you can listen to the newly remastered version of "Pull The Plug" available below.

This reissue of Leprosy is coming on April 29th, 2014 (North America), April 25th (Germany/Benelux), April 28th (UK/world) via Relapse Records on 2XCD/Deluxe 3XCD/LP/digital. Pre-orders are available in various formats at this location or at Bandcamp.

Do you remember the first time you listened to Leprosy?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Death

Posted: 21.03.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Hex_Omega - 21.03.2014 at 16:01
Em... but what about Control Denied second album?
Zaphod - 21.03.2014 at 16:53
Written by Hex_Omega on 21.03.2014 at 16:01

Em... but what about Control Denied second album?

Agreed, focus on that instead. Most of Death's albums didn't need remastering/remixing/reissuing/whatever in the first place...
Lit. - 21.03.2014 at 17:26
^ I couldn't care less about Control Denied, let alone a likely-not-going-to-happen second album, so I'll happily take this to complete my collection. The first two albums are in desperate need of reissuing, anyways.
Hex_Omega - 21.03.2014 at 18:50
4 demo songs from When Man And Machine Collide are on youtube
bitethepain - 21.03.2014 at 20:34
I've been waiting for this! As a newer Death fan, this will be the first time hearing this! Can't wait
SleepFan - 21.03.2014 at 21:27
Man, I love Death. I really get all their albums. My favorite is Individual Thought Patterns, but I still need this.
Loathera - 21.03.2014 at 21:31
Bought it but quite expensive I think. Nice to have for fans who didn't get the opportunity to pick it up earlier. The Individual Thought Patterns reissue is still listed as Relapse's top seller, so it must be good for the label as well.
Boxcar Willy - 22.03.2014 at 04:32
Ca$h grab central.
Alex Fenger - 22.03.2014 at 06:03
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.03.2014 at 04:32

Ca$h grab central.

So is every repress and reissue a cashgrab? Some people (not me) are probably very interested in the bonus material. Also I feel like sometimes people forget that the music industry is a source of income. People need to make money.

Although I do usually hate remastered versions of albums
Troy Killjoy - 22.03.2014 at 07:59
It's an industry and labels need money too. As much as we all love those name-your-price Bandcamp demos being pumped out daily, these guys need to make a profit in order to stay alive and keep their jobs. Wouldn't call it a cashgrab considering how many fans on Death's Facebook page are absolutely stoked about this. It's supply and demand, and good on Relapse for capitalizing on a good sales opportunity.
Alex Fenger - 22.03.2014 at 15:57
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.03.2014 at 07:59

Precisely. If people are interested/want things like this, why should the labels and artists be vilified for providing?
Mr. Doctor - 22.03.2014 at 16:39
Plus... This would be awesome shizzle for anyone that for some reason doesn't have this album in his/her collection.
Lit. - 22.03.2014 at 16:59
^ THANK YOU.

Not everyone is blessed enough to have the first print of this album. Some of us have to rely on reissues, remasters and even remixes. I personally prefer getting these remasters/reissues with all the nice bonus stuff.

Now let's hope they get to doing the same with Scream Bloody Gore.
Mr. Doctor - 22.03.2014 at 17:08
Written by Lit. on 22.03.2014 at 16:59

Yeah, my version is a 2008 reissue with 5 live tracks. I dig it a lot and It was worth the money for sure, no point in searching for *that* first press.
I'd buy the shit out of the pink vinyl and the 3CD digipak if I had the money.
Ritual_Suicide - 23.03.2014 at 17:39
Written by Lit. on 22.03.2014 at 16:59

Now let's hope they get to doing the same with Scream Bloody Gore.

This. Leprosy is the only Death album I don't own a copy of.

News Unholy - 1994 Album To Be Re-Issued With Bonus DVD 5.5 01.09.2011 by Mr. Doctor
News Meshuggah - 'I' EP To Be Reissued With Bonus Tracks 5.5 08.08.2014 by Lit.
News Soilwork - N. American Tour With Death Angel 4 19.03.2010 by CHEF METALHEAD
News Testament - Announce New North American Tour Dates With Anthrax And Death Angel 4 30.05.2012 by exomorphyx89
News Municipal Waste - Announce Co-Headlining North American Tour With Napalm Death 4 21.08.2012 by Void Eater

Hits total: 1932 | This month: 64