Five Finger Death Punch are premiering a new music video for their cover of the classic track "The House Of The Rising Sun" found in the album The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell - Volume 2, released in November 2013. Enjoy it below.

These are the band's thoughts about the video: "We went out there with two helicopters, two gyrocopters, twenty something crazy cars, a big cast and an arsenal of cameras. We ended up with so much amazing material, the hardest task was to compress it down into a 3 minutes video, so we made an extended version with a long intro and we are making an even longer 'directors cut' as we speak..."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Five Finger Death Punch

Posted: 24.03.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

R Lewis - 24.03.2014 at 20:41
My IQ just suicided
fenchik - 25.03.2014 at 00:30
Dreadful!!!!
Troy Killjoy - 25.03.2014 at 01:46
This shit came up in my Facebook newsfeed accompanied by what I assumed to be a parody article because it mentioned FFDP as the current face of metal.
deadone - 25.03.2014 at 02:12
I liked it.

Cool Mad Max meets twisted Americana vibe, guns and bimbos.

Though I do prefer the original House of the Rising Sun by the Animals. However this version is still kinda cool.
Alex Fenger - 25.03.2014 at 04:35
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.03.2014 at 01:46

mentioned FFDP as the current face of metal.

Anyone know how to get vomit off of a computer screen? My god, could there be a more horrendous and horrifying statement?
This is definitely one of the worst songs I've ever sat through... oh dear lord....
deadone - 25.03.2014 at 05:04
Written by Alex Fenger on 25.03.2014 at 04:35

Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.03.2014 at 01:46

mentioned FFDP as the current face of metal.

Could be worst - someone could've mentioned Alcest, Agalloch, Within Temptation or Sonata Artica as the current face of metal.
Alex Fenger - 25.03.2014 at 05:29
Written by deadone on 25.03.2014 at 05:04

As much of an Agalloch fanboy as I am (the only band I like more is Pink Floyd), none of those are "the face of metal" either, however it would be EVEN worse to say any of the numerous 80's thrash and death metal bands that are still trying to make music are the face of metal . I think it's actually dumb to label one band as the face of metal, but that's a discussion for a different thread.
deadone - 25.03.2014 at 05:44
Written by Alex Fenger on 25.03.2014 at 05:29

I don't mind if FFDP are the new face of metal.

I'm no fan of FFDP but I think these guys are good for bringing in new fans whilst retaining traditional metal values as opposed to say Limp Bizkit, SOAD or Korn in the past.
Troy Killjoy - 25.03.2014 at 06:18
FFDP may be one of the more popular new metal bands to emerge, but they're more like the asshole of metal, not its face.
deadone - 25.03.2014 at 07:26
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.03.2014 at 06:18

I take it Pantera, Lamb of God et al don't float your boat either?
Machiavelli - 25.03.2014 at 07:38
Written by deadone on 25.03.2014 at 07:26

Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.03.2014 at 06:18

I take it Pantera, Lamb of God et al don't float your boat either?

Comparing FFDP to Pantera and LOG instantly results in a FAIL for your argument and (if I had my way) a trapdoor exit into the gator pit.
-Morbid- - 25.03.2014 at 09:11
I liked the video, especially the big Cadillac.

Didn't like the song though. Didn't make me want to jam a pencil in my ears or anything but I didn't enjoy it.
Troy Killjoy - 25.03.2014 at 09:17
Written by deadone on 25.03.2014 at 07:26
I take it Pantera, Lamb of God et al don't float your boat either?

Lamb of God is actually one of my favorite bands, but Pantera I never cared for aside from a handful of tracks. Not sure what about your post that Machiavelli guy takes offense to as both bands have a similar sound rooted in groove metal.

I just consider FFDP to be the worst of a bad bunch of contemporary metal bands that includes the likes of BFMV and A7X.
Angelic Storm - 25.03.2014 at 10:28
Wow, that song is beyond awful! I actually thought that song they did with Rob Halford was okay, but this is really lowest common denominator metal at it's most tepid and woeful.
Nemo Atkins - 25.03.2014 at 17:48
Anyone else notice they said the same basic thing about the video as they did about the two albums? That there was so much they wanted to include that they couldn't do it all in one go?
R Lewis - 25.03.2014 at 17:54
Written by Nemo Atkins on 25.03.2014 at 17:48

You can't stuff a 0,5hl barrel with an hectolitre of shit. You need two.
Nemo Atkins - 25.03.2014 at 17:58
Written by R Lewis on 25.03.2014 at 17:54

Written by Nemo Atkins on 25.03.2014 at 17:48

You can't stuff a 0,5hl barrel with an hectolitre of shit. You need two.

I might not dislike FFDP (there are far worse bands out there deserving more hatred, if you ask me), but I will admit that that was actually pretty funny!
R Lewis - 25.03.2014 at 18:01
Written by Nemo Atkins on 25.03.2014 at 17:58

I kinda liked them too... Before this double album
!J.O.O.E.! - 25.03.2014 at 18:20
Never listened to these guys before, but had a look at some of their other songs and they come across like a combination of Staind, Slipknot and Papa Roach, or something. Very much the lowest common denominator type of music. Too middle of the road to be offensive but certainly not something I would ever listen to again. If I was a young'un I might be into them though.

They seem to be reinforcing the angsty side of 90s alternative / nu metal rather than anything "traditional" from metal.
Lit. - 25.03.2014 at 18:52
So... who would be the face of metal?
Troy Killjoy - 25.03.2014 at 19:01
Written by Lit. on 25.03.2014 at 18:52
So... who would be the face of metal?

I don't think such a thing exists. Metal as a whole is comprised of various features that make up its face, but I don't think any one band deserves or has earned that honor, unless you stick with the old guard of Maiden and 'tallica and the likes.
Alondate - 25.03.2014 at 19:08
Disgusting.stupid.shit
WorpeX - 25.03.2014 at 19:59
It's a cover guys... The original song isn't even very good. IMO its better then the original but that isn't saying much.

Seen FFDP live and they were quite good. I'm fine with them being the face of metal as long as they keep releasing good tracks like "Lift Me Up". That song was killer!
R Lewis - 25.03.2014 at 21:20
Written by WorpeX on 25.03.2014 at 19:59

The original track to me is great. They destroyed it.

!J.O.O.E.! - 25.03.2014 at 21:23
Wait... there are people that don't like the original version? Well.
Troy Killjoy - 25.03.2014 at 21:31
Written by R Lewis on 25.03.2014 at 21:20
The original track to me is great.

First time hearing that song - damn that's good. Kudos for posting it.
Angelic Storm - 25.03.2014 at 22:46
What the hell? I didn't even realise it was a cover of The Animals' song, as it sounds absolutely nothing like it whatsoever!

The original version is of course great, and a classic. I have to say though, that is probably the worst butchering of a classic song I've ever heard in my life. It's totally unrecognisable as even being the same song... I think it's even more terrible now.

News Five Finger Death Punch - New Video Online 13.5 20.02.2012 by Wraith000
News Five Finger Death Punch - New Video Online 13.5 22.09.2011 by LeChron James
News Five Finger Death Punch - New Lyric Video Released 12 26.07.2014 by foschino
News Five Finger Death Punch - New Single Online, More Album Details 12 14.05.2013 by Lit.
News Five Finger Death Punch - New Song Online 12 30.07.2011 by Locke