The new Edguy album, Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown, will be released on April 18th via Nuclear Blast Records. Now Tobias Sammet and his crew are releasing a new single, for the track "Love Tyger". The single is now available on most digital platforms. The group also released an excerpt of another album track, "Defenders Of The Crown". Check it out below.

We already had the chance to listen to "Sabre & Torch" and get a glimpse of what the album is about. Excited? Check out if the band is coming to your town!

Single Artwork

Source: edguy.net
Band profile: Edguy

Posted: 28.03.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 28.03.2014 at 12:44
So far everything points to a good album. It has been a long time coming though.
Angelic Storm - 28.03.2014 at 15:31
Written by The Shape 1973 on 28.03.2014 at 12:44

I downloaded the "Love Tyger" single, and it's nothing spectacular, but it's very catchy, and is a fun little song. lol Hoping most of the album is in a more power metal vein though...
R Lewis - 28.03.2014 at 16:15
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.03.2014 at 15:31

It is. "Love Tyger", together with "Do Me Like A Caveman", are the less power metal influenced tracks on here. You're gonna love "The Realms Of Baba Yaga" and "The Eternal Wayfarer" - AWESOME
Angelic Storm - 28.03.2014 at 16:28
Written by R Lewis on 28.03.2014 at 16:15

I guessed that when I saw the tracklisting. Have you heard the whole album? How did you manage that? lol

You're getting my hopes up, hopefully this will be a great album by Edguy!
Vombatus - 28.03.2014 at 16:49
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.03.2014 at 16:28

Have you heard the whole album? How did you manage that? lol

Probably received a promo copy (all them damn staffs that get stuff for free and before we do ).

My useless opinion is that it will certainly be better than anything they did after Hellfire Club, from the little I hear. Hmmmm bad thing is that the guitars sound VERY weak (both the playing and the mix) on that song snippet. Overall, I expect to be quite happy so we shall see
Angelic Storm - 28.03.2014 at 17:01
Written by Vombatus on 28.03.2014 at 16:49

Oh... I didn't realise that R Lewis was staff. lol

I actually thought that "Age Of The Joker" was a good album. Certainly better than the two albums which preceded it anyway, but yep, the last Edguy album I'd consider to be classic is Hellfire Club. Hopefully the new album will be a return to that kind of form.
R Lewis - 28.03.2014 at 17:06
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.03.2014 at 17:01

Oh... I didn't realise that R Lewis was staff. lol

I'm not, in fact. I'm still a normal user, with some more perms, as writing official reviews.

And yes, it's a promo copy. Review should be up sometime in the next days
Angelic Storm - 28.03.2014 at 17:21
Written by R Lewis on 28.03.2014 at 17:06

And yes, it's a promo copy. Review should be up sometime in the next days

You're not staff? Dunno how you managed to snag a promo copy then, but you are very lucky! lol

Hopefully the album will leak soon...
Zaphod - 28.03.2014 at 17:26
Awesome album title, weak track.
Cynic Metalhead - 28.03.2014 at 18:47
Edguy was dead post-Hellfire Club. After that, I never cared about this band.
psykometal - 29.03.2014 at 12:38
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.03.2014 at 17:21

He's a Contributor, promoted for the purpose of being one of our official reviewers. He's still technically considered a regular user, but he does get a couple extra perms, perks, and recognition for being permitted to represent Metal Storm as an official reviewer; one of which is being privy to pre-release promos so he can churn out pre-release reviews.

Quote:

Hopefully the album will leak soon...

Not by him it won't.
R Lewis - 29.03.2014 at 13:02
Written by psykometal on 29.03.2014 at 12:38

Not by him it won't.

*Grabs the album and runs away*
psykometal - 29.03.2014 at 13:07
Written by R Lewis on 29.03.2014 at 13:02

*Grabs the album and runs away*

Better hope Birgit don't find out.

Angelic Storm - 29.03.2014 at 13:24
Written by psykometal on 29.03.2014 at 12:38

Ah okay, I get it now.

Quote:
Not by him it won't.

I never suggested anything of the kind...
psykometal - 29.03.2014 at 13:34
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.03.2014 at 13:24

I never suggested anything of the kind...

I know you weren't. But it was an opportunity to turn your comment into a fun joke. Hence the at the end.

News Edguy - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 9 28.01.2014 by Vombatus
News Mob Rules - Release New Video And Single 7.5 30.09.2012 by The Shape 1973
News Theocracy - To Release New Single And Limited Digibook Edition 7 17.09.2011 by psykometal
News Kalmah - New Song, Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 7 24.03.2008 by FeskarN
News Whyzdom - New Album Cover Art And Release Date Revealed, Song Online 7 09.07.2009 by Fat & Sassy!