While it appeared yesterday that In Flames' website might have been hacked promising more info today, now it seems like a prank from the band setting up for the album announcement. When you click on the info, you find a short video revealing that the album has been set for release in September and will be titled Siren Charms. The new album was recorded at Hansa Studios in Berlin and should come out under Epic Records.

Unless the supposed hackers took the time to make a cool video, In Flames just announced their new album.

Source: inflames.com
Band profile: In Flames

Posted: 11.04.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

schlakt - 11.04.2014 at 19:43
I like the title! really hope this album is awesome!
Opethian - 11.04.2014 at 20:06
Hope and In Flames dont go together unfortunately
Mattybu - 11.04.2014 at 21:14
Title sounds pretty bad, album will be between pretty and very bad.
.:Nataras:. - 11.04.2014 at 21:46
Poor oldie In Flames... are you still alive?
BloodTears - 11.04.2014 at 21:57
Written by Opethian on 11.04.2014 at 20:06

Hope and In Flames dont go together unfortunately

Ahah I guess they need to pull these stunts now to get a certain hype. Or just announce "The Jester Race Part II".
Sword_Chant - 11.04.2014 at 22:26
Plot Twist - the album will sound like Whoracle and The Jester Race.
cossaisVendeurs - 11.04.2014 at 23:33
Soundtrack to Your Escape was the last listenable album. Everything else after was emo shit.
Teravolt_Danny - 11.04.2014 at 23:38
Old In Flames is somewhat listenable. New In Flames is god awful.
MaiSweettShaadow - 12.04.2014 at 01:00
Written by Teravolt_Danny on 11.04.2014 at 23:38

Old In Flames is somewhat listenable. New In Flames is god awful.

I like both eras of In Flames couse I´m not a closeminded arrogant metalhead
John Shock - 12.04.2014 at 02:16
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 12.04.2014 at 01:00

Written by Teravolt_Danny on 11.04.2014 at 23:38

Old In Flames is somewhat listenable. New In Flames is god awful.

I like both eras of In Flames couse I´m not a closeminded arrogant metalhead

Best answer ever!!! You guys deserve it...
Just be more openminded and you'll see the brilliant wolrd with better eyes, and listen to sounds with better ears...kidding right?

Now, i'm serious...
I think that this crap of society, just wants to their favorite (or not) bands, to do the same album, what i would call (their best), as many times as possible...
Teravolt_Danny - 12.04.2014 at 02:45
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 12.04.2014 at 01:00

Written by Teravolt_Danny on 11.04.2014 at 23:38

Old In Flames is somewhat listenable. New In Flames is god awful.

I like both eras of In Flames couse I´m not a closeminded arrogant metalhead

I listen to a ton of more mainstream and melodic metal... I'm far from a metal elitist. I just think In Flames are uninteresting and overrated.
Killa Cary - 12.04.2014 at 02:47
Fuck yes. Loved every single IF album. Siren Charms sounds cool.
Sznc - 12.04.2014 at 09:43
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 12.04.2014 at 01:00

I like both eras of In Flames couse I´m not a closeminded arrogant metalhead

sometimes i wonder what these self-proclaimed "open-minded" metalheads listen to beside those mainstream metal bands that they defend.
Cynic Metalhead - 12.04.2014 at 10:49
IF website was hacked and suddenly appeared with new album details. Similarly it's happening with 'Knot website(it all goes black) and I guess they'll be coming up with new album's information soon.

Cheap marketing gimmick.
MaiSweettShaadow - 12.04.2014 at 11:24
Written by Sznc on 12.04.2014 at 09:43

Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 12.04.2014 at 01:00

I like both eras of In Flames couse I´m not a closeminded arrogant metalhead

False. I´m not even a "metalhead" I like dance, techno, Pop, rock , Metal and classical music as well. I like metal very much but I don´t understand why I have to be a "Metaltead" to listen such music, seems very pathetic and childsh . Confine you with one stereotype like "Metalhead" is childish and sad. Cheers.
quirin - 12.04.2014 at 12:25
The vid itself hardly qualifies as cool IMO, but that's good news nonetheless.
At least their Playground "effort" wasn't their swan song.
!J.O.O.E.! - 12.04.2014 at 12:26
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 12.04.2014 at 11:24

Implying that everyone that doesn't enjoy all eras of In Flames is close-minded and arrogant. Because that's not childish at all.

Being "open minded" does not mean blanket enjoying everything that one listens to, it means giving everything a chance. If someone doesn't like new era-In Flames that doesn't make them close minded or arrogant, it means they don't like it.
MaiSweettShaadow - 12.04.2014 at 13:27
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 12.04.2014 at 12:26

Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 12.04.2014 at 11:24

I agree with you, If You don´t like Flames it´s normal and it´s fine , What I am talking about is :" In flames was better before the Core/rock era and now I hate them because I have to look heavy and I only listo to heavy music with growls or violent Lyrics", If you only hate them couse of that is what I´m refering .
!J.O.O.E.! - 12.04.2014 at 13:29
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 12.04.2014 at 13:27

I think most people here dislike new In Flames because it simply doesn't sound good. I've never thought of In Flames as one of those bands people boast about if they want to be seen to like heavy music with growling vocals and violent music (In Flames have never been this).
The Evergreen - 12.04.2014 at 20:08
I adore early In Flames, and as much as I find their late work uninspiring, they never fail to deliver at least a few tracks that I like. Also, even though I don't love the rest of say, Sounds of a Playground Fading, can listen to it.
I'm looking forward to what they have to release. Might be great, might be mediocre, but I'm ready to find out.
s_t_s - 13.04.2014 at 16:30
Except for " A sense of purpose" than I cannot listen to, I like old and new albums of IF. Oki "Come Clarity" is definitely weak compared to "Soundtrack to Your Escape" but with "Sounds of a playground fading" IF got higher in my repect ladder Hope the next album will be as enjoyable and I don't give a shit about the kind of metal this is
deadone - 14.04.2014 at 06:05
I suspect even if they released an album that sounded like an improved Jester Race or Whoracle, people would hate it as a "rip off" or "cashing in on their old stuff" or whatever.

It's the same story all over be it Metallica, Carcass, Megadeth, At The Gates, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy etc etc.

Basically once a band is popular, it doesn't matter what they do and they' ll get critcised by a big chunk of the fan base.
Coolingsrock - 14.04.2014 at 23:17
Yup

News In Flames - New Album Tracklist Revealed, Single In June 7.5 26.04.2014 by cossaisVendeurs
News Darkspace - New Album Coming In September 7 08.08.2014 by mz
News Dream Theater - New Album Coming In September 7 06.06.2013 by IronArkadius666
News Running Wild - New Album Coming In October 5.5 20.06.2013 by Truemetaljope