Insomnium have released yet another new song from their forthcoming album Shadows Of A Dying Sun. The Finns have already released "Ephemeral", "Revelations" and "While We Sleep" before online. This time around, they are revealing "Black Heart Rebellion". Click on the Soundcloud player below to listen to the song now!

Shadows Of A Dying Sun will be released on April 28th in Europe and April 29th in North America via Century Media Records, which means the wait is almost over. With several new songs already unveiled from the new album, are you pleased so far?

[Also thanks to Justicelust for sending in this news!]

Niilo Sevänen comments on "Black Heart Rebellion": "'Black Heart Rebellion' is maybe the most brutal song we have ever done. Violent, epic and massive are the words that come to mind when describing the atmosphere here. Surely this is something different for us, and personally one of my favourite songs on the album!"

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Insomnium

Posted: 22.04.2014 by Fallen Ghost

Comments

tibosax - 22.04.2014 at 17:14
That intro. Insomnium goes Inquisition.

Great song !
Risto - 22.04.2014 at 17:21
Niilo is right on with the brutality comment but I can't say how good this is yet. Doesn't make me want to click replay like the two previous songs released.
Grammy - 22.04.2014 at 17:29
Click replay once and you're hooked. Powerful song. Though Revelation is my favorite of the songs released from this album.
Northern Danger - 22.04.2014 at 17:54
Better than two First Songs IMO.
Schnabeltier 24 - 22.04.2014 at 18:07
Yeah, this track is good, I have some expectations for the album. The sound was strange, I hope it's only because of Soundcloud...
Dark Blood - 22.04.2014 at 18:20
Pretty good stuff. I still prefer "While We Sleep" though. Can't wait for the album.
errorcode99 - 22.04.2014 at 18:37
That's a fantastic song!
Ag Fox - 22.04.2014 at 22:11
I prefer the other released track. will have to wait for the whole album then
BloodJuNkie - 23.04.2014 at 00:05
I prefer "While We Sleep" .. but this one is great too. The album will kick ass!
AngelofDeth - 23.04.2014 at 04:54
Pretty awesome song, finally something different from them.
Reaper_Redeamer - 23.04.2014 at 12:27
.:Nataras:. - 24.04.2014 at 00:54
New insomnium is boring, last album was boring also... these are just shadows of the dying insomnium... I was fan of all insomnium's albums until one for sorrow came out, and these tracks are just 1 or 2 or 3 riffs that repeats over and over and over and over and over again... and that makes new atmosphere of insomnium... this insomnium is boring for me.
Risto - 24.04.2014 at 11:09
Written by .:Nataras:. on 24.04.2014 at 00:54

Like Above the Weeping World had any more riffs per song...
.:Nataras:. - 24.04.2014 at 15:54
Written by Risto on 24.04.2014 at 11:09

Written by .:Nataras:. on 24.04.2014 at 00:54

Like Above the Weeping World had any more riffs per song...

If you mean that album had more riffs and more atmosphere changing and more complicated, I agree with you!
I'm a drummer and when I listen to "One for Sorrow" or this new album, I can't find a good and nice groove and creative drumming in these albums... but I have a little positive view to new album, I think this is better than their last album...
Risto - 24.04.2014 at 16:54
Written by .:Nataras:. on 24.04.2014 at 15:54

Written by Risto on 24.04.2014 at 11:09

Like Above the Weeping World had any more riffs per song...

I tried to say that many songs on ATWW actually don't have that many more driving riffs in a single track than on the new record, apart from Drawn to Black or Mortal Share. Also, if you read R'Vannith's review of the album you will find him actually praising the drum work. Drumming is certainly more varied than on the previous records.

News Obscura - European Tour Dates, Another New Song Online 7 25.02.2011 by BloodTears
News Krisiun - Another New Song Online 7 17.10.2011 by Rulatore