Mayhem just premiered the third song off Esoteric Warfare. You can't really complain because the black metal band has shared quite a bit of new material before the album release. Today, the song chosen is "Trinity" and you can click on the Soundcloud player below to listen to it. It should help you wait until May 23rd (May 27th in North America) when Season Of Mist will unleash Esoteric Warfare unto the world. Enjoy!

As for the other songs released so far, you can stream "Psywar" here and "VI.Sec." over here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mayhem

Posted: 29.04.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Carl Berg - 29.04.2014 at 18:42
Hellhammer is insane
ManiacBlasphemer - 29.04.2014 at 18:50
Hellhammer confirms once again that he is one of the best if not the best BM drummers. And damn, this song is much much better than the previous two which were great also. This album will surely kick ass.
Warman - 29.04.2014 at 20:42
It will probably be a pretty awesome album.
Lonniehaskel - 29.04.2014 at 21:38
Oh my god, Hellhammer.
Schnabeltier 24 - 29.04.2014 at 23:08
Oh, this album is getting more and more interesting after each song released.
King Bonzo - 30.04.2014 at 00:40
Can I just chime in and say I am sick to death of that "I am become death..." sample being used all over heavy metal?

The song incidentally sounds like Mayhem which means I'm buying it.
Apothecary - 30.04.2014 at 02:36
Written by King Bonzo on 30.04.2014 at 00:40

I don't so much have a problem with it being used, as it is taken from a pretty interesting text (The Bhagavad Gita), but just in proper context in relation to the quote. Here it feels out of place, like they used it to serve as an intro to the fanatic barrage that follows, and that's not what it's about. It's a Hindu text, essentially the conversation between Krishna and the warrior Arjuna on the eve of a great battle. But Krishna's really divine, as he's an avatar. So eventually, Arjuna asks to see his universal form, this sort of bright fire that seems to burn away everything at the end of existence. When he asks "who are you?" Krishna responds with the quote. So given that context, the spiritual nature of it, I think it'd be a lot better if like a doom or a stoner band used it.
!J.O.O.E.! - 30.04.2014 at 02:41
The air raid siren is a much nicer sample, because air raid sirens are boss. And remind me of Silent Hill.

Good song, though my least favourite of the 3. It's pretty much in the bag that this album is going to slay.
Migtanteot - 30.04.2014 at 18:58
Maybe the best song they´ve shared from the new album.
jeffhayden - 30.04.2014 at 21:42
Mayhem's new track "Trinity" is premiered yesterday. The groups new album "Esoteric Warfare" is headed towards a June 10th release
Warman - 01.05.2014 at 14:42
Written by jeffhayden on 30.04.2014 at 21:42

You don't say?
Karlabos - 01.05.2014 at 17:26
Written by jeffhayden on 30.04.2014 at 21:42

Totally awaiting for your next posts.

News Mayhem - Upcoming Album Details And New song 7.5 02.03.2007 by Spyroid
News Mayhem - Another New Song Streaming Online 7.5 12.05.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Mayhem - Debut New Single 7.5 18.02.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!
News The Vision Bleak - Debut New Song 5.5 23.08.2013 by Kwis