The wait is over for Agalloch fans. The American folk black metal band just revealed the entire new album The Serpent & The Sphere which is now streaming in full online ahead of its release. You can start off your week by listening to the entire opus here. After you give it a spin, or more, tell us if are pleased with the band's fifth full-length album.

The Serpent & The Sphere will be officially released on May 16th (Germany) and May 19th (Europe) via Eisenwald and Profound Lore Records releases it in North American on May 13th.

Tracklist:

01. Birth And Death Of The Pillars Of Creation
02. (Serpens Caput)
03. The Astral Dialogue
04. Dark Matter Gods
05. Celestial Effigy
06. Cor Serpentis (The Sphere)
07. Vales Beyond Dimension
08. Plateau Of The Ages
09. (Serpens Cauda)

[Also thanks to BloodJuNkie for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Agalloch

Posted: 05.05.2014 by DoomRules

Comments

Apothecary - 05.05.2014 at 14:19
Bitching fanboys in 3, 2, 1...
LeKiwi - 05.05.2014 at 14:26
Written by Apothecary on 05.05.2014 at 14:19

Bitching fanboys in 3, 2, 1...

Wait a second...why would fanboys bitch about new material?
Apothecary - 05.05.2014 at 14:30
Written by LeKiwi on 05.05.2014 at 14:26

Wait a second...why would fanboys bitch about new material?

Because it wasn't like this album, it needed to be like that album, there was too much this, not enough that, etc. I know Marrow Of The Spirit left a lot of fans butthurt, so now their anuses will need some pretty heavy cream to recover, and if Agalloch doesn't satisfy this time around, the shit parade will continue.
God Alone - 05.05.2014 at 14:37
I thought that Marrow was absolutely brilliant, just like Ashes, The Mantle, Pale Folklore, and this.
Alex Fenger - 05.05.2014 at 14:45
Written by Apothecary on 05.05.2014 at 14:30

I often feel like the world's biggest Agalloch fan, and I loved Marrow. The great thing about Agalloch is that their sound evolves on each release. There are similarities scattered about, but in full, all of their albums are different. Haven't had a chance to listen to this yet, but I've no doubt I'll love it.
Machiavelli - 05.05.2014 at 14:48
I don't get this music at all. The first minute was almost unbearable of simplistic note plucking... I hear tons of distortion on the drum kit?.. the music is so simple I could teach it to a class of 8 year olds... the buildup takes so long... and the thing is I actually like some black metal vox but certainly not for this stuff... it's now going into a slow passage at the 6min mark and it just sounds so weak and lousy production... honestly, I don't get why these guys are so huge... and i even like super slow tempo metal like Sleep but just can't understand why this is so appealing... the mood is not even dark and mysterious and spooky which for me suits down tempo metal but this is just bleak and boring... the soft guitar passage that is just some noodling exercise with some random wind noise in the background... OK had enough... and I have pretty obscure music tastes but this just doesn't work for me... I guess I'm just not Metal Storm enough.
Apothecary - 05.05.2014 at 14:48
Written by Alex Fenger on 05.05.2014 at 14:45

I didn't love it, but I definitely didn't trash talk it as much as some other people did, and I rather enjoyed it as well. Totally agree with you on their evolution of sound.
Unhealer - 05.05.2014 at 15:54
I found out about this like 5 minutes before going to bed, so I ended up playing it and sleeping to it What I could hear sounded lovely, here we go again...
LeKiwi - 05.05.2014 at 16:26
Written by Apothecary on 05.05.2014 at 14:30

Trve fans love all things Agalloch

I see your point
Dima - 05.05.2014 at 16:46
I feel like this album combines the previous 4 into 1. I like it.
strade - 05.05.2014 at 17:03
Well, that wasn't very good.
Dentura - 05.05.2014 at 18:59
Can't wait to get to it, it should be awesome.
joelinoo - 05.05.2014 at 21:09
Written by Dima on 05.05.2014 at 16:46

I feel like this album combines the previous 4 into 1. I like it.

I agree with this. It is amazing and really exciting to hear all the previous 4 albums merged together in this one. Another masterpiece from Agalloch, loving it.
!J.O.O.E.! - 05.05.2014 at 21:14
Written by Kraterr on 05.05.2014 at 20:00

I don't understand why people bitch about other people's bitching on albums. It's kind of the same thing.. Just leave them bitching, no matter what ever you say it won't make them stop, so why waste time?

Lolz indeed. It's an ironic endless circle really.
Karlabos - 05.05.2014 at 21:16
Written by Kraterr on 05.05.2014 at 20:00

Anyways, when is the LP release?

And now you're bitching about the bitching of other people's bitching. And I'm bitching about this bitching of yours.

Anyways, May 19th. it's written on the news above.
Dinruth - 05.05.2014 at 21:28
Written by Karlabos on 05.05.2014 at 21:16

Written by Kraterr on 05.05.2014 at 20:00

Anyways, when is the LP release?

Anyways, May 19th. it's written on the news above.

He was asking about the LP release!
Karlabos - 05.05.2014 at 21:31
Written by Dinruth on 05.05.2014 at 21:28

He was asking about the LP release!

Oh, nevermind then.
Alex Fenger - 06.05.2014 at 00:39
Written by Kraterr on 05.05.2014 at 20:00

Anyways, when is the LP release?

They haven't given an exact date, but it is expected sometime in June or July. The band stated that on their Facebook page, but didn't seem confident when stating it (they included a parenthetical "hopefully"). Hope that helps you plan your shopping a bit
Apothecary - 06.05.2014 at 06:50
Written by Kraterr on 05.05.2014 at 20:00

I certainly wasn't bitching about it. If anything, I find it amusing. I couldn't care less what people think about it, it's just funny to me that people still can't come to grips with the facts that bands evolve and change sound, and make such big deals out of it.
deadone - 06.05.2014 at 08:51
Written by Machiavelli on 05.05.2014 at 14:48

I don't get this music at all...

....I guess I'm just not Metal Storm enough.

A man after my own heart!
no one - 06.05.2014 at 09:28
Written by deadone on 06.05.2014 at 08:51

Written by Machiavelli on 05.05.2014 at 14:48

I don't get this music at all...

....I guess I'm just not Metal Storm enough.

A man after my own heart!

yeah i was thinking it might have brought a tear to your eye when i read that.

now maybe it's time i went on to some threads about bands i hate and whinge about how i can't understand how people like them, it just makes the convo go real well and everybody happy
pyrz - 06.05.2014 at 09:52
No limited edition this time around?
Paw!! - 06.05.2014 at 21:20
Written by Kraterr on 06.05.2014 at 14:47

Written by Apothecary on 06.05.2014 at 06:50

Written by Kraterr on 05.05.2014 at 20:00

I wasn't referring to you specifically, It's just something I see everywhere I go on the internet and IRL and I think your post sparked me to write the reply.

It certainly wasn't personal or anything, I don't even know any of you.

erat - 06.05.2014 at 21:30
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 05.05.2014 at 21:14

Written by Kraterr on 05.05.2014 at 20:00

Lolz indeed. It's an ironic endless circle really.

That's a life bug.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 09.05.2014 at 03:23
That serpent would look amazing as a patch. Fingers cross it get's made

News Voivod - New Album Streaming Online 7 15.01.2013 by Lit.
News The Cult - Audio Samples Of Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 06.04.2012 by Bad English
News The Dillinger Escape Plan - New Album Streaming Online 7 03.11.2007 by
News To-Mera - New Album Streaming Online 7 24.09.2012 by BloodTears
News Charred Walls Of The Damned - New Album Streaming, Video Online 7 27.01.2010 by CHEF METALHEAD