Down's new EP Down IV - Part Two has been made available for streaming via Soundcloud with the physical CD release scheduled for the 13th of May, 2014. Their new EP clocks at over 35 minutes and is available for streaming here or also here, in case the first link isn't available in your region.

After you listen to it, share your thoughts on the stoner/sludge metal band's new release.

Tracks:

01. Steeple
02. We Knew Him Well
03. Hogshead/Dogshead
04. Conjure
05. Sufferer's Years
06. Bacchanalia

Source: down-nola.com
Band profile: Down

Posted: 07.05.2014 by deadone

Comments

SleepFan - 07.05.2014 at 19:20
Sounds awesome!
Bad English - 07.05.2014 at 20:03
It says ''track is not avalible on your location''
!J.O.O.E.! - 07.05.2014 at 20:09
Neither of those links work for me either. Thank God for Youtube people (though the quality isn't the highest)

Sounds pretty good.
musclassia - 07.05.2014 at 20:13
It's pretty decent - they've never reached the heights of NOLA with anything they've done since in my opinion, but given how uninterested I was by the first EP, this one seems like a definite step up.
Machiavelli - 08.05.2014 at 00:50
I finished listening to it... riff after awesome riff and great guitar tone... vox by Phil were pretty good... gonna give it an 8 most likely.
deadone - 08.05.2014 at 03:59
In two minds about it after listening to it:

1a. Better than expected. Given all the talk of Sabbath/Vitus worship I was a bit worried. I was especially concerned Phil would go overboard with his Ozzy impersonation ala Witchtripper. This hasn't happened.

Some of the riffage does got a bit too far down the Sabbath path but overall it's done tastefully.

1b. Better than Pt I in terms of riffs and song composition. Some bits do drag on, but this has been a feature of Down since Down III.

But...

2. It's still not as massive or intense or plain awesome as Down II: A Bustle In Your Hedgerow. IMO they need to get away from the Sabbath-isms and refocus on including some more modern elements to achieve this.

I think I'll buy this one though.

A provisional 7 so far...
SuicidalCyco - 09.05.2014 at 03:32
Gnarly stuff. I like it.

News Phil Anselmo - New Solo Song Available For Streaming 9 13.05.2013 by Unhealer
News Amorphis - Entire New Album Now Available For Streaming 5.5 20.05.2009 by Janne
News Deftones - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 5.5 25.10.2006 by