Today you get to listen to Judas Priest's second single off Redeemer Of Souls, their long-awaited new album which follows Nostradamus. The band already released a snippet of the song "March Of The Damned" but now you can enjoy it in full. Just click play on the YouTube clip available below which also features an introduction from guitarist Glenn Tipton. Are you pleased with the song?

The album Redeemer Of Souls is already available for pre-order here. It will be available on July 14th in the UK and July 15th in the US.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Judas Priest

Posted: 19.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

WarriorFenix - 19.05.2014 at 21:25
2 songs in, not impressed one bit

Both songs have sounded really weak/tame/toothless. Things Judas Priest should be anything but...
Silent Jay - 19.05.2014 at 22:28
2 songs so far that make even 'Nostradamus' a good 'Priest effort... oh dear
ManiacBlasphemer - 19.05.2014 at 22:28
I like this one. Though the first one was rather unsatisfying, sounding average, this is a good mid-tempo song. I think the music JP is playing today reflects their age a little too. Fast music with a Halford that can't hit high notes anymore... and with a pretty weakened voice too... Seems like Faulkner is a good player, but it also seemes like he can't bring anything new either...
Traezeus - 20.05.2014 at 00:31
Where in the HELL did the energy in Halford's vocals go? It can't be age, just a few years ago he was cranking out shit like "The Mower", and now that he's back with Priest they put THIS out? I'm so confused.
sbuswell - 20.05.2014 at 03:36
He's too old now. Stinks because the muscianship is still there and shredding near the end of this song is pretty good shit.
deadone - 20.05.2014 at 03:57
I think it's too gutless for what it's trying to be. There's not energy in the playing.

Some of the riffs sound alright but they lack in energy.

Halford sounds like his shot his bolt.
Machiavelli - 20.05.2014 at 07:45
Retire.
BloodTears - 20.05.2014 at 11:06
It's obvious Halford can't sing like he did, we shouldn't expect that to happen. I think generally the song isn't great but hopefully there is something better on the record
The Shape 1973 - 20.05.2014 at 12:15
Still think it sounds like Ozzy.
exomorphyx89 - 20.05.2014 at 14:15
Daniell - 20.05.2014 at 14:49
The song itself isn't that bad, but it seems they were really ill and weak when they were recording it. Hopefully the rest of the album will be slightly better.
Angelic Storm - 20.05.2014 at 17:01
I was thoroughly unimpressed with the song the first time I heard it, but after repeated plays, I'm now finding it to be very enjoyable. It's a very simple song, like much of the material on British Steel, or Killing Machine, or even a couple of the songs on Rocka Rolla. The main problem with the song is the vocals. They are too laboured, and the effects on them make Rob sound like latter day Ozzy. This song, along with the title track may fare a lot better in a full album context, as I'm expecting there to be at least some real blockbuster, speedier cuts on the album. And if that is so, it's a mistake that they have chosen to release two slower, mid-paced numbers to showcase the album...
Troy Killjoy - 20.05.2014 at 17:12
Written by Machiavelli on 20.05.2014 at 07:45
Retire.

Seriously though. If there was ever a song that exemplified a band being past its prime, this is it.
Orangutoad - 20.05.2014 at 18:35
Written by Machiavelli on 20.05.2014 at 07:45

Retire.

Glad I'm not alone in feeling this way. I'm a huge Priest fan, and this is just sad as hell.

This sucks...bad. It lacks everything that made Priest, Priest. I can't believe they would even record this shit, and then add insult to injury with Glen saying it's one of his favorites. Did he go deaf all of a sudden? WTF is the world coming to?

Please retire and stop this madness.
R Lewis - 20.05.2014 at 19:16
God, Rob is almost unrecognizable. Looks like the album's quality will reflect the cover art's.
Cynic Metalhead - 20.05.2014 at 19:54
Put aside the vocals, song is good. Yeah, age does show in their playing but they pulling up hard according to what they can do.Like Angelic said, it'll get on you after few listens. Riffs are fine but I really like the flow. Still song is weak.

Well, it's at least better than first song that streamed online. But, nothing outstanding or breakthrough.
Machiavelli - 20.05.2014 at 20:14
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.05.2014 at 17:12

Written by Machiavelli on 20.05.2014 at 07:45
Retire.

So true, but there were a bunch of other releases by some of my old metal and rock heroes lately that makes me think old rich white people just can't bring it. They are too comfortable in the their own lives and don't have the edge or ferocity anymore.
Lumpcicle - 20.05.2014 at 20:55
The production is TERRIBLE!!!! The energy is missing too, but the song itself isn't awful. The album cover on the other hand.....
immortal78 - 21.05.2014 at 21:20
Thats what I was afraid; they mostly still follow the way of Nostradamus what has been confirmed by Rob during interview. And yes the structure and sound of these 2 new songs you can definatelly feel Nostradamus. I really hope they suprise me because I want very much to hear similarities from early years. As so far unfortunately I havent yet.
slayerules - 22.05.2014 at 05:08
Too simple composition, the main riff not bad but ends up becoming repetitive. And what about the low-toned vocals...? Is this really Rob Halford singing?

As a Priest fan I would like to say the oppsite, but my expectations are lower and lower.
maged918 - 22.05.2014 at 09:00
Reading the comments before listening to the song, I was thinking to myself that it definitely isn't that bad.

It's worse.

News Judas Priest - New Song Snippet, Early Guitarist Ernie Chataway Dies 7.5 14.05.2014 by The Shape 1973
News Judas Priest - New Video Online 7.5 24.06.2008 by Lord TJ
News Judas Priest - Working On New Material 7.5 27.01.2011 by Baz Anderson
News Neurotech - New Single Available For Streaming 5.5 25.06.2012 by Întunecatul
News Bossk - New Single Streaming Online 5.5 19.09.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!