As you may know, Equilibrium have announced two months ago that bassist Sandra van Eldik and guitarist Andreas Völkl left the band. We know now who is going to be the new guitarist of the band. It is Dom R. Crey, also known for his work with Nothgard and Wolfchant. In other news, you can also watch a brand new video clip for the song "Wirtshaus Gaudi" here now and enjoy another new song.

Statement from the band: "Hello dear Equi-community, after the departure of Sandra and Andi we have started to look for musicians, to start the next chapter with us and also the upcoming concerts. At this point we want to thank everyone, for sending us applications - some of them were really good. As of today we can announce that Dom (Dom R. Crey), also known through Nothgard and Wolfchant will be joining in on guitars from now on. We are absolutely proud that we have won our, partly long-term, friend as the latest member of the family! We are totally looking forward to the future with him as part of Equilibrium!"

Statement from Dom: "I am looking forward to the upcoming concerts and the next time, but also to listen to the new masterpiece of the Equi-guys. René has overdone himself with it, in my own opinion, which makes me even more euphoric towards the next gigs. This new and for some rather unusual constellation has no effect on my other bands. I am looking forward to have all the fun in the world with Equilibrium, that have been friends of mine for a while now and also to share this fun with you, dear Equi-Fans."

"Wirtshaus Gaudi" is one of the songs that will appear on the band's next album Erdentempel that will be released on June 6th in Europe and June 10th in North America via Nuclear Blast Records. Check out the song "Karawane" here as well.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Equilibrium

Posted: 23.05.2014 by tibosax

Comments

ManiacBlasphemer - 23.05.2014 at 12:38
Is this the folk answer for Tankard or what? )
Bad English - 23.05.2014 at 13:00
Ein bier bitte ... german style beer cups 1l , half litrer, made for lagers, schwarzbiers, dunkels, märzen special, majbocks , can drink, kölsh, altbierkellerbiers, rauchbier, as well
bier firts then comes the wenches (if you still can ... )
BloodJuNkie - 23.05.2014 at 15:50
Nice!
EmeraldSword - 23.05.2014 at 19:46
I'd go for a stein right about now.
Matus Dust - 23.05.2014 at 19:54
I don't like it. Way too many bands in this folky-drinking teritory.
quirin - 24.05.2014 at 01:27
The song is far from good enough to make up for this immature video. In my opinion.
Sword_Chant - 24.05.2014 at 14:31
I like it! imo it sounds absolutely great! All the other Equilibrium albums are so serious, this one steps away from that, that video is hilarious and it's purpose was clearly for the sense of humour, I think they pulled it off well because it's such an upbeat partying song. Verdict - Can't wait to get this album.
The Evergreen - 25.05.2014 at 23:26
I thought the minute plus intro was too much, but I was laughing by the end.
They need darker beer, too... märzen is the LIGHTEST they should go.
BlueMobius - 26.05.2014 at 08:04
Written by Sword_Chant on 24.05.2014 at 14:31

Written by Matus Dust on 23.05.2014 at 19:54

I don't like it. Way too many bands in this folky-drinking teritory.

Are we all forgetting that Equilibrium have had drinking songs since their first full length? "Met", it means mead, it's on Turis Fratyr, and the song was on their 2003 demo, which is 11 years ago folks. Bands have been making drinking music for as long as there have been drunk guys wanting to sing, and it's nothing new in metal either.

As for this song, it pales in comparison to anything on that 2003 demo or Turis Fratyr. But they are hardly the same band they were then either.
deadone - 26.05.2014 at 08:39
Drinking music that's written specifically as drinking music is a retarded concept and one that seems destined to fail (Tankard is a great example - they suck bollocks).

Good drinking music has something "magical" that clicks whilst drinking booze. And they make you want to drink more and carry on like a wanker. I call this synergy.

It's why Khe Sanh, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Better, Living On A Prayer, We're Not Gonna Take It, Dr Feelgood, and Enter Sandman feel so right when downing some Boags Draught on a hot summer day.

Shit I could do with a beer just thinking about it.

Anyhow that Equillibrium song does not make me want to drink beer as it's complete shit.
MétalNoir - 28.05.2014 at 16:06
Bad song but funny video....
D.T. Metal - 31.05.2014 at 06:51
And if someone is interested, they made a behind the scenes video of the video shoot.

News Equilibrium - New Video Online 9 19.06.2010 by Sentenced Odiin
News Equilibrium - New Video Online 9 25.08.2008 by metal2000
News Royal Thunder - New Video Online, North American Tour Announced 7 05.01.2013 by Draugen
News High On Fire - New Video Online, Australian Mini-Tour Announced 7 17.08.2012 by Machiavelli
News Unisonic - New Lyric Video Online 5.5 24.05.2014 by R Lewis