Opeth have finally revealed today the album artwork of Pale Communion, their anticipated new release. It was once again created by Travis Smith with art direction by Mikael Åkerfeldt. The album was pushed back to August 26th and the pre-orders will be up on Roadrunner's web store and on Opeth's official merch store next week, June 3rd. As of now, you can take a look at the album cover right here. Do you like it?

Tracklist:

Band profile: Opeth

Posted: 27.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

3rdWorld - 28.05.2014 at 08:35
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2014 at 07:15

You must not read up on the latest Opeth news. Akerfeldt has stated numerous times the reason for the direction they've taken.

True. I have stopped following opeth news but just checked out the track to know how their sound has become after Heritage. The only latest news I've read about them is when he said that if Heritage resmebled 70'd prog rock this one would is be in the style of 80's hard rock. And since they've announced this won't contain no harsh vocals, I lost interest to read their interviews to further hear their justifications for the change and will just check out record when it's out.
deadone - 28.05.2014 at 09:05
A link to new track would be good guys!

Not a bad little ditty. I wish the guitars were a bit more prominent and raw and not so compressed sounding.

I like the cover too.
Reaper_Redeamer - 28.05.2014 at 09:14
Travis Smith quality
Fallen Ghost - 28.05.2014 at 11:21
I prefer the other album art, that one in the church
Spirit Molecule - 28.05.2014 at 13:43
Damn, that's quite badly done. Heritage had nice artwork, this one, not so much. I don't know what they were thinking. Maybe they're just trolling people. Everyone went ape shit with the last album and most people are probably going to hate the art on this one.

As someone said earlier, they should have just used one of the illustrations inside the frame as the full artwork. The one on the right looks pretty cool actually
R Lewis - 28.05.2014 at 14:33
Don't see why this one is getting so much hatred. I love everything about it: the concept, the paintings and also the pretty unnatural color scheme and light.
Apothecary - 28.05.2014 at 18:18
So many bleeding pussies on this thread
Orangutoad - 28.05.2014 at 18:34
Even though Opeth is one of my favorite bands (well, they used to be)...I have to say that this album cover is very boring, and so is that new track. Very disappointing. I guess they have given up being a great prog metal metal band to be a mediocre prog rock band. What a shame.
ZuraGvenetadze - 28.05.2014 at 20:22
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgfeQJUOAMs
this is the new adress of opeth song
b0sse - 28.05.2014 at 20:25
Written by mz on 28.05.2014 at 00:16

Written by b0sse on 27.05.2014 at 22:47

Opeth; most overrated band of all time.

let me introduce you to wintersun and ensiferum.

Yeah, those too. So overrated.
seafood - 28.05.2014 at 20:58
Written by 3rdWorld on 28.05.2014 at 08:35

...if Heritage resmebled 70'd prog rock this one would is be in the style of 80's hard rock.

Now I only hope they will continue this way, with the next album sounding like 90s death metal. I've almost given up all hope on this one after hearing the leaked track.
Opethian - 28.05.2014 at 21:36
Love Opeth. I just want something to be proud of. I think I've listened to Heritage like 3 times since its release As for the Art work its irrelevant.
Opethian - 28.05.2014 at 21:38
Written by Apothecary on 28.05.2014 at 18:18

So many bleeding pussies on this thread

They have nothing better to do. Just dont mention news of a Wintersun album around here hahaha
Jaeryd17‍ - 29.05.2014 at 00:10
Written by deadone on 28.05.2014 at 09:05

A link to new track would be good guys!

I like the cover too.

It probably sounds compressed because it's a leaked (read: low quality) file and uploaded to youtube.
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.05.2014 at 00:12
The versions I've heard certainly weren't compressed. The production's rather well done actually; lots of little detailing and nicely mixed drums.
deadone - 29.05.2014 at 01:47
Written by R Lewis on 28.05.2014 at 14:33

Don't see why this one is getting so much hatred.

I don't get it either. It's a nice interesting cover.

IMO I much prefer it to covers from some of their other albums ala Deliverance or Damnation or Orchid or whatever.
Lehctim - 29.05.2014 at 02:08
Written by b0sse on 28.05.2014 at 20:25

Yeah, those too. So overrated.

What was that about bleeding pussies??
erat - 29.05.2014 at 19:40
Written by b0sse on 28.05.2014 at 20:25

Written by mz on 28.05.2014 at 00:16

Written by b0sse on 27.05.2014 at 22:47

Opeth; most overrated band of all time.

let me introduce you to wintersun and ensiferum.

Yeah, those too. So overrated.

IQ level of this comment: "0"
deadone - 30.05.2014 at 01:49
Personally I think Enisferum and Wintersun both suck big hairy donkey bollocks...

Opeth kicks their gutless littles arses. And I'm not even that great an Opeth fan!
maged918 - 30.05.2014 at 11:00
Terrible, terrible artwork.
waynebrutiful - 30.05.2014 at 22:00
Written by 3rdWorld on 28.05.2014 at 08:35

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2014 at 07:15

I'm actually kind of stoked to hear some cleans. I'm an old school Opeth fan, but I actually enjoyed "watershed" for what it was...the band's progression. I'm loving the art and looking forward to adding this to my collection.
Opethian - 30.05.2014 at 23:42
I fear for Opeth. I hate to say it but im afraid that a lot of people are going to Pirate the shit out of their new album and sales will take a big hit ...
!J.O.O.E.! - 31.05.2014 at 01:26
Written by Opethian on 30.05.2014 at 23:42

Not really any different for any other band. Besides, Opeth don't strike me as a band short a few quid. I'm sure they'll do just fine.
b0sse - 31.05.2014 at 04:05
Written by erat on 29.05.2014 at 19:40

IQ level of this comment: "0"

lol, butthurt much?
Ace Frawley - 31.05.2014 at 10:33
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 31.05.2014 at 01:26

Written by Opethian on 30.05.2014 at 23:42

Yeah, I think bands have come to terms with the new world and try to capitalise in other ways to ensure a revenue stream to compensate for the loss of album sales due to illegal downloads or file sharing. They make money touring and selling merchandise and probably in other ways that I don't know about.
Erik M. - 04.06.2014 at 23:24
Let's face it: this cover art sucks.
Erik M. - 04.06.2014 at 23:27
Written by Opethian on 30.05.2014 at 23:42

Yeah, I'm going with what Joe said. Being concerned about a band like Opeth doing well financially is very silly, no offence.
SWAMPL0RD - 21.06.2014 at 20:21
I am bummed that Opeth has "changed directions" with their latest albums (not adding the heavy guitars, growls, etc.) but Opeth has been changing directions since Orchid. I just keep thinking that fans of their old sound, like me, have eight heavy albums we can still listen to. That's a lot of Opeth for me, and it never gets old. So what if there is a couple different sounding albums? They all sound different to me. I even really like Damnation (all clean songs). I guess there wasn't much complaint with that album since it was quickly followed by Deliverance. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I'm not disappointed with the new stuff because I still have all the old stuff in my collection.

P.S. I personally don't like the artwork, and agree with some that the third painting should be used as the main cover art.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Carach Angren - Unveil New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 8.5 21.03.2012 by Marcus
News Sinister - Unveil New Album Tracklist And Cover Art 8.5 25.04.2012 by
News Mors Principium Est - Unveil New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 8.5 15.09.2014 by Reaper_Redeamer
News Firewind - Unveil New Album Cover Art And Release Date 8.5 08.03.2012 by Super_Greg
News Rhapsody Of Fire - Unveil New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 8.5 16.09.2013 by Angel_Lament