Anathema continue their path and their new album is upon us. In fact, Distant Satellites is being released tomorrow in Germany; 9th of June in the UK and rest of the world and 10th of June in the US, Canada and France. But the wait is over if you are curious to hear the new material. You can listen to Distant Satellites right now and in its entirety at this location. How did you enjoy the band's 10th album? Any favourite songs? Tell us about it.

Tracklist:

01. The Lost Song Part 1 (5:54)
02. The Lost Song Part 2 (5:45)
03. Dusk (Dark Is Descending) (6:00)
04. Ariel (6:29)
05. The Lost Song Part 3 (5:22)
06. Anathema (6:41)
07. You're Not Alone (3:27)
08. Firelight (2:43)
09. Distant Satellites (8:18)
10. Take Shelter (6:07)

The record was produced and mixed by Christer-André Cederberg at his own Cederberg Studios in Oslo, Norway, as well as Steve Wilson, who mixed some of the tracks, and Dave Stewart, who composed the orchestral arrangements.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Anathema

Posted: 05.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

RaVeN - 05.06.2014 at 16:57
Ariel and Lost Song part 3 where the only 2 songs that stood out for me. The rest is just a follow up to their last 2 releases. It's well executed and decent but to me, an anathema fan who grew up on great albums like Judgment and Alternative 4, this new direction that the band has undertaken is just not Anathema to my ears. I had high hopes for this album but i'm disappointed.
BloodTears - 05.06.2014 at 19:05
Pretty sure Marcel won't like it

Only listened to a few songs, so I'm gonna need more time to digest the whole thing. And I'll buy the CD anyway.
Dentura - 05.06.2014 at 19:33
I'll need to listen to this thing soon. I'm sure it'll be good.
seafood - 05.06.2014 at 19:50
Hm, I might have expected more after Weather Systems. But maybe it'll grow on me.
UnknownCheese - 05.06.2014 at 20:26
Weather Systems was bad enough, this is even worse.
RavenEffect - 05.06.2014 at 21:08
So far so really good. love the way they are heading
Dark Forever - 05.06.2014 at 21:35
Written by UnknownCheese on 05.06.2014 at 20:26

Weather Systems was bad enough, this is even worse.

Dude, you're really hard to please. I felt curiosity over someone who says Weather Systems was bad and went to your profile to see your comments. You never say anything positive, the new Opeth single is a "shit sandwich of a song", the new Agalloch album which is one of my top 2014 albums is for you "their worst by a landslide", you don't listen to " MTV metal" Mastodon since Leviathan. Are you sure Metal is your style?
garmling - 05.06.2014 at 21:54
Ok album but nothing special imo ....there're some nice songs (Lost Song 1 & 2, Take Shelter (could be a lot better without those electronic noises) and Dusk (Dark is Descending)), but the rest is nothing special...I had high hopes for the song Anathema, but it's only meh....Weather Systems is way better album for me....
Hex_Omega - 05.06.2014 at 23:11
Weather Systems is an awesome album. Their best since Judgement.
Captain Cumbeard - 05.06.2014 at 23:49
Written by Dark Forever on 05.06.2014 at 21:35

Written by UnknownCheese on 05.06.2014 at 20:26

Weather Systems was bad enough, this is even worse.

Maybe he likes cheese?
UnknownCheese - 06.06.2014 at 00:03
Written by Dark Forever on 05.06.2014 at 21:35

Written by UnknownCheese on 05.06.2014 at 20:26

Weather Systems was bad enough, this is even worse.

I like some metal in my metal, not Coldplay. Anathema were good up until Pentecost III.

I like Agalloch, but the new one is likely their worst release.

Mastodon have never been very good, but they just keep getting worse.

I like metal just fine, but not bad metal.
RaVeN - 06.06.2014 at 06:48
Written by UnknownCheese on 06.06.2014 at 00:03

Written by Dark Forever on 05.06.2014 at 21:35

Written by UnknownCheese on 05.06.2014 at 20:26

Weather Systems was bad enough, this is even worse.

I like Agalloch, but the new one is likely their worst release.

Mastodon have never been very good, but they just keep getting worse.

I like metal just fine, but not bad metal.

I totally get the Coldplay reference! Because it does sound really mainstream. But for me Anathema were still
really good even when they went experimental and i like everything they've released till A natural disaster but
everything after that is just very average for such a talented band.
EtaArgus - 06.06.2014 at 16:05
First listen, and after the marvelous Weather System, I think my expectations are very high, I'm giving it a 8, probably a 7.5, but I guess like every Anathema album, It'll grow on me.
I am not pleased with the electronic stuff either.
CECLOR - 06.06.2014 at 17:00
Its boring sytentic very bad album.. and this yelling over and over.. not that way anathema not that way, come back
AeonGio - 06.06.2014 at 22:18
Contrary to many opinions i read, i'm a big fan of this new phase, for me Weather Systems is simply superb!
Lehctim - 07.06.2014 at 07:35
Weather Systems had some really cool acoustic guitars, but it got a little old. Still looking forward to giving this a listen when I get a chance
Slyfang - 07.06.2014 at 13:39
Written by Shinkirō on 05.06.2014 at 18:38

You fuckers should shut up about Anathema being prog rock, every fucking time an album gets released by them I hear the same bullshit over and over again. Grow a fucking spine.

If you think Anathema's a death doom band then you're the one living in the past, in denial and in need of a spine.
Slyfang - 07.06.2014 at 23:24
Written by Shinkirō on 07.06.2014 at 14:06

Written by Slyfang on 07.06.2014 at 13:39

Written by Shinkirō on 05.06.2014 at 18:38

well, you are a retard if you thought that from the comment you quoted, I like anathema's prog rock present, I just hate people who bash bands for changing styles.

Then express yourself more clearly and don't be a cunt about it
Alex Fenger - 10.06.2014 at 18:58
Didn't like this at all. The previous album was quite a bit better (although I didn't like it too much).
Also Kraterr and Slyfang: Stop insulting each other and kiss. A minor mis-communication doesn't warrant calling each other a "cunt" or a "retard"
fandango68 - 15.06.2014 at 22:20
Incidentally, it appears that Anathema have just announced a small, autumn UK tour... here are the dates:

SEPTEMBER 2014

21st - Glasgow, o2 ABC2
22nd - o2 Academy Newcastle 2
23rd - Manchester Academy 3
25th - Wolverhampton, Slade Rooms
26th - London, Koko
27th - Bristol, Thekla
28th - Southampton, Talking Heads

News The Great Old Ones - Full New Album Streaming Online 8.5 02.04.2014 by psykometal
News Decapitated - New Album Streaming Online In Full 8.5 26.09.2014 by Opethian
News Den Saakaldte - Full New Album Streaming Online 8.5 27.05.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham
News Lord Mantis - Full New Album Streaming Online 8.5 26.04.2014 by -DC-002-
News Archspire - Full New Album Streaming Online 8.5 18.04.2014 by SublimeDragon

Hits total: 2021 | This month: 2