More news arrives today from Sweden as Evergrey unveil the cover artwork for their upcoming album Hymns For The Broken. They further announced that August 15th will mark the premiere of their new single and video entitled "King Of Errors". Those of you who are eager for a taste of what is to come, please direct your attention to the one-minute snippet here below. And check out the album cover too.

As previously reported, Hymns For The Broken drops on September 26th via AFM Records.

Tracks:

Cool
LascaillesShroud - 18.06.2014 at 21:51
Nothing else about this year matters except this
LeKiwi - 18.06.2014 at 21:57
Written by LascaillesShroud on 18.06.2014 at 21:51

Nothing else about this year matters except this

Come on, your hopes can't possible be that high for the band considering their 3 latest...
LascaillesShroud - 18.06.2014 at 22:11
Written by LeKiwi on 18.06.2014 at 21:57

Written by LascaillesShroud on 18.06.2014 at 21:51

Nothing else about this year matters except this

I don't recall any bad album in recent years....or ever, for that matter. Sorry if you think otherwise, I am very much excited.
LeKiwi - 18.06.2014 at 22:15
Written by LascaillesShroud on 18.06.2014 at 22:11

You're lucky to perceive it that way. There was a very sudden and unexpected watering down of their sound from TIC
LascaillesShroud - 18.06.2014 at 22:19
Written by LeKiwi on 18.06.2014 at 22:15

Written by LascaillesShroud on 18.06.2014 at 22:11

The Inner Circle is one of my top 10 albums of all time, Monday Morning and Glorious Collision took awhile but I do really enjoy them. As for Torn, I enjoyed that right from the get go. What excites me is the changes that have occurred and how enthusiastic Tom has been for the album, I am "friends" with him on his personal FB so I've been stalking him watching all the updates on this.

Plus, the riff in that sample.
LeKiwi - 18.06.2014 at 22:34
Written by LascaillesShroud on 18.06.2014 at 22:19

Plus, the riff in that sample.

Indeed his enthusiasm is evident, I am hoping that it reflects the quality of the album, however, I cannot make that judgement given that I hadn't started following the band until their GC and thus have no idea if that enthusiasm is consistent.

Indeed, but that being said each of Evergrey's albums have had tasty, heavy riffs; that's not the issue I have with the last three. It's that they've resorted to hackneyed chuga-chug riffs or cheesy pianos in their verses and unimaginative vocal melodies throughout. Until I hear the single, I'll keep my expectations really low.
Dark Blood - 18.06.2014 at 22:36
I like that sample! The artwork is also alright.
Ilham - 18.06.2014 at 22:45
Hymns for zombies. I only see zombies on that cover.

That sample is really too short. You can't expect people to look forward to anything with 30 seconds of "nothing new but not bad either".
BloodTears - 19.06.2014 at 11:43
Still excited. Don't like the cover but it seems to follow the style of "Glorious Collision" which wasn't very good either
SexyCat_1113 - 19.06.2014 at 16:00
..............................
I'm shocked, so terrible...
The Evergreen - 20.06.2014 at 20:01
I loved it, that was great!
Once again, though, there are no Evergrey albums that I don't love.
thehondo - 22.06.2014 at 07:01
Now That sounds more like it. Cant wait! Have'nt meet expectations since Inner Circle.
Stunning Cactus - 08.07.2014 at 08:47
Written by Ilham on 18.06.2014 at 22:45

Hymns for zombies. I only see zombies on that cover.

My thoughts exactly.

I know this band is capable of much more, they could have at least showcased something sliiiightly brilliant.

News Trail Of Tears - Reveal New Album Title And Cover Art 10 11.11.2012 by dismaleuphony
News Grave - Reveal New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 10 23.06.2012 by
News Neurosis - Reveal New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 10 28.08.2012 by PRIVAT
News Grave Digger - Reveal New Album Title And Cover Art 10 18.06.2012 by Angel_Lament
News Witch Mountain - Reveal New Album Cover Art And More 10 22.07.2014 by Lit.