There's finally some news addressing the future release(s) from Wintersun. Even if we don't get a date, mastermind Jari Mäenpää felt the need to at least talk about some of the reasons why there's no release date confirmed for Time II now but the initial plan was to release it in early 2014. Time I was released back in 2012, of course.

Here's what he has to say: "Here's the reality. Time I & II and even couple of the next albums would have been out already, if I would have a studio. BUT I don't have a studio. Studio is like an instrument of making music and I don't have that instrument, so it's pretty fucking hard to make albums, especially as complicated as the Time albums are.

"Time II is in good place mixwise, it's sounding pretty damn spectacular, but there are still some difficult obstacles I'm battling with. Tuska Festival weekend is coming and I'm gonna get wasted! I've been working nonstop since January (and not just the Time II, new material and there's some other new things boiling under as well). So don't come ask me at Tuska 'when's Time II coming out?' hahah! Unless you buy me a beer!"

So, who knows when the next album will be out?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Wintersun

Posted: 25.06.2014 by FreddeSwede

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Dentura - 26.06.2014 at 02:58
At least it's not another 8 years (yet).
AngelofDeth - 26.06.2014 at 03:37
The dood is ridiculous always blaming equipment and external issues when really he just can't finish a damn song because 110 tracks ain't enough, he has to add more and more and more, he's never satisfied. Time I was an absolute mess because there were a million audio tracks in each song and at this rate Time II will probly be even worse off.

Seriously think he may have a mental disorder like someone said, that's definitely some compulsive behavior..
Teravolt_Danny - 26.06.2014 at 04:29
So how can I guy this well known not have studios offering to let him record there? Does he just refuse to not do it on his own?
D.T. Metal - 26.06.2014 at 04:52
Well, he HAD to break the silence and make a statement; even more so since Time II "won" our Metal Storm Anthology Awards earlier this year.
Mattybu - 26.06.2014 at 04:59
Written by Vombatus on 26.06.2014 at 00:55

Written by Mattybu on 26.06.2014 at 00:28

If only there was some way to avoid actively seeking out music that you expect to be bad and don't like and listening to it, that would be nice.

I hear ya, but honestly, it's more like passively being exposed to shit music when some popular lame band comes out with something new. It's all over the place and sometimes hard to avoid, a bit like a metal version of the last radio hit or something, ya know

Well it can be hard to avoid buzz or conversation about it, but I find to actually hear the music you sort of have to "initiate the act" (i.e. click a link or something). I read a lot about Avenged Sevenfold's album last year and how supposedly shitty and rip-offy it was but never heard it or listened to any of it.
M C Vice - 26.06.2014 at 06:31
He really should stop leaning on the delete button.
The Evergreen - 26.06.2014 at 07:05
Written by M C Vice on 26.06.2014 at 06:31

He really should stop leaning on the delete button.

LOL...

Jari, I will buy you beer 'till you fall over... just get us that lovely 2013 album of yours.
Stunning Cactus - 26.06.2014 at 07:51
Written by Windir2010 on 25.06.2014 at 22:49

What a bunch of whiny bitches you all are. How about this, get the fuck over it. It will come out when it comes out. He does not owe you anything ,least of which a rushed album that you all will also bitch about for being pushed through. Listen to something else ffs, there are PLENTY of other great bands to tide you over. You all make it seem like he is the only fucking musician in the world and you are being deprived of something necessary to live. What a joke

Windir nailed it.

Oh no, perhaps the album has been delayed to 2017. Perhaps Jari has trouble being honest. Perhaps Jari wants to get wasted this weekend. Who the fuck cares? Not only is the album bound to come out at some point, it is none of ANY of your guy's damn business how Jari spends his time. Certainly making assumptions about his motives and calling him shit you would never say to his face is infantile and fucking ignorant (and before anyone clever comes along, yes, I WOULD say this to your face).
Troy Killjoy - 26.06.2014 at 08:05
Written by Stunning Cactus on 26.06.2014 at 07:51

Who's to say any of the users here wouldn't say what they wrote in this thread to his face? You're certainly confident in your face-to-face confrontational abilities, and I'm sure you aren't the only one on this site who thinks the same way.

And if it isn't anyone's business... then why does he bother updating anyone in the first place?
Stunning Cactus - 26.06.2014 at 08:13
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.06.2014 at 08:05

Written by Stunning Cactus on 26.06.2014 at 07:51

Troy -

I was merely covering my ass for any "clever" replies. As I was only referring to people's actions as infantile and ignorant, yes, I would be quite surprised if people here would in all honesty confront the man face to face and call him the type of things they have been saying.

I think it is great for bands to update their fans on progress. But if he really does not have much to update us on, yet feels he needs to connect with us in some way regardless (be it in a rather facetious manner), I think it is unfair for people to assume he is an asshole and to expect that he should ALWAYS have brilliantly enlightening updates or know EXACTLY when his music is going to be ready for our ears.
BlackEssence - 26.06.2014 at 09:06
It's time to Time II.
Maco - 26.06.2014 at 09:24
Time II will be ahead of it's time. I can be sure.
M C Vice - 26.06.2014 at 09:30
Did he ever say it would be released in 2013 AD?
Maybe he want's Virgin Black's Requiem: Pianissimo to be released first.
DahliaRock - 26.06.2014 at 12:12
What a whiny little bitch.. so unmetal
BloodTears - 26.06.2014 at 12:15
Written by D.T. Metal on 26.06.2014 at 04:52

LOL I'm sure he felt the pressure and he's probably tired of people asking him all the time (no pun intended).
theFIST - 26.06.2014 at 13:09
Written by Zaphod on 25.06.2014 at 23:40

So your recording situation is good enough to record Time I, but not good enough to record the second part?

yes, time 2 which had been recorded before the release of time 1 and should have been mixed until early 2013 can"t be recorded in the studio time 1 was recorded in
Moose - 26.06.2014 at 15:27
This sounds very familiar. I was going to ask why he keeps setting unrealistic release dates in the first place when bands are under no obligation to do so, but I guess it could be:

1. Setting a release date is a form of goal-setting, putting pressure on him to get it done on time, preventing laziness.
2. It's a great way to generate publicity and keep people talking about your band in between albums.

That, or he genuinely just keeps underestimating how long these things take.
Ozman - 26.06.2014 at 15:35
Written by Moose on 26.06.2014 at 15:27

That, or he genuinely just keeps underestimating how long these things take.

But why would he do that when he already said at the time of release of Time 1 that Time 2 was already recorded and mixed for the most part?
AberrantBeing - 26.06.2014 at 17:54
Written by AngelofDeth on 26.06.2014 at 03:37

Completely agree! The Live at Sonic Pump Studios recording/video sounded way better than the actual album (imo of course). It seemed like the mix of guitars, drums, and vocals were at a good level in comparison to the over glorified 100+ ambient/symphonic/WhateverTheHell tracks. Makes me not so excited and slightly worried about the quality of Time II.
AngelofDeth - 26.06.2014 at 21:09
Written by AberrantBeing on 26.06.2014 at 17:54

Glad others think the same, I felt like the odd one out when the album released as I was sitting there scratching my head while everyone was sucking Jari's balls. That does sound like it would make the album much better, they should record a live version of the album that would be amazing. I'm not a Jari hater for the sake of it, I think it would actually be a pretty damn good album if it were re-mixed and simplified. And yes, at this rate Time II will be an over-saturated mess by the time it gets released in 2020, still keeping the album on my radar but as much as I keep a new CoB album on the radar - meaning not much hope there.

Written by Moose on 26.06.2014 at 15:27

That, or he genuinely just keeps underestimating how long these things take.

You forgot the biggest aspect of all: Pressure from there Music Label, they've been riding Jari's ass since the debut and forced them to play shows while Jari kept saying he needed more time to work on Time. Oh yeah theres one more excuse he had, claiming 3 EU shows a year was gonna delay Time even more... haha someone should make a list of all these.
theFIST - 27.06.2014 at 16:49
Written by AngelofDeth on 26.06.2014 at 21:09

does anyone know if jari actually still wants to be a musician or just does it because he already knows how to get through doing that?
EnigmaLake - 29.06.2014 at 18:23
Time II will release whenever it's released, so be it...enjoy what he's created and buy him a beer.
Giza - 29.06.2014 at 22:48
I think it's just cool and trendy to hate Wintersun on this website. Just like Manowar.
FreddeSwede - 30.06.2014 at 16:19
No matter what people say about Jari and Wintersun in here, we all know that you love the music that they create. With this in mind, 10 years from now you'll still listen to them.
EnigmaLake - 04.07.2014 at 20:06
Written by Giza on 29.06.2014 at 22:48

Agreed, the nose-up "know it all" shit talking in comments not just here but all over the internet is why I try to refrain from reading comments and posting.
wintress - 11.07.2014 at 23:41
Jari reminds me of George R. R. Martin - always saying he will release it at a certain time, and then not following through.

Though I don't mind either, as long as the final product is good and well-thought-through.
Vombatus - 12.07.2014 at 00:21
Written by wintress on 11.07.2014 at 23:41

Well, Martin learned not to give anymore time estimation after everyone bitched about the A Dance With Dragons delay and doesn't give lazy-ass excuses, unlike this Jari guy. Yeah, Jari is much worse, not to mention he thinks his fans are idiots
The Melting Snow - 28.07.2014 at 13:30
The album will be a disappointment anyway. calm your horses people

Pages: 1 [2]

News Wintersun - Issue Update Regarding Crowdfunding, 'Time II' 9 01.08.2014 by Death
News Wintersun - Release 'Time II' Album Update 9 08.02.2013 by Dargor
News Wintersun - 'Time I' Release Date Pushed Back A Week 6 14.09.2012 by Amatsu Mikaboshi
News Wintersun - Live Shows And Album Update 6 14.05.2011 by The Voyager