If you want to hear more from Panopticon's new album, you can today. Austin "A. Lundr" Lunn's atmospheric black metal band is releasing Roads To The North, which you can now pre-order here or over here. On the video below, you can listen to the band's new song "Capricious Miles" from the impending release. Enjoy!

You can still listen to "Chase The Grain" over here. Roads To The North is due for release on August 1st by Bindrune Recordings and Nordvis.

Tracklist:

01. The Echoes Of A Disharmonic Evensong (9:36)
02. Where Mountains Pierce The Sky (12:43)
03-5. The Long Road (in 3 movements)
I. One Last Fire (5:56)
II. Capricious Miles (7:53)
III.The Sigh Of Summer (9:39)
06. Norwegian Nights (3:20)
07. In Silence (9:46)
08. Chase The Grain (12:14)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Panopticon

Posted: 14.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

TheLostChord - 15.07.2014 at 01:15
Awesome
Electes - 15.07.2014 at 04:58
The song seems to be played a little too fast. Would have liked it slowed down a bit at several points in the song. The blast beats also sound slightly off. A bit fast and don't fit some of the riffs. Some good riffs, though. Okay song overall.
Verdun_sc - 15.07.2014 at 07:17
Written by Electes on 15.07.2014 at 04:58

...I'm... not sure you actually listened to the song...

I mean you dont have to like it, but he's right on time throughout... And it slows down right quick after that initial beginning carried by the rotating blast beats. Which work really well because the guitars there are kind of ambient so playing a different style blast for each repeat is a clever variation. After that it's pretty much midpaced until the clean part which is pretty damn slow. So. Suffice to say I dunno what you're talking about with your criticisms.

And on the contrary in fact, if he played certain riffs slower it would feel plodding and too long, honestly. As is it feels just right. Although I wish the second section before the end was longer.
Electes - 15.07.2014 at 17:50
Written by Verdun_sc on 15.07.2014 at 07:17

Written by Electes on 15.07.2014 at 04:58

...I'm... not sure you actually listened to the song...

Well, that's like, your opinion, man. Just as mine is. I'm a musician, a drummer primarily, and as such I don't think the drums quite fit the riff played along with it at certain points in the song. It's not out of time, only that it's not fitting. I would have either done something else or had slowed the time of the passage down.

I'm very much a stickler when it comes to blast beats in atmospheric black metal. Sometimes bands use them wonderfully, other times, like sort of here, they're a little obnoxious and not quite needed to be so forceful. I, in a way, get the impression he used them early in the song just because he can, not because it suits the riffs, in my opinion.
Karlabos - 16.07.2014 at 16:43
Great as always =)

News Amorphis - New Song Streaming Online 5.5 01.03.2013 by
News Blood Red Throne - New Song Online 5.5 11.07.2011 by furnacefuneral
News Naglfar - Reveal New Album Details, New Song Online 5.5 05.02.2012 by iMorphball
News Portal - New Song Streaming Online 5.5 13.12.2012 by J. N.
News Napalm Death - New Song Online 5.5 07.01.2012 by ThunderAxe1989