Roadburn 2015 is officially taking off. Enslaved guitarist Ivar Bjørnson has been announced as one of the curators of Roadburn Festival 2015 alongside Wardruna's Einar Kvitrafn Selvik. As curators, both Ivar and Einar will personally select the bands for their curated Roadburn event, named Houses of the Holistic, and play special shows with Enslaved and Wardruna respectively as well.

"The Norwegian pair, both former Roadburn performers, have played an important role in bringing together the past, present and future sounds of hard rock, progressive metal, and alternative scenes, which makes them the ideal choice to carry on the tradition that began in 2008."

Enslaved's performance, dubbed House of Northern Gods, will consist of a setlist specially put together for Houses of the Holistic, featuring songs from the band's entire catalogue that embody the Norse gods, with accompanying visuals created by revered Romanian artist, Costin Chioreanu. Be prepared for a surprise or two, or even more.

Ivar Bjørnson comments: "To say that my dream as a kid was to one day curate the Roadburn Festival would perhaps be to take it a tad too far - but it isn't that far from the truth. There's some ridiculously big shoes to fill, but luckily negative pressure, idea draught and performance anxiety aren't something I'm into. It is my favourite festival in one of my favourite parts of the world; so this is nothing short of one the biggest honours I've been given! It is a privilege to undertake this challenge in twosome with Einar; an artist I truly feel in tune with artistically and philosophically - now it is all about hard work and dedication to ensure that the audience and the festival itself is given a Friday to enjoy, experience and remember. I for one can't wait!"

Roadburn Festival 2015 will run for four days from Thursday, April 9th to Sunday, April 12th, 2015 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands. Houses of the Holistic, co-curated by Ivar Bjørnson will take place on Friday, April 10th, 2015. Start saving up, people!

In other Roadburn news, The Heads (Allen, Maskell, Morgan, Price) will return to Roadburn, to follow in the footsteps of Enslaved, Circle, Justin K. Broadrick and Neige (Alcest) as Artist In Residence at the 2015 festival (the 20th edition).

Source: roadburn.com
Band profile: Enslaved
Event: Roadburn 2015: 20th Anniversary

Posted: 23.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Mr. Doctor - 23.07.2014 at 21:16
Aw yeah this looks nice. Specially excited about "songs from the band's entire catalogue" not to mention the art of Costin is fucking INSANE.

Who thinks this is gonna be a far better idea than Mikael's curator shenanigans from 2014?

*Rod raises hand*
Deadsoulman - 23.07.2014 at 22:59
*Collin raises both hands and a foot*

I'm so gonna be there.

That Costin dude is the same guy who did the art in 2012, isn't it?
Mr. Doctor - 23.07.2014 at 23:07
Depends on what art you are talking about. On 2012 the artwork on the booklet (the sci-fi looking one) was done by some other dude but the one done on 2013 and 2014 is by Costin if memoery serves me right.

You might remember him on 2012 because both my sis and I bought some posters made by him.
Deadsoulman - 23.07.2014 at 23:13
I finally got the hang of Google and found out he was the official visual artist for Roadburn 2012. I don't remember any of his stuff though.
Darkside Momo - 23.07.2014 at 23:14
He's also done visuals for the latest Vulture Industries
Mr. Doctor - 23.07.2014 at 23:17
Written by Deadsoulman on 23.07.2014 at 23:13

Oh I see... I wonder who did the sci-fi looking booklet with the schedule and all. Because It can't be him since the booklet that year was butt ugly. xD
Vombatus - 24.07.2014 at 14:49
Sure they gonna bring awesome stuff ! Always wanted to do this fest, but dates aren't too good not to mention it sells out ridiculously fast.... I thought last year was a really mixed bag lineup and not to exciting (thanks to Mr.Akerfeldt) but now they got my attention.
Ozman - 24.07.2014 at 14:55
Written by Mr. Doctor on 23.07.2014 at 23:17

Written by Deadsoulman on 23.07.2014 at 23:13

The sci-fi looking booklet was done by Michel Langevin (Away) of VoiVod.
Michel caan do great stuff but that one was butt ugly indeed. It is either hit or miss with him, for me.
Mr. Doctor - 24.07.2014 at 15:03
Written by Vombatus on 24.07.2014 at 14:49

Mikael only ruined the friday date. The rest of the days where good if you ask me... But still less good than the previous 3 years I was there.
The first 2 years I went there (2011 and 2012) they sold out in minutes (15 and 7 respectively). The 2013 one took a couple of hours and this year it took more than a day. Who knows how it will turn out this year. Guess it had to do with the economy of some countries.
TheLostChord - 24.07.2014 at 19:05
Very cool

Albums Enslaved - In Times 4.5 15.12.2014 by Karlabos
News Enslaved - New Album Tracklist Revealed 4.5 21.07.2012 by Ag Fox
News Fields Of The Nephilim - Confirmed For Roadburn 2015 4 28.08.2014 by Apothecary
News Mikael Åkerfeldt - To Curate 2014 Roadburn Festival 4 27.08.2013 by Dentura
News Roadburn 2015 - Announce More Bands 4 18.09.2014 by Zaphod