Sweden's unique avantgarde metal act Diablo Swing Orchestra have posted a message via their Facebook regarding a sudden line up change with the departure of their long time main vocalist Annlouice Loegdlund and hints at new material. Annlouice Loegdlund leaves the band to pursue her opera career and will be replaced by Kristin Evegård. The band is already recording a new single with the new vocalist.

Here's the full statement from the band: "Aside from our wondrous experiences while writing, recording, rehearsing and touring during the last few years, one of our main concerns has been that AnnLouice's own opera career exceedingly has taken up more and more of her time. Hence, our long gaps between shows, and problems planning our operation as a band in general. Unfortunately, this fact has eventually led to AnnLouice leaving Diablo Swing Orchestra to pursue her own career to the fullest. As dear friends first, and a band second, we also separate as such. That being said, we're indeed glad for her success and wish her a thrilling venture like none other! Also Our mutual thankfulness for the last decade of unison musical creativity as the orchestra we've grown into, sure shines through our creations; and always did, through thick and thin. As you sense by now, here comes the conjunction 'but'.

"Of course the matter at hand has meant that we somehow had to find a proper solution to continue doing what we simply love so much creating and performing music as a group. 'Solution' is a poor word of choice really, as no words actually capture what we're trying to convey here, ten years in (!), but yes Conclusively we have now found a main vocalist replacement. A 'solution' that provides the band with an all new gusto, and which is taking Diablo Swing in prestine directions. Diablo Swing Orchestra finally materializes a new phase, featuring new mojo, delight and energy! Enter Kristin Evegård. And you won't have to wait long to hear her, as we're recording a new single as we speak, with a planned release in late October. Yes, we hear you say, 'less talk, more mojo', so without any further ado: presenting the new Diablo Swing Orchestra with Kristin Evegård."

Courtesy of the band's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Diablo Swing Orchestra

Posted: 17.08.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham

Comments

Creativinity - 17.08.2014 at 12:02
But... Annlouice is one of the rarest voices in metal. Most metal singers want to be opera singers. She's IS an opera singer, who happens to sing metal. I will definitely miss her parting with the best band I've ever heard in my lifetime.
Doc Godin - 17.08.2014 at 12:06
For me their vocalist was the least appealing part of the band. I just looked up Kristin Evegård on youtube. She seems alright, nothing striking for me, but maybe having DSO behind her voice will change that.
Zaphod - 17.08.2014 at 13:17
Well, she's certainly better looking. Let's see how she does behind the mic before making my judgement though.
Doge of Venice - 17.08.2014 at 14:37
Written by Creativinity on 17.08.2014 at 12:02

It's not their fault that her opera career was burgeoning. Clearly she felt that that was either more important or a greater source of income.
J. N. - 17.08.2014 at 14:40
Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 13:17
Well, she's certainly better looking.

How is this even slightly relevant to anything of this? Such a pile of shit comment.
Zaphod - 17.08.2014 at 14:50
Written by J. N. on 17.08.2014 at 14:40

Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 13:17
Well, she's certainly better looking.

I was just saying, jeez. We haven't heard her sing on any DSO songs so what else am I supposed to comment about? That I'm sad to see Annlouice Loegdlund go? I'm not. Maybe I will be if this new girl doesn't deliver, but I won't find out until October apparently.
Besides, if there's a picture posted I might as well comment on it.
Marcel Hubregtse - 17.08.2014 at 14:57
Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 13:17

Well, she's certainly better looking.

Extremely sexist comment and typical for your average male metaller to make.

Why is it only male metallers make such stupid sexist comments whereas females never make them when it concerns new vocalists or other band members?
J. N. - 17.08.2014 at 14:59
Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 14:50
Well, she's certainly better looking.

"Yeah, you're a great person and your singing is 110% fitting to the music. Shame about your face. We can't hire you for that. Sorry."
Zaphod - 17.08.2014 at 15:03
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2014 at 14:57

Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 13:17

Well, she's certainly better looking.

Extremely sexist comment and typical for your average male metaller to make.

Why is this such a big deal to all of you? I just think she's better looking.
You guys were all very on-topic when it came to Anneke Van Giersbergen.
Zaphod - 17.08.2014 at 15:03
Written by J. N. on 17.08.2014 at 14:59

Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 14:50
Well, she's certainly better looking.

I never said anything like that. I was just commenting on her looks, as I said before I haven't heard her sing, so I can't judge her singing yet. Chances are she'll never beat the previous singer, but there's no way to know yet.
Lethrokai - 17.08.2014 at 15:53
ITT: Needlessly turning a band related article into a flame war about sexism.
Seriously guys, Zaphod just made a light-hearted comment, and people are taking it WAY too seriously.

Either way, back on topic, I wish the new line-up of DSO all the best. They've been great performers for a long time, so I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing.

Here's also wishing Ann all the best as well.
PocketMetal - 17.08.2014 at 16:05
WHAT?!!! I loved her voice ... I wish her good luck with her career. Thank you for your awesome work in D:S:O.
Zaphod - 17.08.2014 at 16:13
Alright, if multiple people think I was being a sexist asshole, then maybe there's reason for that. I apologize if I made a stupid comment and offended people, I'll try to filter my thoughts next time I want to comment something.
Now please drop the whole thing.
My thoughts on this situation: I hope this new singer can deliver, since this band is pretty unique and Annlouice Loegdlund was definitely a big part of that. However, I think the band can also use something new so I'm optimistic. We'll have to wait until October to see the results.
Karlabos - 17.08.2014 at 18:10
Not sure what to feel about this. Could be for the worse, could be for the best...
If they said they decided it because her career was taking most of the time it means they're going to release and tour more frequently, however it could be that the lack of her vocals will influentiate more than I antecipate..

Better wait for the single, I guess
Troy Killjoy - 17.08.2014 at 18:48
Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 15:03
Why is this such a big deal to all of you?

I think it's a reactionary thing now since some of us are just tired of seeing the constant remarks about appearance only when it comes to female artists. Granted, you do see some of those comments directed at male artists but not in the same way - partially due to the fact the vast majority of active users here are male, but also because men tend to emphasize appearance in the opposite sex more. It makes you appear sexist when the only thing you can discuss about an entire news article is how attractive the new girl is.
Alex Fenger - 17.08.2014 at 19:44
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2014 at 14:57

Extremely sexist comment and typical for your average male metaller to make.

Thank you for saying exactly what I was thinking. It's just like the whole Angela Gossow/Alissa Gluz shenanigans. No one talked about skill as a vocalist, only which vocalist would make for better eye candy. I wish people wouldn't act so damn immature when regarding females in metal.
Unhealer - 17.08.2014 at 19:45
Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 16:13

Not multiple, just a few users. Don't loose your mind over that, they overreacted to a very harmless comment for who knows what reason.
Only thing a bit off about your comment is saying "better looking" instead of just "good looking" which might sound a little harsh against Ann-Louice, but why would she care with the talent she had I will miss her, I'm excited though because this means new territories for DSO to explore.
I'm worried about how the old songs will sound...
Hex_Omega - 17.08.2014 at 20:14
This band is ok but I always liked Unexpect more. I am waiting for their new album...
Zaphod - 17.08.2014 at 21:41
Written by Hex_Omega on 17.08.2014 at 20:14

Unexpect always sounded like Diablo Swing Orchestra gone absolutely nuts to me (not a bad thing, I like both)
athena - 17.08.2014 at 23:00
Who wants to hear her? At least I think this is her:

metaalerik - 18.08.2014 at 02:30
Oh man... I can't hold back anymore: Troy and Marcel, could you please shut up? No matter where I look, both of you are always such a pain in the ass with that I-know-better attitude. It was just a lighthearted remark.

Anyway, she does look cute. I hope her voice will fit with the band's sound. It'll help me get over the dissapointment of not seeing DSO live with Annlouice .
Troy Killjoy - 18.08.2014 at 02:37
Written by metaalerik on 18.08.2014 at 02:30

I-know-better attitude? If that's how you see it when someone tries to explain the reactions of others from more than one perspective, cool, but that wasn't my intention. That probably came across as "I-know-better" as well, which I assure you is still not my intention. As I said before, my only issue is that people seem to discuss the attractiveness of a female musician rather than her talent.
Zadion - 18.08.2014 at 04:08
Why do people throw around the term "sexist" so loosely these days? lol

I was concerned at first it was Daniel who'd left, as I much prefer his vocals, anyway. Not that this doesn't still suck, cause it does, but it would've sucked way more if it was Danny.

The new girl is most certainly attractive.
Diverge - 18.08.2014 at 05:40
Written by Hex_Omega on 17.08.2014 at 20:14

Again, these two bands are really not comparable at all. They are trying to accomplish totally different things.
Diverge - 18.08.2014 at 05:45
Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 16:13

Bravo, sir. I don't think it was necessarily a malicious kind of comment, but it's important that we interrupt the cycle if we see comments that are potentially damaging to women. Your response was superb and appreciated.

As for the new choice, the vocals of DSO aren't really the prominent feature of the group, imo, so I'm a little optimistic. Otherwise, I will also reserve judgment.
PocketMetal - 18.08.2014 at 08:23
She sounds almost exactly like Tori Amos, I don't know if she'll feel comfortable with some of the old songs. But this decision seems to have reinvigorated the band ... so maybe it's a good thing after all.
Zaphod - 18.08.2014 at 11:00
Written by metaalerik on 18.08.2014 at 02:30

Troy was pretty much the voice of reason here.
Zaphod - 18.08.2014 at 20:10
Written by Diverge on 18.08.2014 at 05:45

Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 16:13

You're officially my buddy now
Bad English - 18.08.2014 at 20:14
Written by J. N. on 17.08.2014 at 14:59

Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 14:50
Well, she's certainly better looking.

90% of ppl see face, titts, ass, don't care how she is singing and so on, just go and see singers body and face ....
WinterMadness - 19.08.2014 at 00:58
This really sucks...her voice was a HUGE part of their sound. I wish her the best for her career but she'll be impossible to replace. I wish she had waited to leave until she had recorded their new album...this timing really sucks for the band. I'm sure that the music composition can evolve to fit the new vocalist, but it's hard to be optimistic. You can't replace a voice like that...and if we get generic female metal vocals from her successor, DSO may just have gone from one of the most unique bands in metal to another dime-a-dozen female-fronted band, albeit with some bizarre influences. DSO worked because all of the strange elements united in a beautiful chaos; remove Annlouice's operatic voice and replace it with a generic female singer and you're just left a band like so many others relegated to the depths of Youtube...one more band that could be amazing if it weren't for that one missing piece. I know they won't fall that far because that have considerable laurels upon which to rest, but their sound will never be the same, and they're the last band I'd expect to put out a mediocre album and coast on their previous successes. But depending on how this new vocalist turns out, they might not have a choice.
Mr. Doctor - 20.08.2014 at 16:56
Awww... I really liked her style for DSO. But I don't think she's that essential to their sound so we'll see how it turns out in the end.
Sentient 7 - 27.08.2014 at 09:18
Quote:

I'd be commenting on what metal guys look like, but honestly, look at them. They aren't there for their looks - not to say that the ladies are, but often they make efforts to be something better than butt ugly.
Creativinity - 28.08.2014 at 07:47
Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 13:17

I wonder how we're going to be able to hear her better-looking face through the speakers.
Zaphod - 28.08.2014 at 10:57
Written by Creativinity on 28.08.2014 at 07:47

Written by Zaphod on 17.08.2014 at 13:17

I already apologized for this a long time ago, if you're still making a big deal out of this then I'm not the asshole here.
Et Ermit - 02.09.2014 at 06:49
I agree with Creativinity and Doc Godin , she definitely was a very important part of the band and of their distinctive style, but everyone has priorities... we don't know her side of the story... and if she needed to move on, who can blame her...

i listened to the new singer and well she has a singular voice but is not in the same way as Annlouice... i don't know how she is going to handle the old stuff

In other hand their latest albums, while weren't bad, were at least for me less interesting and not as great... maybe she will give them a diferent perspective

News Diablo Swing Orchestra - Part Ways With Drummer, Tour Replacement Announced 15 29.03.2012 by Unhealer
News Spiritual Beggars - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced & New Song Sample Online 10 07.06.2010 by Jan
News Halcyon Way - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced 10 11.09.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Dead By April - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced 10 19.03.2013 by ScottyM
News Darkseed - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced 10 05.01.2012 by Milena