Stratovarius guitarist Timo Tolkki has issued the following update:

"I have written 11 new songs and we are first going to demo them. This will be completed by the end of the year and we will enter the studio to record that actual album around February. Timo Kotipelto is releasing his third solo album around that time (and what I have heard, it sounds really great) as well and he has naturally promotional activities and I think he is also doing a tour during Spring. Stratovarius production will be ready sometime in the summer 2007 and depending on various different things, the album, entitled R...... R.......:), will be released in October 2007 or in the beginning of 2008 followed by a massive world tour. So all okay here, everybody´s happy, the songs are great and we are looking forward to the new adventures."

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Stratovarius

Posted: 28.10.2006 by Thryce

Comments

DLMokoma - 28.10.2006 at 21:29
Hopefully the songs ARE good. The last album kinda let me down.
Katatronik - 28.10.2006 at 21:33
I hope it too... I don't know how Stratovarius could make an album so horrible as the last one! Come on and find your own voice...
Arpeghyus - 28.10.2006 at 22:41
i hope they recover their old style like in elements part I & II
Promonex - 28.10.2006 at 22:50
I hope they recover their old style like in Dreamspace and Fourth Dimension [/wishful thinking]
ThunderAxe1989 - 29.10.2006 at 00:55
The last album WAS DOWNRIGHT HORRIBLE!!! And they're my favourite band! Really though, recover the 'Stratovarius Sound'!

@Promonex: lol dude only ONE of the Timos is an extraordinary Vocalist and it's not Tolkki!
insanity.peppers - 29.10.2006 at 01:02
Soo.... what's with the album name? Is Timo just being sneaky and releasing only the first 2 letters, or is really caled R.... R.....? I really hope they come to Australia in their next tour.
Kap'N Korrupt - 29.10.2006 at 03:55
They should get back to the sound that they had on the first album...I haven't heard their last album...
Promonex - 29.10.2006 at 10:47
@danzig: I don't really give a damn who's on vocals, I give a damn about the songwriting and its execution. And IMHO songwriting-wise none of their albums can compete with Dreamspace.
BestMetalstormer - 29.10.2006 at 15:18
Long time no listen to Stratovarious, this is good news for me. Hoping it will a be a good album as past stuff of them
Rimfrost - 29.10.2006 at 17:25
The last album was ok, better than everything else after Destiny. Hope that they turn back to their roots and make another Dreamspace (utopia).
GT - 30.10.2006 at 16:42
yeah back to the roots...or a completly surprising album like Angra
Zenzero - 30.10.2006 at 22:44
I hope the new album will be very very different from the last!!! I don't like STRATOVARIUS (the album)... I hope to listen again the sound of VISIONS!!
stabat - 05.11.2006 at 03:33
I'm happy to hear that this great band will release a new album,
at least they try for something after Tolkki's "slumping".

I cannot hope to hear something great, like sound from visions or before,
it will fine for me to hear something just good like infinite's sound,
because after this album I think band (and albums ;p) become
more and more bad. Actually I think that the band is quite saturated.

Anyway,let's hope for the best
Kanon - 20.11.2006 at 09:18
i hope the next album sound like Visions, Destiny or Elements pt1; Stratovarius(album) sux :S
Sunioj - 20.11.2006 at 16:32
Whenever I hear stratovarius, I think "Eagle heart" C'mon guys you can do better than that! I will look forward to hear the new album though.
Arcaliz666 - 02.02.2007 at 20:01
I hope the next album sound like Visions or Infinite, since the latetes album was horrible with the 'Maniac Dance' song.
Escapist - 07.02.2007 at 14:09
R..... R....? Real Return?

Rising Rainbow?

Royal Romance?

Aebsi - 10.07.2007 at 05:37
Well I hope they won't rush things like they did on the last album, at least everything feels that way on "Stratovarius". Now to wishing (and I mean wishing), I hope they go back to the sound of "Visions" and "Destiny" with the power of "Infinite" those albums are timeless masterpieces, everything seemed to click on those albums, from recording to production.

And what's with Timo Tolkki only giving us a small hint towards the name of the album?

R...... R.......? = Retarded Rats?

Running Rebellion?

Rescue Rangers?

Romantic Rain?
Baz Anderson - 29.07.2007 at 02:58
they are going to perform a new song called "Last Night On Earth" at Wacken..

News Stratovarius - Update On Upcoming Album And Single 7.5 21.10.2010 by Mountain King
News Autumn - Band Update, New Album In The Works 4 14.02.2014 by ManiacBlasphemer
News Gojira - New Album Update, To Enter Studio After Mastodon Tour 4 07.07.2014 by Ilham
News Pantheist - Band Update, New Album In The Works 4 14.10.2012 by Black Conundrum
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Update On New Album 4 30.12.2011 by Truemetaljope