Norway's Trail Of Tears have issued the following message on their official website:

"Everything has an end... Trail Of Tears - 1996-2006

It is with great regret that we announce that Jonathan, Kjell, Runar and Kjetil yesterday (November 28th, 2006) left Trail of Tears.

The decision was taken with immediate effect, and thus the band does not longer exist. Trail of Tears will therefore have to cancel all forthcoming shows, including the Xmas Metalfest tour dates in December, and we sincerely appologize for any inconvenience this might lead to.

We would like to thank everybody that has supported the band from the start 10 years ago, and of course especially our loyal fans all over the world.

There was no longer the neccessary desire and energy left in the band to continue. And everything has an end.

Yours sincerely, Jonathan Perez, Kjell Hagen, Runar Hansen, Kjetil Nordhus."

(Thanks Twilight for the remark in the Shoutbox)

Source: trailoftears.no
Band profile: Trail Of Tears

Posted: 29.11.2006 by Thryce

Comments

Bad English - 29.11.2006 at 21:51
Well I never wa sbig fan of band and I never say i dont like them, I like name and some somgs, some dont, but always its sad that so big band splitt up
Gothic Crow - 29.11.2006 at 22:20
Hi! I can't say that i'm a big fan the Norway's Trail of Tears, but from the musics that i know, is with a big sadness that i read this bad notice. Since today the Metal Universe is more poor!!! Best regards from Portugal: Gothic Crow
Amrott - 29.11.2006 at 23:01
this is really some sad news

i really like free fall into fear and all their previous albums, i'll admit i haven't listened to them in a while,, but i was getting back into them specially that i got my hands of a copy of the new album (which rocks btw)

but i guess "everything has an end" indeed

RIP Trail of Tears
Soliloquy - 30.11.2006 at 00:55
i wasnt a fan...but i LOVED their drums. and werent they comming out with a new album? what happend?

pitty, i wont get to fuck around with their drums
Daru Jericho - 30.11.2006 at 01:39
Sad At least they're releasing the new album.
dismaleuphony - 30.11.2006 at 03:08
Well, at least the members had the conviction to finish out the new album... I wonder where Ronny will end up? I had a feeling something would happen when Johnathan joined Sirenia - certainly 1 too many bands to play in. Thankfully the band finished out with a great release It'a somber mood however, that I'll buy the CD next year
Dark Cornatus - 30.11.2006 at 05:36
Wow, big news, i love this band.
Katatronik - 30.11.2006 at 14:42
Too bad, they will release "Existentia", at least...
I like this band, so I'm very sad for this, it's strange they left this way, suddenly...
Promonex - 30.11.2006 at 17:29
Damn, this year's X-Mass Festival is cursed! This must have been the tenth band or so to cancel the festival after Six Feet Under, Krisiun, Terrorizer, Keep of Kalessin, Soilwork, God Dethroned and whoever I might have forgotten. I'm just glad it's a band I didn't care for.

News Trail Of Tears - Guitarist Leaves The Band 6 31.07.2010 by corrupt
News Trail Of Tears - Reveal New Album Tracklist 6 02.12.2012 by Akemrir
News Trail Of Tears - Frontman: 'This Is Not The End!' 6 01.12.2006 by Katatronik
News Trail Of Tears - To Enter Studio In November 6 07.08.2008 by Katatronik
News Trail Of Tears - Forced To Cancel South American Dates 6 24.10.2012 by dismaleuphony

Hits total: 1978 | This month: 11