According to, Swedish folk metallers Vintersorg are scheduled to release their new album, "Solens Rötter" (artwork here), on April 27th in Europe and on May 22nd in North America via Napalm Records. The album title translates in English to The Origin Of The Sun.

The album was recently described as "Hymn-like passages, traditional Nordic soundscapes, cold Black Metal, and Swedish lyrics come together to forge this latest masterpiece."

Tracks to appear on the release include: 'Kosmosaik', 'Naturens Mystär', 'Vad Aftonvindens Andning Viskar', 'Spirar och Gror', 'Strålar'.

More details to follow.

Band profile: Vintersorg
Posted: 01.02.2007 by Thryce (brb)

Katatronik - 01.02.2007 at 21:58
Essential and weak artwork but... can't wait to hear something new about Vintersorg songs, I'm looking forward to the new album!
Promonex - 02.02.2007 at 02:03
Somehow I don't like what Mr Hedlund is doing as of late. The last two Vintersorg albums were a bit too experimental, and don't get me started on Cronian. I don't ask for a second Ödemarken's Son, but something more in the vein of Cosmic Genesis would be nice again.
The Alchemist - 02.02.2007 at 05:23
I think that this new album will be a good one, like Promonex, I hope this one will be like Cosmic Genesis
Hyvaarin - 02.02.2007 at 07:17
Pretty cool artwork. I'm very interested in hearing this.
GT - 02.02.2007 at 16:10
Nice with new stuff from Vintersorg...hope it's good
Daru Jericho - 03.02.2007 at 02:09
I hope they continue with this prog/folk thing they've been doing recently.
Et Ermit - 03.02.2007 at 05:39
Well it seems like they got back to the folky stage. The cover art seems simple too, but I would have to see the details better. But I'm always whiling to listen something new from Mr. V.

Extreme metal forum Blessed Daeth - active again and a new album will be released soon.... 6 07.12.2006 by Hellish Star
News Blodarv - New Album To Be Released This Year 5.5 01.03.2012 by
News Lychgate - New Track Released, New Album Announced 5.5 13.02.2015 by Zaphod
News Fleshgod Apocalypse - New Album Details And Cover Released 5.5 20.06.2013 by Opethian
News Whorecore - New Album Released In September, New Song Streaming 5.5 15.08.2013 by psykometal