Taken from their official site, Tilo Wolff and Anne Nurmi from German Gothic Metal band Lacrimosa announce:

"We can announce the release of our second live-album this year! Moreover, this year we will also release the long awaited Lacrimosa-movie, that follows us during one and a half years touring through Europe, South America and Asia, and the camera was still rolling after we left the stages... quite some interesting material was shot there! Now the cutting is in process and in a few month this major project will finally come to an end!"

Source: lacrimosa.com
Band profile: Lacrimosa

Posted: 01.02.2007 by The Alchemist

Comments

Bitch Boy - 01.02.2007 at 20:29
The movie will be worth getting.
Katatronik - 01.02.2007 at 22:02
A new live is interesting but... the movie... I'd want to know more about it. Who knows something more about the movie? The movie-preview in Musikkurzfilme isn't clear... Is it a backstage-footage-movie?
Nasi2 - 02.02.2007 at 00:47
I'm not interested in either both releases.
I've read somewhere that Lacrimosa is running out of ideas, and therefore is trying to entertain the fans with releases that are nothing more than a curiosity.
I wish there would be another terrific album in 2007, but after hearing this news I'm afraid it won't be so. Let's expect something great in 2008...
Linak - 02.02.2007 at 02:23
Pff, when I read 'movie' I thought Lacrimosa going Cradle of Fear and went u_u' but well, sounds like any other tour footage video, I'm not interested at all hah
Daru Jericho - 03.02.2007 at 22:55
Movie? How odd when it's just random footage.
gid - 06.02.2007 at 16:00
Nasi2: do you believe everything you read? The talk of a live DVD has been going on for a few years now, and they were recording both times I've seen them within the past two years. These aren't just things to throw to fans to keep them happy.

I really don't think there's any danger of Tilo running out of ideas. A decent album takes time to craft, and I'm sure you'd rather have a good album than a poor one.
Nasi2 - 09.02.2007 at 14:40
Written by gid on 06.02.2007 at 16:00

I really don't think there's any danger of Tilo running out of ideas.

Let's hope so! While I like each and every album of the band (with the unique exception of "Inferno"), I think that their newer releases were some kind of repetitive in their own way. The differences between "Angst", "Satura" and "Stille" are really obvious, but since "Elodia" they have been recording beautiful, melancholic, emotional, but somewhat predictable albums. That's why I wrote that message last week.

Quote:

I do, I do. Let's hope that this little "break" will bring us lots of joy, fun and beautiful music.

News Esoteric - Line Up Changes, Album Update And New Live Dates 8.5 17.04.2007 by Katatronik
News Deinonychus - New Album Update And Sample 7 31.07.2007 by Katatronik
News Detonation - UK Tour Announced And New Album Update 7 23.10.2008 by LeChron James
News Acid Witch - Update On New EP And Album 7 13.08.2010 by Marcel Hubregtse