Sonata Arctica have posted their video for the song 'Paid In Full' at YouTube.
The track comes off the group's new album "Unia" (Finnish for "Dreams"), due in North America on May 22 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Sonata Arctica

Posted: 28.04.2007 by Thryce

Comments

amonamarthavenge - 28.04.2007 at 17:46
wow. this song is and video are just too good. it really just shows how beautiful Tony Kakko's voice is.
Jonathan Tweet - 28.04.2007 at 18:47
filming at golden hour looks pretty awesome, but the video does that faux film style with the perforations popping out and the jitter. And there is too much headroom in almost every shot. I read on their site about the explosions and I was hoping it'd be cooler than that. At least the song is good.
tulkas - 28.04.2007 at 21:08
I actually liked the video a lot. the song is really good, and I just can't wait for Unia to come out!!
Katatronik - 28.04.2007 at 21:23
Good song and video too...
I'm looking forward to the new album!
Daru Jericho - 29.04.2007 at 01:59
I really wasn't impressed by the video. They cut out Jani's solo
Hyvaarin - 29.04.2007 at 06:10
The way Tony's always so far away is really annoying. And a metal video that cuts out the guitar solo is not a metal video.
tulkas - 29.04.2007 at 07:42
sometimes they cut parts from the videos, I never understood why, but oh well... we'll still have the album sometime soon
Ernotar - 29.04.2007 at 11:59
I personally like videos with some story, so this one was just an ordinary playing video. The scenery was nice of course, but maybe people who have never walked on ice or seen much snow find it even nicer. I like the song, though I always tend to remember that Tony originally made it for one Idols-contestant and then decided it's too good not to be used on a Sonata Arctica album.
White Winter Sun - 29.04.2007 at 13:26
Good song and video.
Unia will be a good album by seeing this
Infurnace - 29.04.2007 at 15:39
"Paid In Full" is a great song. I liked the video too, though. Really looking forward to "Unia".
Spyroid - 29.04.2007 at 16:39
Mediocre. Boring. Lack of realmcatchyness. To slow. I find nothing in Sonata nowadays. I suppose the song better with the guitar solo but hey, Sonata for me is solos all the time! Not only some short, slow, melodic, mandatory stuff in the mindle! Ultra speed solos for 2 minutes is what I'm talking about! Guess I will like this album even less than I liked Reckoning Night
I've heard Tony took pronounciation lessons for this album, I can't notice that at all...
Dhrenor - 29.04.2007 at 20:56
I was a little afraid of how the new sound would be, if it still would feel like Sonata Arctica. But after hearing this I'm really satisfied. The song is great and Tony's voice as perfect as always. Can't wait for "Unia" to come out! All to many days to kill...
Galar - 30.04.2007 at 01:07
wow. to be honost I really dont like this song or video. I like Sonata Arctica, but it's such a BORING song.
Fhuesc - 30.04.2007 at 03:30
This is an average video, i agree with Ernotar the videos should have a story. The song is one of the best in their new album, and i dont like it, so dont expect anything good from the new album.
Eight - 30.04.2007 at 09:06
Nothing to be impressed with this video or song, i was waiting for something much more than this, tho hope other songs will be better.
The Voice - 30.04.2007 at 22:15
Cradka (for his wisdom and moderation), Wintersun (that's a nick) & Jericho (we want Janiiii) ...I agree with you and sadly, with Fhuesc too. And I am a huge Sonata Fan, since the masterpiece, Ecliptica. As helloween, angra, blind guardian, stratovarius and so on...the best is in the past: another power metal band going down
Bararey - 01.05.2007 at 15:41
I was not impressed by the video at all, and the song did not stand out either, too bad.
Shadar Logoth - 01.05.2007 at 23:51
video looked kind of cheap compared to the likes of wollf and raven the song is alright though. Unia was kind of a disapointment but it's not bad i guess just.....slow theirs no up beat fast paced songs through the whole album i guess it just didnt really fill my need for a sonata album.
Richard Numbah - 02.05.2007 at 02:59
Just to let everybody know, there is no guitar solo in the song, the music video cut out the first verse and went straight to the second verse, that is the only change.

And the album IS amazing. If you actually listen to the album and give it a chance instead of listening to it, thinking it doesn't sound like anything they have written before and immediately not liking it because it is different, then you will appreciate everything they have done on the album. This album is absolutely beautiful, not in an Ecliptica or Silence way, but it a new, completely different way. NO, it doesn't sound like any of their other albums and I find that to be refreshing. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like it when bands put out the same album over and over, it gets stale.
Cah - 02.05.2007 at 06:56
I liked this song very much and hope the rest of the CD Unia has the same meaning
tulkas - 02.05.2007 at 07:08
Written by Richard Numbah on 02.05.2007 at 02:59

I agree with you, it's bad when a band's releases sound all the same. In the past, this change was good for Sonata, I mean, Reckoning Night showed some change in their style, and IMO it was very good, and I liked it a lot. Hopefully Unia is as good as you say! Can't wait to listen to it
GT - 02.05.2007 at 11:04
A good song but the video is boring
The Shape 1973 - 06.05.2007 at 17:31
Tony Kakko has one of the best voices in metal and is the most talented song writer with lyrics i can relate to,but i miss the faster stuff.Full moon for ever!!!!!!!!
Marruu† - 06.06.2007 at 11:51
I hate that song, but the rest of the album is good

News Sonata Arctica - New Video Online 10.5 23.04.2012 by DeepBlueSea
News Sonata Arctica - New Video Online 10.5 12.04.2014 by Hallford9000
News Sonata Arctica - New Video Online 10.5 28.08.2009 by The Shape 1973
News Sonata Arctica - Share New Video For Genesis Cover 9 19.11.2014 by foschino
News Sonata Arctica - Release New Video 9 13.02.2014 by Gopherhawk