The following message was posted on Helloween's official website:

"As already rumoured during the last couple of weeks, it is now confirmed that Gamma Ray will team up with Helloween on their upcoming European tour! The tour will kick off mid of November this year, and the line up will be completed by 1-2 additional acts.

Apart from very few festival appearances, this will be the first time ever both bands touring together and bears the possibility of Kai Hansen -Gamma Ray leader and ex- Helloween member- entering the stage to jam one or the other classic Helloween-song with his former band mates!

"This is going to be a historical event for all Helloween fans, we are looking forward to have Kai and his band on our tour with us" states Helloween guitarist Michael Weikath.

It is also planned -but not confirmed- to expand this promising package to the territories of South East Asia, North and South America".

Source: helloween.org
Band profile: Helloween

Posted: 15.06.2007 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Baz Anderson - 15.06.2007 at 18:13
AMAZING news!!!!
all I can say is they had better come to England!!!!
if they don't.. I may end up finding myself in a foreign country.. hahahaha

first time these two bands have EVER toured together
WorpeX - 15.06.2007 at 18:45
omg!! Expand it to north america please!

This will be so fucking sweet.
White Winter Sun - 15.06.2007 at 19:00
Written by WorpeX on 15.06.2007 at 18:45

omg!! Expand it to north america please!

This will be so fucking sweet.

no no no

More seriously, it will be a dream coming true for all the fans around the world. I hope for you that it will be happen.
iaberis - 15.06.2007 at 19:18
Amazing news!!! I hope they'll come here too!!! Wohooo!
News of the year!
Spyroid - 15.06.2007 at 20:31
Insane.
And the opening acts will be Iron Savior and Stormwarrior I guess, haha My life is complete.
Baz Anderson - 15.06.2007 at 20:44
haha yeh! Stormwarrior doesn't really have much to do with them - so Iron Savior and Primal Fear or Masterplan or someone.. hahaha - that would be the best tour ever!
Spyroid - 15.06.2007 at 20:48
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.06.2007 at 20:44

Well, Kai Hansen has guested Stormwarrior a couple of times and he's also joining their gig at WOA and I believe their fame is just big enough.
I also came to think about Primal Fear and Masterplan later, that would be awesome! o_O
Baz Anderson - 15.06.2007 at 20:51
yeh, but it isnt like there are any full-time Helloween/Gamma Ray members there.

the set at Wacken will be painful for me because I probably wont see it - as the last time I looked, Immortal were playing at the same time
I will see Immortal at Hellfest anyway but I would prefer to see them again over Stormwarrior even if Kai Hansen will be there. haha
selken - 15.06.2007 at 21:05
Thats great.
The last time I saw this was in my dreams, and my alarm woke me up. They MUST come to south america.

Where is Michael Kiske?
Spyroid - 15.06.2007 at 21:53
Written by selken on 15.06.2007 at 21:05

Thats great.

Where is Michael Kiske?

What if they get that new Kiske-Grapow-Hansen project as a support? Or just Kiske?
Bararey - 16.06.2007 at 00:36
I can't wait for the tour dates to be announced!! I hope I can work my work schedule and see one of those gig
Opium - 16.06.2007 at 02:22
This would be a wet dream for Judas

I'm not a fan of Gamma Ray though.
ThunderAxe1989 - 16.06.2007 at 02:23
wow, that's awkward lol. But hey was Walls Of Jericho not their greatest? Get 'em Kai!
RhaegarTargaryen - 16.06.2007 at 02:43
One of the best things that happened to metal in recent years. Im delighted !
APOHAKC - 16.06.2007 at 04:34
What a news, I am definetely going to Budapest/Hungary to see them this year, this is something no one should miss
Pestilence - 16.06.2007 at 05:56
fuck ya! Now if they come to canada, then I might have a chance to see them.
Bitch Boy - 16.06.2007 at 06:17
If only they would come here to North America
selken - 16.06.2007 at 07:16
Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 16.06.2007 at 02:23

if they play a Walls of Jericho track, I would have a heart-attack
metalwarrior1 - 16.06.2007 at 08:46
THATS A KICKS ASS NEWS!!! PLEASE COME TO US GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYSSSSS!!!!
Judas - 16.06.2007 at 11:11
Written by selken on 15.06.2007 at 21:05

Thats great.

Where is Michael Kiske?

He's decided that it's alright for him to starve this year. Remember, he only comes back to leech off Metal (the genre which he turned his back on and ridiculed) when he thinks that his bank account is getting seriously low. He tops it up by crawling back to Metal for a few guest appearances then goes back into his Pop-Rock world of failure. Although, I'm being way too harsh on him I suppose, because he did give us some of the best music ever created during his time with Helloween.
Written by Guest on 16.06.2007 at 02:22

This would be a wet dream for Judas

I'm not a fan of Gamma Ray though.

You are quite right, I had the best orgasm of my life reading this. I really don't know what to say. I keep typing stuff, then deleting it, because words are not enough to capture how I feel about this news. Helloween and Gamma Ray... Holy fucking shit bahinchhot hell merde gay putain kameena bitch (+ every other expletive in all languages of the world). As of now, I hate each and every person who is going to see them on this tour. If they don't come to Australia, that is... Because that will really happen...

See, I'm typing rubbish. My brain is exploding. Helloween and Gamma Ray...

Baz, if you see them in concert, mind taking some photos to put on my grave?

*goes to hang himself*

*stops hanging himself to listen to Helloween and Gamma Ray and to yell at his parents for moving from India to Australia instead of to Europe*

*stops yelling and goes to find a second job, and prays that they come to Australia*
Kincaid - 16.06.2007 at 15:17
All I can say is, OMFG!!!
Baz Anderson - 16.06.2007 at 15:37
Written by Judas on 16.06.2007 at 11:11

Baz, if you see them in concert, mind taking some photos to put on my grave?

hahahaha I am much the same as you really - Helloween and Gamma Ray have been two of my all time favourites for such a long time now - seeing these two on tour together would be the best show ever!!

I just worry because "European tour" sometimes means "All of Europe apart from England tour"
if I get to see this I guess I will take a bunch of photos.. haha
Mother_North - 16.06.2007 at 22:29
I DEMAND YOU TO COME TO PORTUGAL (PORTO EXACTLY)!!!!!!! damn great bands
Vicsor - 17.06.2007 at 10:23
Umm lets wait till Kai says something ... but if they do play Walls of Jericho or even The keeper ..FK that would be AWESOME !!! ... amazing that this is possible cause only Weikah is at Helloween now .... evbody else is out lol
Icewings - 17.06.2007 at 19:37
Sweetttt only I wish I was in Europe
Spyroid - 18.06.2007 at 17:40
Written by Guest on 17.06.2007 at 10:23

Grosskopf?
Vicsor - 18.06.2007 at 18:57
True i forgot him, maybe hes the reason lol
ShadowedFire88 - 18.06.2007 at 22:13
I really hope they come to canada this year.... It would be a really sick show...
Arcaliz666 - 27.06.2007 at 02:01
Oh great ¡¡
The two elits of the Germain Power Metal togheter...
Will Be Brutaaaaaaaaaaallllllll ¡¡¡¡

News Shadowside - Supporting Helloween And Gamma Ray On European Tour 8.5 31.12.2012 by Milena
News Gamma Ray - To The Metal European Tour 7.5 21.11.2009 by Baz Anderson
Events GRE, Athens - Gamma Ray: To The Metal European Tour 6 07.12.2009 by iaberis
Events GRE, Athens - Helloween & Gamma Ray: Hellish Rock Tour 2007/2008 6 11.07.2007 by iaberis
Events PER, Lima - Helloween + Gamma Ray: S. American Tour 6 04.03.2008 by Vitokogvy