Stryper guitarist Oz Fox (Bloodgood) has revealed that the US Christian Heavy Metal band are currently recording their new album "on the east coast." The as-yet-untitled new album is the follow-up to the band's 2005 comeback album, Reborn, and is expected out later this year.

Stryper have announced five shows for Spain, due to take place in November. Their schedule is as follows:

November
7 - Santiago de Compostela - Capitol
9 - Palencia - Fronton Municipal Eras de Santa Marina
10 - Madrid - Joy Eslava
12 - Bilbao - Santana 27
13 - Barcelona - Apolo

For ticket information go to this location.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Stryper

Posted: 16.08.2007 by Thryce

Comments

Vermin - 16.08.2007 at 22:48
Just disband already.....
Hyvaarin - 17.08.2007 at 04:13
Oh hell yeah!
LeChron James - 17.08.2007 at 09:44
agreed with vermin. go away. christian metal doesnt work.
Ilham Cotterell - 18.08.2007 at 03:24
Why should it be disbanded? Because they're christian? Just let people do what they want to do. I am against religions, and I don't even know this band, but I am sure they're far better than a bunch of stupid anti-christian Black Metal or Death Metal bands. Christian doesnt mean BAD.

And, Joel, keep loving them just like I love you. My dear hubby. ( )
Marcel Hubregtse - 18.08.2007 at 03:32
Written by LeChron James on 17.08.2007 at 09:44

agreed with vermin. go away. christian metal doesnt work.

why wouldn't it work? Black Sabbath is also almost christian metal just dig into their lyrics.
Dane Train - 19.08.2007 at 00:10
I am excited to hear this new album. Reborn was very impressive and if they follow in that vein, this should be good.
LeChron James - 19.08.2007 at 02:13
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.08.2007 at 03:32

Written by LeChron James on 17.08.2007 at 09:44

agreed with vermin. go away. christian metal doesnt work.

no i know that black sabbath is almost christian, and thats cool and everything. but never did black sabbath release an album called "to hell with the devil" and had it go gold.
necrovamp - 19.08.2007 at 22:22
Written by Guest on 18.08.2007 at 03:24

And, Joel, keep loving them just like I love you. My dear hubby. ( )

Dude i agree just because their christian shouldnt mean they should disband, or does that mean all satanist bands should disband cus their satanists?, and why doesnt christian metal not work? pagan metal works fine and i dont think you can much more brutal than the angel of death or the apocolypse etc. oh and by the way if u think to start insulting me about the fact im christian? im actully a wicca.
LeChron James - 20.08.2007 at 10:28
cause wicca is a real religion. but hey, i dont like christian metal, so naturally im going to be biased. so i dont mean to offend anyone when i say that i dont like being preached at when i listen to music
Marcel Hubregtse - 20.08.2007 at 14:52
Written by LeChron James on 20.08.2007 at 10:28

i dont like being preached at when i listen to music

that's strange coming from you since you listen to Sacred Reich and they do preach in their lyrics, okay not about religion but about politics and environment, that is also preaching and can be just annoying IMO (do't get me wrong though, I LOVE Sacred Reich)
I don't mind preaching about anything whatsoever in the MUSIC I listen to. To me it all about the music and nothing about the lyrics. Hell, if I were to judge bands on the content of the lyrics I should do away with 95% of the bands. My god how can someone actually think lyrics about dragons are any good at all.
Hyvaarin - 21.08.2007 at 13:32
Written by necrovamp on 19.08.2007 at 22:22

Written by Guest on 18.08.2007 at 03:24

And, Joel, keep loving them just like I love you. My dear hubby. ( )

The reason some people argue that Christian metal doesn't work is because Christianity is fundamentally about surrendering yourself to Christ. Metal, on the other hand, is completely about not surrendering yourself to the demands of others.

Ilham : :wub: haha.
necrovamp - 21.08.2007 at 20:52
Written by Hyvaarin on 21.08.2007 at 13:32

Written by necrovamp on 19.08.2007 at 22:22

Written by Guest on 18.08.2007 at 03:24

And, Joel, keep loving them just like I love you. My dear hubby. ( )

Ilham : :wub: haha.

ahh i do see what u mean, but then pagan metal shuldnt work really, cus they worship gods but then christianity is so restrictive compared to paganism. although i do see yor point.
DrunkenFuck - 23.08.2007 at 11:42
My father has a LP with them, think it was called Soldiers Under God's Command or something. It was kind of sickening to listen to those lyrics, but the music itself was pretty okay.
Dane Train - 23.08.2007 at 23:00
Written by LeChron James on 20.08.2007 at 10:28

Accept for one thing, Stryper doesn't preach. Did you even listen to the Reborn album? I can't think of any preaching on there. The songs were about Jesus Christ, but it was their own personal connection. Like the song "Passion" is all about how they want to serve Jesus. I don't know why people think that if a Christian plays metal they are 'preaching' to people. Just listen to Living Sacrifice, Demon Hunter, Dream Theater, Extol, etc, don't hear any preaching there.
LeChron James - 26.08.2007 at 12:25
i dont like christian metal. thats just the way i feel. whether or not anyone else thinks that they preach or not in their lyrics doesnt matter. i just dont like music about jesus. thats just my opinion.
pietje - 28.02.2008 at 12:08
Quote:

Accept for one thing, Stryper doesn't preach.

I can see you've never been on a stryper concert. Well, neither am I, but have you never seen those video's on youtube or so where they where throwing bibles in the audience? Many early chrsitian metalbands where preaching and all so, but there are only view bands that come close to stryper. I hope they are still preaching, and that they don't think it is oldfashioned or so. I love preaching bands like mort and so really much, at least when they are making good music.

News Stryper - Recording New Album 7.5 07.05.2013 by Dane Train
News Aborted - Working On New Album 5.5 04.10.2007 by White Winter Sun
News Ahab - Working On New Album, Re-Sign To Napalm Records 5.5 23.08.2014 by Draugen
News God Dethroned - Working On New Album; New Guitarist 5.5 06.07.2010 by I_Die_Often
News Macbeth - Working On New Album 5.5 30.11.2006 by annodomini