"Murder Music: A History of Black Metal", an in-depth documentary about the history of black metal, the most controversial and misunderstood arm of heavy metal's complex genealogy, will be free to view for the first time since its release on Rockworld.TV from Friday, October 5.
(To watch it, click here: http://www.rockworld.tv/MurderMusicPlayer)

"Murder Music: A History of Black Metal" is a 64-minute documentary eschews much of the tabloid sensationalism that shrouded the genre in the early to mid-'90s, focussing instead on the music itself an element thus far overlooked by the mainstream media.

Written by well-established rock journalist and radio DJ Malcom Dome and directed by David Kenny, "Murder Music" is presented and narrated by Rockworld.TV's own Rene Ackermann, boasting over 20 exclusive interviews with band members, journalists, authors and other scene affiliates and experts. The production team travelled all across the U.K. and to black metal's spiritual home of Norway to research their subject and to conduct interviews.

Among the bands featured in "Murder Music" are the legendary, trailblazing likes of Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle Of Filth, Satyricon, Venom and Sabbat each of whom provide revelatory insights into the complex, creative and fascinating world behind the hearsay.

The documentary debuted online at www.rockworld.tv on April 13, 2007.

To watch the "Murder Music: A History of Black Metal" trailer, click here.

Source: metalhammer.co.uk

Posted: 03.10.2007 by Thryce

Comments

NoRb3 - 03.10.2007 at 18:29
Black Metal History and Cradle Of Filth hehe
Bad English - 03.10.2007 at 18:41
Damn I will wtach it in TV hope it be in nornal time not UK time
Malcome Doom was worked in Total Rock like DJ and it was good radio shows in sat radio hehe 'Midnight Dinamite''
Carrion - 03.10.2007 at 19:25
Gotta watch this on friday
ArcesseEum - 03.10.2007 at 19:33
Yet another documentary focusing on church burnings and murders most likely... When are they actually going to make a documentary that focuses on BM philosophy and music... I know it says in there that they focus on the music, but seeing the list of bands they interview... i have alot of doubts
Varegan - 03.10.2007 at 19:53
I call it "black metal history for idiots"
BloodTears - 03.10.2007 at 20:18
Well, I don't know much about black metal so maybe I should watch this. So it'll be free to view everyday?
Fane - 03.10.2007 at 22:06
Sounds rather.. odd O__o' BM history + Cradle of filth = wtf? Oh well.. Never understood that band's meaning in the world so maybe I should watch this..
LeChron James - 03.10.2007 at 23:20
Written by Fane on 03.10.2007 at 22:06

agreed. cradle of filth is NOT music, much less black metal.
Mystic Ice - 04.10.2007 at 01:33
Well okay some of you are really down on CoF and I agree they aren't really black but it doesn't focus on Dani or the band at all. It's just a short interview. I have paid for and watched this thing 3 times. It was only about a dollar when you had to pay for it.

Honestly this is one of the best docs I have seen. It does go through the crash course of BM history a bit but it is very well done. It has the first interviews I have ever seen with several people (Attila Csihar) for one, but most importantly this doc is POSITIVE. It's not just another "blahlblah lock up your family black metal bad" rant.

And for you horny men out there the host is a pretty girl who you'll all probably think is hot - and she actually seems to be enjoying what she does and BM in general, and isn't a stupid bimbo.

It's free and probably the best of it's kind, watch it.
Varegan - 04.10.2007 at 01:42
Written by Guest on 04.10.2007 at 01:33

I checked that and I change my opinion!! Ill watch it
Mystic Ice - 04.10.2007 at 05:58
Written by Varegan on 04.10.2007 at 01:42

Written by Guest on 04.10.2007 at 01:33

I checked that and I change my opinion!! Ill watch it

It may not be 100% perfect but it is certainly the best of it's kind. I feel like we are at least getting an objective view of the subject for once. And it also gets its facts right. If there is one thing that irritates me, it is correcting a poorly researched BM doc as I watch along. Let me know what you think of it. \m/
iaberis - 04.10.2007 at 13:08
OK, I want to see this.
But I don't understand how...
Can anyone inform me?
Thryce - 04.10.2007 at 18:47
Written by iaberis on 04.10.2007 at 13:08

OK, I want to see this.
But I don't understand how...
Can anyone inform me?

Go the link I gave you in the report: http://www.rockworld.tv.
There you'll see a square banner: "Murder Music: full-length black metal doc to air online. -- Murder Music: A history Of Black Metal. Free to view Murder Music from Friday 5th October at 12pm!" Click on it (or simply go to http://www.rockworld.tv/MurderMusicPlayer). Then wait till Friday.
iaberis - 04.10.2007 at 19:32
Written by Thryce on 04.10.2007 at 18:47

Written by iaberis on 04.10.2007 at 13:08

OK, I want to see this.
But I don't understand how...
Can anyone inform me?

Go the link I gave you in the report: http://www.rockworld.tv.

Ok , thanks. I hope it will be available the other day too, since 12 uk hour will be really late for me...
Varegan - 04.10.2007 at 22:20
Written by Guest on 04.10.2007 at 05:58

Written by Varegan on 04.10.2007 at 01:42

Written by Guest on 04.10.2007 at 01:33

I checked that and I change my opinion!! Ill watch it

hey!!! theres something wrong!!! but i don't know what exactly
Carrion - 05.10.2007 at 16:42
It was quite good. I was positively surprised of the Frosthardr interview, I like them
Veneror - 09.10.2007 at 05:04
Written by Guest on 05.10.2007 at 16:42

Yeah man, Frosthardr's got some good songs. I'm buddies with those guys so it was cool and surprising to me too that they were featured on it
Slayer666 - 29.01.2010 at 17:25
Hahaha, Cradle and Sabbat in a black metal documentary.... oh, man, this is just rich.
AiwiAstwihad - 29.01.2010 at 17:48
Written by Slayer666 on 29.01.2010 at 17:25

Damn! You wicked evil!
You updated a topic belonging to 2007 with this title: "Black Metal Documentary - Online For Free This Friday".
I'm disappointed now!
Slayer666 - 30.01.2010 at 15:52
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 29.01.2010 at 17:48

Written by Slayer666 on 29.01.2010 at 17:25

Damn! You wicked evil!
I'm disappointed now!

Ouch, sorry.... There has to be somewhere you can watch it online.
AiwiAstwihad - 30.01.2010 at 19:28
Written by Slayer666 on 30.01.2010 at 15:52

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 29.01.2010 at 17:48

Written by Slayer666 on 29.01.2010 at 17:25

Damn! You wicked evil!
I'm disappointed now!

Ouch, sorry.... There has to be somewhere you can watch it online.

Yep, hopefully. I was kiddin.

News Out Of The Black - Black Metal Documentary Online 7.5 27.12.2013 by M C Vice
News Cormorant - New Song Online, First Releases Now Available For Free Download 6 24.09.2011 by Tornado Of Souls
News Circles - New Video Online, Track Available For Free Download 5.5 07.12.2012 by BloodTears
News Insomnium - 'One For Sorrow' Studio Documentary Online 5.5 31.08.2013 by Ace Frawley
Lists Death Wore Black: This Divulger's Favorite Death Metal From Deep Down Below 4.5 28.09.2014 by MechanisT