Today the Gothenburg band posted following message:

"We can now officially announce the title of the new In Flames album. The album is called "A Sense Of Purpose".
The mastering is done. The album is complete and ready to be released in April.

"We are extremely happy with the end result and so proud of what we have achieved with the new album and can't wait for you all to hear it." - In Flames

Source: inflames.com
Band profile: In Flames

Posted: 07.01.2008 by WinterChild

Comments

Sheol - 07.01.2008 at 17:54
Great to see an update from these guys!
_-Blackbird-_ - 07.01.2008 at 18:02
Yeah! I hope this is gonna be good album
Visioneerie - 07.01.2008 at 18:08
If In Flames could go back to their old sound, much more respect would be granted to them. Honestly, their 3 latest albums just made me forget about them..
Infurnace - 07.01.2008 at 18:14
Hmm.. yeah, I really hope they will return to their old sound. The last few albums weren't really bad, but I didn't really like them either. An album like "The Jester Race" would be nice.
ZombieDeath - 07.01.2008 at 18:55
really it is a good news
=maD.Doc:. - 07.01.2008 at 19:55
Great news indeed! Nice title too! And to all of you wishing for them to return to their old sound, it ain't never gonna happen. They do new stuff all the time, it's a thing musicians do to not become bored. It's a very important thing to never do the same thing twice. In Flames still always will be In Flames. You need to broaden your view of metal, not always wanting everything the way it always was. Development ftw.
selken - 07.01.2008 at 20:18
Great news, but like Reconciler said, the past sound remains in the past, I liked a lot their last albums cause they were my first albums besides power and heavy.
can't wait till april.
b0000mst1ck - 07.01.2008 at 20:24
i don't know why, but that album title sounds emo...

either way, i'll probably still check this album out. i hate anders' clean vocals but i'm hoping they won't be as whiny this time around.
Katatronik - 07.01.2008 at 21:21
Can't really wait! Hope in another great album, old style or Reroute to Remain style...
BloodTears - 07.01.2008 at 21:51
I like the title but that doesnt mean ill like the music.
Sepulchre - 07.01.2008 at 21:57
I can't wait to hear how lame this will be compared to their old stuff...
RhaegarTargaryen - 07.01.2008 at 21:59
From the last 3 albums, I really like only one, there are some good songs, but thare are some medicore also. Whatever style this album is, I hope the quality of the songs will be much higher.
Fane - 07.01.2008 at 22:09
Oh gosh... Their music is becoming all the time worse. Will this prove it to be false? I dont think so~ Well we'll see it then.
Fane - 07.01.2008 at 22:09
mystic666 - 07.01.2008 at 22:54
I can"t wait to hear the new album!!They have never let me down.
Valaskjalf - 07.01.2008 at 23:50
seriously guys...do you really think In Flames will go to their own sound? Hell no...theyre too busy swimming in all their $$ and they know they might get more respect from older fans but I hardly think they think about that anymore. They just see cash in front of them and i doubt the record label will allow them to make anything that doesnt bring in the cash of the past 2 albums. (RTR is debatable, dont think they attracted as much $$ with that)
foschino - 08.01.2008 at 00:33
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 07.01.2008 at 19:55

In Flames do new stuff but each time more and more cheesy and poppy and fucking commercial to make a lot of money and to became fucking popular.
Georges Gholam - 08.01.2008 at 01:44
Can't wait for the new album either they never let down their fans
Mr.Wilson - 08.01.2008 at 03:39
i have checked their videos from the recordings...and i think it sounds really great and heavy..they also said that is back to the roots...anders even said there is not much singing in the record..but alot of screams..i think this one will be great...can't wait:)
BurbotsRevenge - 08.01.2008 at 04:07
this is gonna be good, looking forward to it
iaberis - 08.01.2008 at 05:08
can't wait for that
dancingdecember - 08.01.2008 at 05:23
hope the improvement with the last album continues with this one also.soundtrack was reaally bad.i can accept the old style or settle with the reroute sound.but not that soundtrack.hope it will be fun like all good in flames albums.i listen to them when i feel good and happy
Blood Work - 08.01.2008 at 07:50
Looking forward to the album.....
H-metal - 08.01.2008 at 11:08
Can't wait!
Piro - 08.01.2008 at 13:46
I'm not expecting much, because I didn't really like the last albums, but I will give it a listen, just to see whether or not I like iit.
Abattoir - 08.01.2008 at 17:34
No hope, it must be a good album, otherwise...hm, I don' know what to say
=maD.Doc:. - 08.01.2008 at 17:49
Written by foschino on 08.01.2008 at 00:33

Written by =maD.Doc:. on 07.01.2008 at 19:55

Oh, you really think that? Then think again. It's very hard to do metal music to make money, something I've said a lot of times. There are no money to get in this kind of stuff that In Flames do. And their popularity they've really worked hard for, and off course musicans want to become popular through their music, but that's not why they choose to change their style, it's a natural development from the musicians. Trust me, I'm in this buisness. There are no bands that are serious that wants to make music for only a few selected people, they want to give to all who wants to listen to it. So stop bashing bands because they get famous, it only shows that you are jealous at them, it proves nothing more.
=maD.Doc:. - 08.01.2008 at 17:52
Written by Valaskjalf on 07.01.2008 at 23:50

The guys in In Flames dosn't make a lot of money, they make money so they can live, that's all. To pay their bills, and food. They earn money just to make a living. They aren't Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden or Metallica that has a lot of money, and gets a lot of money still. In Flames goes their own way, they do the music they want. Even I would be bored to hear the same stuff over and over again, and also to make the same stuff over and over again...
Valaskjalf - 08.01.2008 at 19:39
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 08.01.2008 at 17:52

Written by Valaskjalf on 07.01.2008 at 23:50

No need to quote me dude Im not the one hoping for a "return" I dont even like them...
Warman - 08.01.2008 at 22:32
Cool title... but the music won't probably be that.
Desecrator - 10.01.2008 at 01:56
Written by Georges Gholam on 08.01.2008 at 01:44

Can't wait for the new album either they never let down their fans

Um..........what? I, amongst many others are what you have classified as a "fan", but I HAVE been deeply let down ever since the release of that piece of crap of an album called reroute to remain, and i am definately not the only one that thinks this.
TopGun - 10.01.2008 at 05:01
dont like new in flames booooo go back to ur old stuff
dont bother quoting im just saying what majority of people are thinking
album title is emo and i dont care about offending "real" in flames fans.... usually when bands go to new styles what happens is they lose their old fans and no1 else will accept them afterwards.. so they end up with less than in the 1st place

dont like this band no more.. prolly never will
Locke - 10.01.2008 at 11:54
I look forward to pirating this album and not supporting the artist.
b0000mst1ck - 10.01.2008 at 12:38
Written by Locke on 10.01.2008 at 11:54

I look forward to pirating this album and not supporting the artist.

the real question is what will be more fun: the pirating part, or the deleting part?
deadset61 - 11.01.2008 at 06:32
Written by b0000mst1ck on 10.01.2008 at 12:38

Written by Locke on 10.01.2008 at 11:54

I look forward to pirating this album and not supporting the artist.

Haha i honestly believe the deleting part will be the best
b0000mst1ck - 11.01.2008 at 06:55
Written by Guest on 11.01.2008 at 06:32

Written by b0000mst1ck on 10.01.2008 at 12:38

Written by Locke on 10.01.2008 at 11:54

I look forward to pirating this album and not supporting the artist.

Haha i honestly believe the deleting part will be the best

that's what i'm saying...lol.
Georges Gholam - 12.01.2008 at 15:44
y do say that? warman:banger2:
X-rock - 07.02.2008 at 04:57
some bands need to find a new style, if rock fan like their new styles, they win, if not, they lose..
just like other metal bands : metallica, dark tran...
Born-2rise - 05.03.2008 at 16:27
The title is attracting tho. i like the new gothenburg genre and i wouldn't mind if it was a follow up to ComeClarity

News W.A.S.P. - New Album Next Year, Announce Title 7 12.06.2014 by RaduP
News Megadeth - Announce New Album Title, Label And UK Tour 7 12.02.2013 by Alex Fenger
News The Agonist - New Album In November, Title Revealed 7 09.07.2014 by Opethian
News Ghost Brigade - Announce New Album Title And Release Date 7 20.08.2014 by INÆRIS
News Primordial - Announce New Album Title, Release Shows 7 18.04.2014 by LeChron James