Gojira have issued the following update on their MySpace page:

"Having completed more than 220 shows in order to promote the much acclaimed "From Mars To Sirius" album, Gojira are now about to finish up the writing of their much awaited new full length to be released in Autumn 2008. The band will lock themselves in the studio from April to June.
The new and yet untitled album will include all new original material and will be released by French label Monslip / Warner in France and Listenable Records and various licensors in other territories.

The band will immediatly embark on a series of major tours in Europe and throughout the U.S. right after the release. More infos soon."

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Gojira

Posted: 21.02.2008 by Thryce

Comments

Nacur - 21.02.2008 at 21:03
Great news! Getting prepared for more headbanging!
Clintagram - 21.02.2008 at 22:06
Very, very interesting. I'm wondering what directly their music is going to take, if any?
mankvill - 21.02.2008 at 22:15
I saw Gojira last year without hearing anything by them before, and they were very good! I'll look into this CD.
-DC-002- - 21.02.2008 at 22:41
nice, hope its as good as FMTS
Infurnace - 21.02.2008 at 23:05
Ah, this is some great news! I'm really looking forward to some new Gojira material.
MUSIC? - 21.02.2008 at 23:07
Talvi - 21.02.2008 at 23:22
YES!!! YES!!! It was about time! Gonna listen some Gojira now! m/
White Winter Sun - 22.02.2008 at 01:44
Release a better album than "From Mars To Sirius" will not be easy (excepted for those who do not really love the band...).
Rupert - 22.02.2008 at 01:57
New album by Meshuggah and now one from Gojira? I love this year.
Deadsoulman - 22.02.2008 at 13:53
Written by White Winter Sun on 22.02.2008 at 01:44

I thought likewise after Terra Incognita and The Link and they succeeded every time. So I'm pretty confident about the new one
White Winter Sun - 22.02.2008 at 15:07
Written by Deadsoulman on 22.02.2008 at 13:53

Yes, it's true.
But when you improve your sound more and more, when your albums approach the perfection, it's more and more difficult to do something better for each new realease. But I'm still confident too, they have the talent to make it.
Monkey666 - 22.02.2008 at 15:59
My favorite band !!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES !!!!!!!!!!!
HardSide - 22.02.2008 at 16:05
So I take it im the only person that thinks the band is overhyped? Maybe I'll give it another try with this album.
Katatronik - 22.02.2008 at 16:20
Can't wait for their new album, their last one was amazing IMO!
Looking forward...
matos - 17.06.2008 at 18:02
wow i did'n know that there are gojira fans on metalstorm, i got to know their music only six months ago and i think from mars to sirius became my fav. metal album.
regarding the new album; i think it will be something like Kalessin's Kolossus - not similar sounding, but you know kolossus is album that came out after the perfect album armada. what i'm saying here is: it's going to be a good/great album but will not be better that FMTS.
RockeRoy - 24.09.2008 at 15:57
I've downloaded the album yesterday the way of all flesh:) it's realy amaizing i will sleep outside the record store the day befor it comes out:) cool with randy blythe from lamb of god sings on one song!

News Death Angel - New Album Due Later This Year 8.5 25.02.2010 by Ag Fox
News Vader - New Album Due Later This Year 8.5 14.01.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Alcest - New Album Due Later This Year 8.5 05.08.2011 by
News Metallica - Start Working On New Album Later This Year 8.5 01.02.2011 by necrovamp
News Leviathan - New Album Due Later This Year 8.5 29.07.2011 by ItalktotheWind