Teräsbetoni won the Finnish Eurovision Pre-Selection Final with their song "Missä Miehet Ratsastaa" by getting almost 40% of all the given votes. Eurovision Song Contest was held in Finland 2007 because Lordi won the Contest on 2006. Last year the winner came from Serbia and therefore this year the Contest will be held in Serbia.

The Eurovision Song Contest 2008 is the 53rd edition of the Eurovision Song Contest, which will be hosted by Serbia. The semi-finals will be held on 20 and 22 May respectively and the final on 24 May 2008 in the capital, Belgrade.

Teräsbetoni (Finnish for "Steel-reinforced concrete") is a Finnish heavy metal band. Their first album "Metallitotuus" (Finnish for "Metal truth"), was published in 2005 and has so far sold more than 32,000 copies. Teräsbetoni has been strongly influenced by bands such as Manowar. So far they have done only one concert outside Finland, which was at Wacken Open Air 2005.

Watch a Eurovision Pre-Selection live video of "Missä Miehet Ratsastaa" by Teräsbetoni at YouTube.

Source: metalfromfinland.com
Band profile: Teräsbetoni

Posted: 03.03.2008 by Hobbit Viggo

Comments

Akke920 - 03.03.2008 at 19:43
The song sucks.. The title of the song is bad and the lyrics are bad.. and no one will understand what they are singing about.. We here in finland (Except me) are so stupid that we vote for a metal band to participate in the eurovision song contest... like.. first lordi.. that's metal.. then hanna pakarinen.. that's pop/rock.. and now teräsbetoni! CMON! we can't win anymore! lordi's win was a one timer!! omg... and for god's sake teräsbetoni.. DON'T HAVE PLAYBACK IN SERBIA WHEN YOU PLAY! well that's all i have to say btw.. good luck... and well we can at least try to win.. but that's just impossible..
Stigma - 03.03.2008 at 20:13
I don't mind for voting metal to victory thus taking a closer step to be mainstream, that I can take. But what I cannot take is that they vote for a lame Manowar copy, who actually had some good songs in their first album, but nowadays can't come up with anything interesting. Oh and they will most certainly have playback, except from vocals.
Spyroid - 03.03.2008 at 20:25
They actually had a gig planned for Sweden in 2006, I was going there but they cancelled. I found that sad at the time, because their first album was charming and pretty good. But this song is totally awful - I hope they win! xD
Dinko Metalac - 03.03.2008 at 20:27
Man, this is bad. Still Lordi was unique, they had very catchy song, but still very hard one. And it was a first time for some hard rock/metal band to actually appear on Eurovision, especially they had a good marketing.

I think its bad for metal band to participate ESC without a catchy song. The above one is definitely not catchy...
Talvi - 03.03.2008 at 20:27
WTF... if they are going to bring a metal band, don't bring one that is so bad. Nightwish could have won it easily with any song of theirs for sure.
Stigma - 03.03.2008 at 20:53
Written by Talvi on 03.03.2008 at 20:27

Did you know that they actually were some years ago in the Finlands Eurovision participant contest? Sadly the people wasn't ready for them back then..
Stalker - 03.03.2008 at 20:55
Never heard of this band, to be honest, and the song doesnt seem anything special... Especially that they come from Finland, there 1000 better band in Finland.... Anyway, that is just crappy Eurovison....
Talvi - 03.03.2008 at 21:04
Written by Guest on 03.03.2008 at 20:53

Written by Talvi on 03.03.2008 at 20:27

It's true, I remember!!

I think they ended in second place, but still they didn't win. Hope this band do a nice performance there.
sn0 - 03.03.2008 at 21:05
Oh man! Metal to the masses. Apocalypse must be at hand...
DrunkenFuck - 03.03.2008 at 21:27
It's so stupid. Just because Lordi won, everyone think they can do the same. At least Lordi had good songs!
Bad English - 03.03.2008 at 22:02
I hope it wont be caneled because of Kosovo riots
Next year Fin can send there Wyrd
Fane - 03.03.2008 at 22:07
Yeh.. Just gotta shame all these Eurivisions. Well it's better to send Teräsbetoni than Kari Tapio for sure. Let's be happy about that, ok =)?
White Winter Sun - 03.03.2008 at 22:33
For once, France has a chance to not finish Eurovision in the last position if this band will represent Finland
oLjud - 04.03.2008 at 00:02
Written by Talvi on 03.03.2008 at 21:04

Written by Guest on 03.03.2008 at 20:53

Written by Talvi on 03.03.2008 at 20:27

It's true, I remember!!

didn't they won the wotes from the people but the judge wote them down??
Talvi - 04.03.2008 at 01:43
Written by White Winter Sun on 03.03.2008 at 22:33

They won't end in last position because every metalhead will vote them just because it's a metal band (hint: I won't).
White Winter Sun - 04.03.2008 at 01:54
Written by Talvi on 04.03.2008 at 01:43

Not every metalhead
I didn't vote for Lordi two years ago, I will not start to vote for this average band, really
kaos666 - 04.03.2008 at 06:09
As much as I love metal in Eurovision I see that going downhill very fast lol. Well I will vote for them but it won't go very far!
RhaegarTargaryen - 04.03.2008 at 11:20
Since Im from Serbia, Im very happy because of this, not because this song, or Terasbetoni are something very special, they are cool band, nothig more, but anything that helps that more people hear metal, and maybe become intrested in it is good (of course Im talking about young people) is good. And second, here in Serbia metal is underground almost, cus, especialy outside the Belgrade (capital, largest city), metal=satanist,drug adicts,etc,etc,etc... so it will be quite a shock to the audience, since here eurovision is high rated, and we won it so everybodys gona watch it.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you ask me, they should send Ari Koivunen and it would be cool that every scandinavian country sends metal bands
Raziel X - 04.03.2008 at 12:09
Yeah
Nightwish or Children of Bodom (lol, imagine Alexi saying fuck you motherfuckers on Eurovision XD) for Finland, Amon Amarth or Evergrey for Sweden (maybe also HammerFall, lol ) and Dimmu Borgir at least for Norway (anyway, it would be bigger fun if e.g. Emperor or Mayhem would come )... And Anubis Gate for Denmark
NortheRnmost - 04.03.2008 at 13:16
Yes I agree that Lordi was a one off. Nightwish tried, true, but the song was the worst they've ever done. And now Teräsbetoni... doesn't really turn me on anymore, but it's still better than Kari Tapio. "The man and a guitar" theme has been done to death with no success at all. And who cares about Eurovision anymore? I admit I watched the competition last year because it was in Helsinki and though the show was very good but the result was a fiasko. All winning bands hailed from Eastern Europe (how about voting those neighbours again this year, eh?). Rock or metal was no more...
GT - 04.03.2008 at 16:59
They're not getting my vote that's for sure...
Lord Hellbender - 04.03.2008 at 17:50
I have followed this band from the beginning and I can tell you that if you are interested in this band: DONT listen to this song. But just take a look at the debut "metallitotuus"!!! Thats Fuckin awesome!
Jay - 04.03.2008 at 19:29
omg... I didn't know Teräsbetoni sucks this bad nowadays...
Graveheart - 04.03.2008 at 19:39
Written by Akke920 on 03.03.2008 at 19:43
and no one will understand what they are singing about

I suppose all foreign lyrics are translated in the subtitles, at least it's always been done in Finland so it's probably like that everywhere else too. Also there's a chance Teräsbetoni will perform an English version of the song, at least I haven't heard if either language is confirmed to be the one they'll be using.
Stigma - 04.03.2008 at 20:39
Written by Graveheart on 04.03.2008 at 19:39

Written by Akke920 on 03.03.2008 at 19:43
and no one will understand what they are singing about

I remember them to state in Aamulehti that they won't certainly do any english version of the song.
Tod_Engel - 04.03.2008 at 20:55
Well, I haven't got anything special to add. Finland just sends what they know how to make best - good metal/rock music. That doesn't mean that Eurovision isn't mockery of good music.
Akke920 - 05.03.2008 at 00:04
Written by Guest on 04.03.2008 at 20:39

Written by Graveheart on 04.03.2008 at 19:39

Written by Akke920 on 03.03.2008 at 19:43
and no one will understand what they are singing about

Actually, i heard that too! They said something like.. it sounds more ''aggressive'' or something in finnish than it does in english...!
skerfy - 05.03.2008 at 15:48
I'm from the uk and ok its not a great song but im still happy theres a bit of metal variety in it lol but if u think finland is going to come last please everyone youtube Irelands entry right now!! talk about a gimmick! its a singing turkey puppet and the songs called "Irelande Douze Pointe" talk bout embarressing i hope its dead last lol
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.03.2008 at 16:10
Okay this song is quite crappy but at least it is still 1 million times better than that shitty Lordi song that won two years ago.
Bas - 05.03.2008 at 16:44
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.03.2008 at 16:10

i disagree Marcel, Lordi was horrible, but this is even waaaay worse, where did your hate for average european power metal go? this is horribly underaverage european power metal after all!

then again this song actually isn't even really bad compared to other songs i've heard of this band(...)
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.03.2008 at 16:48
Written by Bas on 05.03.2008 at 16:44

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.03.2008 at 16:10

I still hate average euro power metal, but IMO avreage eruo power metal is still way superior to Lordi's horrible pop rock metal.
Promonex - 05.03.2008 at 18:02
Written by skerfy on 05.03.2008 at 15:48

I guess I'll have to give that song a go once I'm back to a PC with sound. Judging from the song title it seems to be just a lame ripoff of what LT United did one or two years ago though.
Ernotar - 05.03.2008 at 18:11
You guys should've seen the other contestants we had here...so yes, Teräsbetoni is at least the best from those. The song sucks, but don't all Eurovision songs? Teräsbetoni has much better songs, but why waste a good song for Eurovision, when you can enter with a worse one too. Jarkko Ahola has a great voice. And if Ireland has a singing turkey, why can't we have a metalband? Don't take this too seriously people!
Yohan - 06.03.2008 at 16:33
well... they're better than both lordi and hanna, every song theese year seems to suck & they've got a kickass vocal.... and remeber it's about singing and preformeing good not do everything in english.. they'll probably preform the song aswell in finnish which i'm ok with even if i don't speak finnish....
and yes, they are a "cheap" copy of Manowar... but much music theese days are strongly influed by many different bands so big deal...

i for once, still think they've got that special charm and i hope alot of people vote for them... =)
W-Lash - 19.03.2008 at 02:58
Influenced by Manowar? Oh yeah, sure!
If you listen their song Orjatar then you will hear influences...it is a cheap copy of Warriors Of The World United and nothing more.
They suck - that's my opinion.
NEMESIS333 - 19.05.2008 at 21:23
Can you all stop the comments about the song and VOTE? I like it If you don't fine but the point is that a metal song is in the contest It opens doors for other events in the future VOTE
crusader84 - 23.05.2008 at 04:08
SUOMI!!!! m/ xD

Yes, song is notnihg special, but imagine if they win, I think that is good for metal, could mean more metal bands on ESC in the future, and maybe better songs , however, the thing is showing people that metal is not dead yet!

News Apocalyptica - Play Show At Eurovision Song Contest Final 5.5 27.04.2007 by Lupas
News Keep Of Kalessin - Competing To Represent Norway In Eurovision Song Contest 5.5 04.12.2009 by Bas
News Lordi: Reach Finals Of The Eurovision Song Contest 5.5 19.05.2006 by Götter
Events Eurovision Song Contest Semifinals 4.5 18.05.2006 by Tony Harrison
Melodic metal forum Pain of Salvation in swedish eurovision song contest 4.5 04.02.2010 by arwestromen