Nightwish's latest video for the track, "The Islander" will premier on Finnish MTV on April 12th before being seen by the rest of the world on television.

On the official Nightwish website they elaborated on the details of this single:

"The Islander" is the next single off of their new album "Dark Passion Play". The single will be released on May 21st and will include the following tracks:

CD:
01. The Islander (edit)
02. The Islander (full-length version)
03. Escapist (instrumental)
04. Meadows Of Heaven (orchestral version)

DVD:
01. The Islander - video clip (edit)
02. The Islander - video clip (full-length version)
03. Making of "The Islander" - documentary

The "The Islander" video was shot last autumn in Rovaniemi and was directed by Stobe Harju. The video will premiere on April 14th at 7pm (Finnish time) on MTV Finland's show 'Spanking New'.

In related news, Nightwish will return to the U.S. this fall and The Vault have already started their pre-sale for two shows. The complete list of tour dates will be announced soon, but you can already buy tickets for the following shows:

09/17/08 - La Zona Rosa, Austin TX
09/24/08 - Tremont Music Hall, Charlotte NC

Also, Nightwish will be appearing on German radio in April, as stated on the band's official website:

"The German radio station hr3 will broadcast some songs from Nightwish's concert in Frankfurt, Germany, during their show "hr3-hard'n'heavy, die lange harte nacht". The show will air on April 4th, 11:30 pm CET. International listeners can tune in to their webradio via this link (the "HR3 Webradio" website is in German)."

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish

Posted: 29.03.2008 by Ether

Comments

Bad English - 29.03.2008 at 17:14
Islander sound slike Higlander but wanna see that video
Slyfang - 29.03.2008 at 17:29
""The Islander" is the FIRST single off of their new album "Dark Passion Play""

Eva? Amaranth? Bye Bye Beautiful!?
deathovertime - 29.03.2008 at 17:44
It says the next single, not the first single.
4look4rd - 29.03.2008 at 20:22
Yet another single? wow
Katatronik - 29.03.2008 at 21:10
Not my favourite one of the new album... Cadence of Her Last Breath, or Sahara, or Master Passion Greed...
WorpeX - 29.03.2008 at 21:29
I have the CD... and I didn't even realize the Islander was on it until now. Almost never listen to that one....
Slyfang - 30.03.2008 at 00:18
Written by Guest on 29.03.2008 at 17:44

It says the next single, not the first single.

it was fixed then.. because it said 'first' earlier
Princ_Of_Horror - 30.03.2008 at 01:38
Hmm..what a waste of money in my opinion. The album is out and sold in million of copies, whats the point of releasing yet another single?! Its beyond me..:noidea:
Seems to me, Nightwish has become money hungry.:no:
4look4rd - 30.03.2008 at 06:16
I agree with you princ, when a band releases 7 singles from each album and make "special/limited" editions of both the album and the singles... just shows a sign of money hungriness.... sad part is: people buy it
deathovertime - 30.03.2008 at 12:12
Written by Slyfang on 30.03.2008 at 00:18

Written by Guest on 29.03.2008 at 17:44

it was fixed then.. because it said 'first' earlier

Ah alrighty, fair do's.
Angel_Lament - 30.03.2008 at 14:50
I don't think that is waste of money or hungriness from the band
the singles always released with awesome previously unreleased tracks and videos
Plus most of the bands release singles like WT and Epica
and there are really good songs on it
iaberis - 30.03.2008 at 18:10
Singles overkill!
Estix - 31.03.2008 at 01:54
Written by Princ_Of_Horror on 30.03.2008 at 01:38

Completely my idea...Sure, release a single or two...BEFORE the album is out. After the album has been released, what's the bloody point...other than milking money for 10 (exaggerated) versions of one song . I've never considered any other explanations for these types of releases in the past...
Ulv - 31.03.2008 at 05:06
Beautiful song...hope the video will be to
Princ_Of_Horror - 31.03.2008 at 09:02
Thank you for agreeing with me..
Written by Estix on 31.03.2008 at 01:54

Written by Princ_Of_Horror on 30.03.2008 at 01:38

Princ_Of_Horror - 31.03.2008 at 09:09
Written by Angel_Lament on 30.03.2008 at 14:50

I don't think that is waste of money or hungriness from the band
Plus most of the bands release singles like WT and Epica
and there are really good songs on it

Correct me if I am wrong,
I see no "unreleased tracks" on that single, apart from album tracks released in every possible way.
The making of the video and video clips, are available on youtube, if you dont like watching it via the net or dont have the ability to watch it, in a few months time Im pretty sure NW will release a DVD where you will be able to get to those "unreleased" tracks and all the clips the band ever made, that would again be money to the band..So back to the question noone has been able to answer, whats the pint of yet another single?!
RhaegarTargaryen - 31.03.2008 at 13:29
"Escapist" in unrealeased, or at least not on the album, dont have the singles.

Anywayz, this is the best song on the album, and I dont know why it wasnt chosen asfirst or second single. And I think that 2, MAX 3 singles per album are more than enough, spiced up with some bunuses, cover songs, videos, and rare stuff. In that way, I think it's more than cool to realease them. Btw usualy label demands number of singles and stuff, and of course Nuclear Blast knows that it's NW and it will sell itslelf so...
Warman - 31.03.2008 at 20:08
Yet another single?
Evil Chip - 02.04.2008 at 04:29
Nothing against singles. It's fun to watch the videos and if the songs is good.
Angel_Lament - 02.04.2008 at 15:09
Written by Princ_Of_Horror on 31.03.2008 at 09:09

Written by Angel_Lament on 30.03.2008 at 14:50

I don't think that is waste of money or hungriness from the band
Plus most of the bands release singles like WT and Epica
and there are really good songs on it

Correct me if I am wrong,

thanks for understanding my opinion Princ_of_Horror
but Youtube is currently unavailable here
i dont why...
you can see that Meadows of heaven-Orchestral version is not released and the escapist...
and even i wanted to watch the video-which i want it so much-the resolution is so bad....
so that what im thinkin of
post me a reply if you have anything to say
Walter Iego - 02.04.2008 at 16:18
I agree, why yet another single? Why yet another video, what is the purpose?
Princ_Of_Horror - 03.04.2008 at 08:43
Written by Angel_Lament on 02.04.2008 at 15:09

Written by Princ_Of_Horror on 31.03.2008 at 09:09

Written by Angel_Lament on 30.03.2008 at 14:50

I don't think that is waste of money or hungriness from the band
Plus most of the bands release singles like WT and Epica
and there are really good songs on it

Correct me if I am wrong,

thanks for understanding my opinion Princ_of_Horror
but Youtube is currently unavailable here
i dont why...
so that what im thinkin of
post me a reply if you have anything to say

hmm..I wasnt saying anything against you or your opinion, everone is free to their opinion.
I was just saying that the band is just money hungry simple because they will release this single with this and that on it, and yet AGAIN they will release a DVD where you will be able to watch it, anyway. Regarding to your statment about the orchestral version of the songs, I mean all those versions of the songs are boring, I mean whats the point, you got the album (otherwords the best version of the song)..to me its pointless.. Im sorry if I offended you in any way it was not my aim. Friends?

and btw. I always have something to say, haha..
Princ_Of_Horror - 03.04.2008 at 08:46
Written by Walter Iego on 02.04.2008 at 16:18

I agree, why yet another single? Why yet another video, what is the purpose?

The purpose is...to earn greater profit.. haha Dont you know how business wokrs these days?
Angel_Lament - 03.04.2008 at 21:48
Written by Princ_Of_Horror on 03.04.2008 at 08:43

Written by Angel_Lament on 02.04.2008 at 15:09

Written by Princ_Of_Horror on 31.03.2008 at 09:09

Written by Angel_Lament on 30.03.2008 at 14:50

I don't think that is waste of money or hungriness from the band
Plus most of the bands release singles like WT and Epica
and there are really good songs on it

Correct me if I am wrong,

thanks for understanding my opinion Princ_of_Horror
but Youtube is currently unavailable here
i dont why...
so that what im thinkin of
post me a reply if you have anything to say

and btw. I always have something to say, haha..

Thanks for sharing your opinion, of course we friends
and like you said everyone is free to show his opinion
plus i wont be able to get this DVD or Single anyway!!!!!!!!!
Walter Iego - 24.04.2008 at 10:36
OK... There are bands out there that need the extra doe to get by, perhaps we should help them out by buying music; the business should not turn into IKEA...
Ruudz - 30.07.2009 at 12:12
I hope you guys know that it's not the bands fault that they release another single. Nuclear Blast force them, like they do with all their bands. Its the label who wants money, same goes with their Made In Hong Kong EP. Tuomas stated that he never wanted to release any more before the next album, but it was the labels idea to make that EP. Tuomas have said in interviews that he never been a fan of singles, and that he don't see the point.
Ellrohir - 30.07.2009 at 12:46
But it is the problem of the band, they are making deals with money diggers...originally it was their choice to sign or not to sign...i know business is business and i know i'd probably never know about them, if they hadn't done so, but anyway i see no reason for excusing them now

(you should know, i am a fan of NW and a fan of Tuomas, but they appeared to turn into some mony-making metal machine which i dont like...)
Ernis - 30.07.2009 at 12:53
Written by Ellrohir on 30.07.2009 at 12:46

Who will release and spread their records then? Another option would be to create an independent record company but that needs resources, I imagine, and is not an easy task to complete....
Ellrohir - 30.07.2009 at 13:51
Well...this is the prize of being famous then...

and i am not that untolerant as some other "pure metal" fans...

News Tvangeste - Update From The Band 7.5 09.11.2007 by Bad English
News Ordog - Update From The Band 7.5 02.07.2008 by Bad English
News Trouble - Update From The Band 7.5 09.11.2007 by Bad English
News Officium Triste - Update From The Band 7 03.03.2010 by JÄY
News Satyricon - Update From The Band, Recording New Album 7 05.04.2013 by ManiacBlasphemer