On the 23rd of July Metallica announced the tracklist of the upcoming album Death Magnetic on their official website. Pretty much all of the information about this album is now known so only the music itself is a mystery.

Here are the song titles:

01. That Was Just Your Life

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica

Posted: 28.07.2008 by K†ulu

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Shadowcross - 30.07.2008 at 13:32
finally!! the trilogy is concluded!
bobbyechobrain - 30.07.2008 at 16:27
will we do this: after hearing this album or this:
unforgiven 3 would be a extermum point for the band i think.
Angel_Lament - 30.07.2008 at 16:38
WOOOOW
The Unforgiven III !!!!
Im very curious already
Hope its better than St Anger
The Tracklist looks Shocking as always!!
ß - 31.07.2008 at 01:34
I wonder how this will turn out
BurbotsRevenge - 31.07.2008 at 02:18
Written by PrettyMao on 29.07.2008 at 22:00

Does anyone else have problems reading the track list?

This is what I am seeing:

1. Turd
2. Turd
3. Turd
4. Turd
5. Turd
6. Turd
7. Turd
8. Turd
9. Turd
10. Turd
11. Turd (bonus track)

HAHAHAHA thats exactly what i see, theyre such lame titles...
Zangah - 06.08.2008 at 00:33
im not too sure what to think about them after St. Anger.... part three interests me, definately going to buy it
HeathenBlood - 06.08.2008 at 08:36
whatever...the album cover is really annoying..totally messed up!...
it'd be better if they change the album art..
Bitter Peace - 06.08.2008 at 16:45
Eh, some of the titles suck, but some are really good this time.

The first two sound too much like the equivalent Megadeth and Godsmack song titles respectively. Broken, Beat & Scarred sounds like it could be a Cannibal Corpse song (like Stripped, Raped and Strangled) haha.

I particularly like the titles for Cyanide, The Judas Kiss, and All Nightmare Long.
Doc Godin - 08.08.2008 at 05:14
The first track looks like Megadeths 'This Was My Life'. And the Unforgiven 3? Theyre obviously not forgiving us, because the first 2 were punishment enough.
Wakanaboo - 09.08.2008 at 14:37
heard the new song on youtube...aint impressed but its better than st.anger
Savage Messiah - 16.08.2008 at 04:28
I just read an article about the new album, where the journalist interviewed Lars and Kirk.
Kirk said this about st Anger:
"It's the album we HAD to make to get to this point. That album is the sound of a band trying to find itself again and that's exactly how it turned out."
They reckon it sounds way more like their old stuff, closer to a ...And Justice For All sort of sound.

Drop the prejudices guys, I know you're all only fired up because you care. GIVE THEM ONE MORE FUCKING CHANCE.

Marcel Hubregtse - 16.08.2008 at 15:35
Written by Savage Messiah on 16.08.2008 at 04:28

GIVE THEM ONE MORE FUCKING CHANCE.

ANother one, ffs, after the letdown And Justice For All was I have given them four chances when it came to their studio albums and every single fucking time they let me down. Lars is so full of shit when promoting his new album it is unbelievable (remember all the things he said before St. Anger was released that that would go back to their roots etc.?)
ß - 16.08.2008 at 18:32
I still don't know why people still like this band. There was and still is nothing remotley interesting about them but thats just my opinion.
Opethienne - 17.08.2008 at 14:19
Yeah!! Nice track list, waiting Unforgiven III too, i listen to Cyanide, from a metallica 2008 live's, it's heard like Justice!!! WAITING 12TH SEPTEMBER
Savage Messiah - 18.08.2008 at 05:31
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.08.2008 at 15:35

Written by Savage Messiah on 16.08.2008 at 04:28

GIVE THEM ONE MORE FUCKING CHANCE.

Uh huh, so if you have NO faith in them at all, why're you on this thread? Why bother replying if you no longer have an interest in the band?
Daniel - 20.09.2008 at 03:25
Written by Savage Messiah on 18.08.2008 at 05:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.08.2008 at 15:35

Written by Savage Messiah on 16.08.2008 at 04:28

GIVE THEM ONE MORE FUCKING CHANCE.

Because this website is a FORUM and every user is entitled to their own opinions.

Metallica would have to be the biggest and most annoying name i see everywhere, with every metalhead fighting about. I'll give the album a listen before I start bashing it (which I take great joy in), but i'm sure it's going to be a complete fail. If you like giving money to millionares for music which has 0 passion and 0 effort & 100% profit, go ahead.
Metalbound7 - 16.11.2008 at 06:46
Written by Daniel on 20.09.2008 at 03:25

Written by Savage Messiah on 18.08.2008 at 05:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.08.2008 at 15:35

Written by Savage Messiah on 16.08.2008 at 04:28

GIVE THEM ONE MORE FUCKING CHANCE.

im totally agree with you 0 passion, 0 effort, 100% profit , one more Chane?! haha we been giving them chances since the black album! that's more than 15 years ago! you know, my patience have it's limits.

Pages: 1 [2]

Reviews Metallica - Death Magnetic 6 12.09.2008 by destroyah
News Metallica - Orion Music + More Festival 2013 Line-Up Revealed 6 26.02.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
Articles Metallica, Death Magnetic Release Celebration - London, England, 15th September 2008 6 16.09.2008 by Valentin B
Reviews Metallica - Death Magnetic 6 05.05.2009 by Vykintas