German metallers Haggard have posted two new songs, entitled "Tales Of Ithiria" and "Hijo De La Luna", through their MySpace.
The two songs come off Haggard's forthcoming album, entitled "Tales Of Ithiria", which will be released on August 29th via Drakkar Records.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Haggard

Posted: 30.07.2008 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Stalker - 30.07.2008 at 15:56
OK, not really much, but I guess, 1st one sounds good, and the 2nd one is cover, so...
Ill wait aug 29 and then say
Harlequin - 30.07.2008 at 19:05
I don't like it.
Entropy - 30.07.2008 at 19:21
Damn
Lupas - 30.07.2008 at 19:53
At last , their new album
I was getting lost waiting for this album .
annodomini - 30.07.2008 at 20:12
Ye nothing impressive. Sad
Marcus - 30.07.2008 at 21:28
It is alright, female vocals are pretty bad though
iceland_Norway - 30.07.2008 at 22:13
I must go to Haggard's live show here in Italy gosh!

They are truly beautiful
335x - 30.07.2008 at 23:53
Well... maybe i'm wrong but.. still.. "Hijo de la Luna" is a beautiful song by Mecano, dark in some ways; tells the story about a gipsey woman, a Jealous man, a boy with white skin & grey eyes, The moon, honor, murder and lonleiness...

Mecano were an old Spanish band, the band itself is not something that could be named as "Metal" , and the vocals of the original singer of this song are not something that could be named as "Operal".. so this version is Amazing to me.. anyone who speaks spanish should know the song..

LeChron James - 31.07.2008 at 00:41
not the most impressive thing ive heard from them but its not awful
Stalker - 31.07.2008 at 01:20
LOL people, its just a few seconds of intro to those songs, how can you know is the song good or not...
Demonic Tutor - 31.07.2008 at 01:46
You people are way too difficult, I really like what I hear. Nice touch with the Meccano cover since I know the original.
Dark Cornatus - 31.07.2008 at 01:52
@Stalker: Its almost 2 minutes isnt it? Id say that would be pretty clear to decide whether it appeals to you or not. Most people are stating their impressions of the two samples, saying if they like it or not, its a completely different thing.

I found it rather ordinary too. The title song male clean vocals sound ripped off Phantom Of The Opera. They seem to have changed style a bit in the vocal department, even though its the same vocalists.

Ill probably still get the album, might be some good tracks yet.
Daggon - 31.07.2008 at 02:18
Sounds great! I'm not fan of Mecano but this cover sounds very well done.
Stalker - 31.07.2008 at 02:38
Written by Dark Cornatus on 31.07.2008 at 01:52

Ill probably still get the album, might be some good tracks yet.

Yeah I dig what you mean, but those are first 2 minutes of a song that is probably 8 minutes long or so, so we cant really judge song by its first minute or two.. At least I cant. And sample ends where music actually begins IMO, as the heavy distortion guitar enters, the sample ends, so, not really much to judge.
ApocalypticaMax3 - 31.07.2008 at 21:34
"but those are first 2 minutes of a song that is probably 8 minutes long or so, so we cant really judge song by its first minute or two."

I totally agree, those 2-3 minutes on myspace are not showing enough of the song, go on youtube, they played it live and it's recorded for about 7m30s.

"http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=omZ7_IbEXhg"

To me, that's just marvellous ^^

About Hijo de la luna, I like it too =) I had to listen to it 3-4 times before, but I do like it^^

News In Vain - Two New Songs And Video Online 7 04.02.2010 by BudDa
News Immortal Frontman's I Project - Two New Songs Online 7 19.09.2006 by _HIV_
News Byfrost - New Album Details, Two New Songs Online 7 23.05.2011 by Aetherius
News Three - Two New Songs Online 7 22.09.2011 by opeth771
News Die Apokalyptischen Reiter - Two New Songs Online 7 04.06.2008 by Baz Anderson