Sepultura invited the media for a first listen of their new album "A-Lex" inspired on the book "A Clockwork Orange". The album is scheduled for release in November 2008.

Recorded in São Paulo (Brazil) at Trama Studios and mixed at Mega Studios, "A-Lex" features 18 songs in 60 minutes total playtime and it's a milestone in Sepultura's career.

It's the first album recorded with drummer Jean Dolabella and it sounds different from any other work by Sepultura. As the band defines it, it was written and composed in record time because it's basically a recording of the studio jams during the period of 3 months.

The album title '"A-Lex" is Russian for "no law".

"A-Lex" tracklist:

18. Paradox

Source: sepultura.uol.com.br
Band profile: Sepultura

Posted: 08.08.2008 by abattoir

Comments

Mr. Doctor - 08.08.2008 at 16:03
Wow.. I didn't knew that the concept was The Clockwork Orange... I would check this out since Dante XXI was very good.

60 minutes?, I think that it's too much, but if all the songs are good, it would be great!
Marcus - 08.08.2008 at 19:32
they are really into albums inspired by books nowadays, aren't they.
Hamird - 08.08.2008 at 20:24
Although the concept album sounds good, but I really cannot accept non-Cavalera Sepultura...
Maybe the lyrics and story-line be very nice, but the performance is not well in my opinion.
Uirapuru - 08.08.2008 at 21:27
they are completely lost.. lost their best musicians and their spirit as well.
''...sounds different from any other work by Sepultura.'' which means that they are done with the Tribal Thrash, and will go on with the stupid church themes from Dante XXI... crap...
Sepultura just give up from being above the average.. they want to be commom now...
Collin - 08.08.2008 at 21:47
I'm really looking forward to it, and will never understand how people can judge an album just on the basis of the band's comments and a tracklist.
Abattoir - 08.08.2008 at 22:05
Yea, you never know, what will you get...I hope in good staff though.
Marfere - 08.08.2008 at 23:43
Written by Collin on 08.08.2008 at 21:47

Exactly my thought...
Mr. Doctor - 09.08.2008 at 01:10
Written by Collin on 08.08.2008 at 21:47

Because they're too gay to admit that Sepultura is trying to keep the shit alive. And that Dante XXI is indeed an album with strenght.

I'm sick of people that prays Max way to much...
BurbotsRevenge - 09.08.2008 at 04:02
the first thing i noticed was !18 tracks! - hopefully there all good
Armageddon - 09.08.2008 at 19:16
Written by Marfere on 08.08.2008 at 23:43

Written by Collin on 08.08.2008 at 21:47

Exactly my thought...

Me too...

Can't wait to hear this album.
Bad English - 10.08.2008 at 23:25
A-Lex in russian no law are you shore because it sonds latin not russian
Uirapuru - 11.08.2008 at 05:55
Written by Armageddon on 09.08.2008 at 19:16

Written by Marfere on 08.08.2008 at 23:43

Written by Collin on 08.08.2008 at 21:47

Exactly my thought...

Me too...

Can't wait to hear this album.

I wish i could hope for the best too... but if this album turns out like the two previous.. this band is going straight to nowhere.
Mr. Doctor - 11.08.2008 at 13:52
Written by Uirapuru on 11.08.2008 at 05:55

But if this album turns out like the two previous.. this band is going straight to nowhere.

Maybe for you, but I see that many people think that Dante XXI is their best one without Max and it's even bettter than Caos AD or Roots.
Marcel Hubregtse - 11.08.2008 at 13:56
Written by Mr. Doctor on 11.08.2008 at 13:52

Written by Uirapuru on 11.08.2008 at 05:55

I am one of those people that prefers Dante XXI to Chaos AD and Roots and see as their best without Max and definitely better than ANYTHING Soulfly ever did.
Uirapuru - 11.08.2008 at 15:41
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.08.2008 at 13:56

Written by Mr. Doctor on 11.08.2008 at 13:52

Written by Uirapuru on 11.08.2008 at 05:55

Not to me... even ''Nation'' and ''Against'' are better than Dante XXI (and probably this new album too), so its not about Max... its about Sepultura's identity and how i prefer their music. Their Tribal Thrash works were my favorites and now they are gone... and i just feel that is a great loss for them to become just a regular Thrashcore band.
Dante XXI is an ok album, practically a Roorback with better worked solos... and this new album... who knows... maybe they surprise me... but just looking to this tracklist give me a bad feeling.
Marcel Hubregtse - 11.08.2008 at 16:02
Written by Uirapuru on 11.08.2008 at 15:41

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.08.2008 at 13:56

Written by Mr. Doctor on 11.08.2008 at 13:52

Written by Uirapuru on 11.08.2008 at 05:55

Since when does a tracklistnig say anything at all about the music on the album? Never and it never will. And for once I find a concept about A Clockwork Orange refreshing to the stuff bands usually go on about.
Uirapuru - 11.08.2008 at 16:07
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.08.2008 at 16:02

Written by Uirapuru on 11.08.2008 at 15:41

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.08.2008 at 13:56

Written by Mr. Doctor on 11.08.2008 at 13:52

Written by Uirapuru on 11.08.2008 at 05:55

I know that the tracklist says nothing about the music... its just a bad feeling.
Mr. Doctor - 11.08.2008 at 18:01
Regular Thrashcore band?
WTF?... I haven't heard any kind of Thrashcore with a sound like Dante XXI... How can you describe it as a normal album?
Uirapuru - 12.08.2008 at 02:28
The only difference between Dante and the other thrashcores (besides the theme of course), are tracks like ''Still Flame'', the four interludes or that middle part of ''Ostia''... the rest looks like Chimaira, Unearth and other normal bands that pops out everytime.
Thank god Andreas didnt quit the band, his solos are still a salvation.
BF - 12.08.2008 at 13:21
"written and composed in record time"
"basically a recording of the studio jams"

Hope that isn't a nice way of saying that its a shitty album they through together in their spare time...
Warman - 12.08.2008 at 13:32
Written by Mr. Doctor on 08.08.2008 at 16:03

I agree man, sounds really interesting. I thought Dante XXI kicked ass so my expectations are very high!
Born-2rise - 12.08.2008 at 13:53
very impressive!!!!!!!!
i like this band
i cant wait for this new work
Slyfang - 16.12.2008 at 17:20
Written by Bad English on 10.08.2008 at 23:25

A-Lex in russian no law are you shore because it sonds latin not russian

You're right, it is latin.. no law in russian would be не закон.. or ne zakon

News Dol Ammad - New Album Details Revealed 7 01.03.2012 by Ag Fox