Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones has spoken to BBC Radio about Led Zeppelin's future plans and it would seem that a new album is in the works as well as a new tour.

"It would seem as", though original frontman Robert Plant is not going to be part of the band's future plans. But bassist John Paul Jones has confirmed rumours that Led Zeppelin have been having regular rehearsals and are planning something big for the near future.

After confirming that "a couple" of singers have tried out for the band, JPJ went on to say: "We want to do it. It's sounding great and we want to get on and get out there."

On the subject of a new vocalist for the band, Jones said: "It's got to be right. There's no point in just finding another Robert. You could get that out of a tribute band, but we don't want to be our own tribute band. There would be a record and a tour, but everyone has to be on board."

Also eGigs.co.uk reported a few days ago that John Paul Jones has confirmed reports that that he, guitarist Jimmy Page and drummer Jason Bonham following the band's one off appearance at O2 Arena, London last year were itching to get out on the road. Singer Robert Plant has already announced that he has no plans to join them, as he was committed to his work with Alison Krauss, although they could be reunited with him in "a couple of years."

Source: metalhammer.co.uk
Band profile: Led Zeppelin

Posted: 29.10.2008 by Thryce

Comments

corrupt - 29.10.2008 at 16:44
This could be how legends fall. To release an album after 16 years of absence is a huge risk. Especially for a band that's grown to this big a legend. 'Coda' could easily be excused with having to fulfill a contract although John Bonham died. But if this goes wrong...
Jimmy doesn't get younger. I'm looking forward to that album. But I don't expect much of a reunited band of 64 year old seniors.
Doc Godin - 29.10.2008 at 17:49
NOOOO!

I had a little more respect for Zep than this. The Zeppelin sound isn't each individual member, but all of them combined. I'm even weary of an album without Bonham, but without Plant either? Theres a reason they decided to disband after Bonham died, I wish they would remember that. Call it "Page & Jones" or whatever, but slapping the Zep name on it just sounds like a money grabbing tactic - that will probably work. Its evident in the fact that they can't wait a few years for Plant to finish up his other obligations.

This news makes me sad, and a bit angry.
O Sinistron - 29.10.2008 at 18:20
Written by corrupt on 29.10.2008 at 16:44

This could be how legends fall. [...] I don't expect much of a reunited band of 64 year old seniors.

I do!
I'm at work now, and I was coming here listening Led Zeppelin & Coverdale/Page, and thinking "Jimmy Page has done such a great album in the last decade (with David Coverdale), I'm certain that Led Zeppelin can do another great album nowadays!"

I was dreaming for this news! And I believe they will make a reasoneble choice for their new vocals. Even if that means wait for Robert Plant or even summoning David Coverdale or other vocalist!
Morcant - 29.10.2008 at 18:26
I was listening to Led Zeppelin because of the incredible voice of Robert Plant. Without him they're just a band like everyone else.
Newfie_Metal - 29.10.2008 at 19:45
There is no point without Plant.
Introspekrieg - 29.10.2008 at 19:59
I think with Plant it would be worse, that man is waaay past his prime. The Coverdale/Page stuff is good, but I agree that slapping the Zeppelin label on the album is just a moneygrab. If you are truly talented you don't let a name speak for you, you let your work do it (like Stephen King/Richard Bachman).
O Sinistron - 29.10.2008 at 20:41
Written by Morcant on 29.10.2008 at 18:26

Try listen Coverdale/Page! The Led Zeppelin Style with David Coverdale on vocal!

Robert Plant voice is awesome, but Led Zeppelin is more than just that!
O Sinistron - 29.10.2008 at 20:42
Written by Introspekrieg on 29.10.2008 at 19:59

But if the last year formation (at O2 Arena) is confirmed, it will be more than just a moneygrabber!
necrovamp - 29.10.2008 at 21:29
Hm they should form a band but with a new name, this album may be ok but it will fall short. its gonna be like queen and paul rodegrs all over again. It not going to work. however i belive if they formed a new band it could work and they should do, instead of leaving a mark on led zeps legacy
LeChron James - 29.10.2008 at 21:42
Written by Doc Godin on 29.10.2008 at 17:49

NOOOO!

This news makes me sad, and a bit angry.

i feel precisely as you do. there should be NO present day developments. scurvy sheister bastards.
Doc Godin - 29.10.2008 at 22:28
Written by LeChron James on 29.10.2008 at 21:42

Written by Doc Godin on 29.10.2008 at 17:49

NOOOO!

This news makes me sad, and a bit angry.

There is no honor in this whatsoever. A reunion tour/few shows is ok, but seriously, have they no shame?
LeChron James - 29.10.2008 at 22:51
Written by Doc Godin on 29.10.2008 at 22:28

Written by LeChron James on 29.10.2008 at 21:42

Written by Doc Godin on 29.10.2008 at 17:49

NOOOO!

This news makes me sad, and a bit angry.

clearly not. Bonham is going batshit insane wherever he is, im sure. this is almost inhumane. i would say call PETA but they deal with animals/are terrorists, so don't call them.

WOW definitely missed the "robert plant isnt going to be part of this" thing. whoever initiated this whole thing should be devoured by vermin Cannibal Corpse style.
Doc Godin - 29.10.2008 at 22:56
Written by LeChron James on 29.10.2008 at 22:51

Theres a reason people like Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison died young, and why Lynyrd Skynyrd got in a deadly plane crash at the peak of their career, its so things like this don't happen.
LeChron James - 29.10.2008 at 23:20
Written by Doc Godin on 29.10.2008 at 22:56

Written by LeChron James on 29.10.2008 at 22:51

this just goes to show that Windir is a classier band than Led Zeppelin is. and i never thought i would be saying that. ever. but Lynyrd Skynyrd is still around though. in some carnation or another.
-DC-002- - 29.10.2008 at 23:33
I guess it would be fun for this generation to see them live. Even though Its not gonna be the true lie up though.
Doc Godin - 29.10.2008 at 23:55
Written by LeChron James on 29.10.2008 at 23:20

Yeah, and if buddy from Windir was still alive and they simply broke up, I bet you wouldn't have to take out a second mortgage on your house just to get a ticket to see them in a reunion tour (Zep charging the prices they did for that show is completely going against what rock n roll is about, same with the prices The Rolling Stones were charging in their latest tour). As far as Skynyrd goes, I completely forgot about that, which was pretty mind boggling as well, considering you could probably live out 3 lifetimes simply off the royalties from 'Free Bird' and 'Sweet Home Alabama'....Damn that sucks, there will only be one Lynyrd Skynyrd for me, and it died with Ronnie Van Zant (at the same time I can't imagine them charging shitloads of cash just to go see them). The same goes for this Zep reunion, theres only 1 Led Zeppelin and it died with Ronnie Van Zant....er, I mean John Bonham.
Black Conundrum - 30.10.2008 at 00:02
This news will be interesting to track. As of the news itself, I have no comment on that.
LeChron James - 30.10.2008 at 01:05
Written by Doc Godin on 29.10.2008 at 23:55

Written by LeChron James on 29.10.2008 at 23:20

yeah, the Stones charge irrational amounts of money for their tours. i remember 2 years back when they came to the Oakland A's baseball stadium for their most recent album's tour that tickets were like, 400 bucks a piece or something. Zep's tickets for their reunion show were equally expensive if i recall correctly. Zep has already sold the rights to "Rock and Roll" to Cadillac when their CTS sedan and coupe came out. i just hope for my sake they dont sell the rights to "Stairway to Heaven" to some other unholy corporation bent on using the appeal of Zep to sell something. when that day comes i'm moving to some small ass island in the south specific.
ArcesseEum - 30.10.2008 at 01:57
Its going to suck
Damnated - 30.10.2008 at 12:20
Written by Doc Godin on 29.10.2008 at 17:49

NOOOO!

my thoughts exactly.

why can't they just play their existing material at concerts? everybody knows and adores that.
Carrion Misery - 30.10.2008 at 16:02
I hear its rumored that Steven Tyler from Aerosmith has tried out and is a big possibility as frontman.
Lucas - 30.10.2008 at 16:19
Quote:
I would say call PETA but they deal with animals/are terrorists, so don't call them.

lol what the hell?
Doc Godin - 30.10.2008 at 22:02
Written by Damnated on 30.10.2008 at 12:20

Written by Doc Godin on 29.10.2008 at 17:49

NOOOO!

my thoughts exactly.

Because people are dopey enough to go and buy an album consisting of 50% of the band.

EDIT: the more I think about it, I really hope something tragic happens to prevent this. They've all lived out long successful lives, maybe death is the right thing for people who seem to be only living for money.
Thryce - 02.11.2008 at 12:08
Written by Carrion Misery on 30.10.2008 at 16:02

According to Billboard sources, Myles Kennedy (known from Creed and Alter Bridge) would be the first in line for doing the gigs as frontman and vocalist. According to "sources in the know", Kennedy has even rehearsed with Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham on several occasions.
Read the full article here.

News Led Zeppelin - Announce Celebration Day Concert Film Details, Trailer Released 7.5 13.09.2012 by yanivush147
News Led Zeppelin - 'Sound And Fury' Book Out Today, Clips Online 6 16.04.2013 by JakeTheSage
News Led Zeppelin - New Releases In November 6 11.08.2007 by Spyroid