The Canadian metal band formerly known as Profugus Mortis have issued the following update regarding the band's name change to Blackguard:

"Yes it's true, we have in fact changed our name to Blackguard. One of the main reasons for this change was to avoid possible legal action against us. Our new European label (soon to be announced ) informed us of this and asked if we'd be willing to change names which we obviously said yes to. This was not an easy decision, but it was a necessary one to avoid possible future complications. I hope you all understand.

This is the end of an era for us, but it is also a new beginning. With this change comes new labels (TBA) new management and of course... new tours. See you all at Pagan Fest 2!!"

As announced on Pagan Fest USA:

Brimming with the highly-successful and recent run (and introduction) of PaganFest USA earlier this year, the tour everyone has anxiously been waiting for with high demand will be storming the stages of venues across North America once again!

For the fans who have been eagerly counting down the days for the return of this run, PaganFest USA proudly brings you PART 2 of this incredible saga with the presentation of Ireland's Primordial, Switzerland's Eluveitie, Finland's Moonsorrow, and Canada's Blackguard (formerly known as Profugus Mortis) to the horizon for mid 2009!

The first date of this unique trek has been exclusively revealed on the PaganFest USA MySpace as May 7, 2009 at Chicago's Powerfest! Details and ticket purchase links for PaganFest USA: PART 2 will be updated on the official MySpace page as they come in so please keep checking back often!

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Blackguard

Posted: 27.11.2008 by SlaytallicA

Comments

ArcesseEum - 27.11.2008 at 15:56
Booo! Give me Ensiferum, Tyr and Turisas back!
elven - 27.11.2008 at 19:05
Eluveitie AGAIN??? come on...
Introspekrieg - 27.11.2008 at 19:14
Written by ArcesseEum on 27.11.2008 at 15:56

Booo! Give me Ensiferum, Tyr and Turisas back!
Tyr is coming on their separate "Pagan Knights Tour". I wasn't impressed with Ensiferum last time around so I'm looking to Moonsorrow to put on a good show this time. Turisas will be missed though...
And about Eluveitie, I know it sucks that they could have put a new band in their slot... but they seem to have impressed the mindless American Miller Lite guzzlers who just want drinking music at the concert. They don't even realize that without the Kirder brothers it won't be the same .
ArcesseEum - 27.11.2008 at 20:45
Written by Introspekrieg on 27.11.2008 at 19:14

Written by ArcesseEum on 27.11.2008 at 15:56

Booo! Give me Ensiferum, Tyr and Turisas back!

I thought Ensiferum was fantastic when they played here in Canada. But yes, Turisas was the best on the list... *shudders at Miller light*
-DC-002- - 27.11.2008 at 22:21
Primordial's headlining!? that's great news. Hopefully they will get the recognition they deserved from this. I'm glad Ensiferum and Turisas aren't there. Ensiferum have been to the States twice and Turisas shouldn't even be popular.
Asitis - 27.11.2008 at 23:13
Written by -DC-002- on 27.11.2008 at 22:21

Well, they were at a few shows in the European Paganfest, because Finntroll cancelled some shows - I guess they liked what they saw
Pétur - 27.11.2008 at 23:20
Primordial.... I feel for you yankees
-DC-002- - 27.11.2008 at 23:23
Written by Asitis on 27.11.2008 at 23:13

Written by -DC-002- on 27.11.2008 at 22:21

I know I just hope people don't leave after Eluveitie like they did for Turisas and left half of the crowd for Ensiferum last itme. That really pissed me off. From what I've heard though, Primordial puts on a powerful live show.

Pagafest headliners always make me happy. their always bands that I say I'll never get to see live and they just show up on the tour. its great
Pétur - 28.11.2008 at 00:44
Written by -DC-002- on 27.11.2008 at 23:23

Written by Asitis on 27.11.2008 at 23:13

Written by -DC-002- on 27.11.2008 at 22:21

be prepared for it, despite Primordial fans enjoyed their shows on the Heidenfest tour - people who didn't know Primordial walked away quickily, it's a bit like the case with Tyr with paganfest earlier this year, Tyr were often badly received not because they played bad, but they didn't play catchy Folk like Eluvetie or Ensiferum. I don't know how they are in the USA but if Tyr was badly received there to.. well then you can expect the same with Primordial.
Promonex - 28.11.2008 at 02:33
Like I said in the shoutbox already: I'd be surprised if Primordial kept their headliner slot. They've initially been announced as headliners of the European Heidenfest tour as well... until Finntroll has been added to the billing. But yeah, they put on a very intense live show which unfortunately doesn't get the attention it deserves from all those mead-guzzling-happy-humppa-folk-metal-lovers.
LeChron James - 29.11.2008 at 03:20
Change name to Blackguard? LAME. Profugus Mortis sounds better.
opeth771 - 29.11.2008 at 11:00
PLEASE bring back Ensiferum!!!
Kap'N Korrupt - 30.11.2008 at 16:40
It doesn't really say why they changed their name...for legal actions? Was there another band named Profugus Mortis or something?
Lehctim - 01.12.2008 at 05:51
For America, this line up is amazing! I'd gladly see Eluveitie again even without the Kirder brothers, and Primordial and Moonsorrow own. "Blackguard" is awesome too but they need to get a violin player again for their live shows.
Thryce - 19.12.2008 at 16:28
Written by Promonex on 28.11.2008 at 02:33

You are right again. Korpiklaani are the new headliners of the trek. In fact, according to the tour poster, Primordial will also play before Eluveitie.
MétalNoir - 05.02.2009 at 17:23
I can't believe Korpiklaani are headliners... Moonsorrow is much better, and even Eluveitie. Moonsorrow and Blackguard will be the best bands of the show, certainly. But I do hope Blackguard will feature a violin player, cause last time I saw them, there wasn't any. But it didn't offend me that much, since I hadn't ever heard them before and I wasn't expecting anything. But now they're on my fav list, I WILL cry if there's no violin!

Albums Blackguard - Profugus Mortis 6 19.10.2010 by patrickmetal12
Reviews Blackguard - Profugus Mortis 6 28.03.2009 by ItalktotheWind
Extreme metal forum Blackguard (also known as Profugus Mortis) 6 05.02.2009 by MétalNoir
Reviews Blackguard - Profugus Mortis 6 01.01.2010 by Bloody Rain