Darkthrone's Ted "Nocturno Culto" Skjellum has issued the following update:

"Winter is most definitly full-on here now, and I'm enjoying the feeling of isolation as best as I can. Great! That out of the way, I will first thank Fenriz for doing a great job on the Darkthrone Official MySpace, du brenner for saken, bokstavelig talt! And to all of you who send me words through this site. Winter means a bit more activety indoors for me, so I'll give it my best shot to maintain this cyber-cage.

"Dark Thrones And Black Flags" is, well, history for me now, since the planning and songwriting for a new album is well under way. We enjoyed recording it and looking forward to the 13th of December when we pull the trigger for a new album. There are small details this time around that will most likely result in a slight different sound and "feeling". Seems pointless to mention such stuff here, but I can assure you that both Fenriz and me looking forward to this. The first session of a new record is always exciting+ since it do set some fundamental standards... at least in our heads... well, at least in MY head then. Working the way we do now is such a blizz it's hard to describe."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Darkthrone

Posted: 27.11.2008 by SlaytallicA

Comments

Judas - 27.11.2008 at 16:44
Damn, Darkthrone are so bloody prolific with these albums. They just churn them out, one after another, with a minimum of fuss. And what's more, they're always decent efforts!
amarchand - 27.11.2008 at 19:23
I agree, it's crazy that they're already writing and planning recording this soon after DTaBF, i hope there's a little bit of a return to their older "signature" sound, but I'm not really expecting that at all. It would be funny if the new album was viking metal
LeChron James - 27.11.2008 at 19:39
Hahahahha i dont think Nocturno Culto likes the album. either that or hes sick of hearing the same songs over and over again.
RhysTerk - 27.11.2008 at 19:44
Haha, OF COURSE they are writing on new material
Mr. Doctor - 27.11.2008 at 21:50
OMFG... Are this guys taking steroids or what?!
DTBF was realised this year and they are writing another one now?

Damn... well, I can't be mad at them since I really like their new style
ArcesseEum - 27.11.2008 at 21:52
Ok... this is ridiculous, they need to slow down and do some side projects or something. Go back to Neptune Towers:wall:
-DC-002- - 27.11.2008 at 22:23
Wow already. these guys are workhorses for sure. to bad they never tour. but that probably makes it easier to crank out albums.
TheBigRossowski - 27.11.2008 at 23:10
Written by ArcesseEum on 27.11.2008 at 21:52

I actually agree with you here. This is getting to be too much. They keep cranking out CDs like diahhrea! I think they just have a quota on their contract of so many albums; they're just trying to reach that point so they can finally give it up. I mean, the albums are all good efforts, but its happening ridiculously fast.
Warman - 28.11.2008 at 03:11
This is insane.
ArcesseEum - 28.11.2008 at 06:32
Written by TheBigRossowski on 27.11.2008 at 23:10

Written by ArcesseEum on 27.11.2008 at 21:52

That could be one hypothesis, the other being that they just get high and don't want to get real jobs so they churn out catchy albums with very little thought attached to them for Peaceville to masturbate to...
BurbotsRevenge - 28.11.2008 at 07:56
Back writing again - they're an album machine!!
Doc Godin - 28.11.2008 at 08:32
Well they do work hard for sure, but at the same time they probably have a lot of control with the record company that other bands dont have. A lot of old bands like KISS, Alice Cooper, Saxon etc were putting out an album a year, and a good chunk of the time it was solid stuff too. I think the record companies putting in that release album-tour that album & write next album-release album-tour that album & write next album-.... pattern is partly the reason many bands don't do this, otherwise I think many bands would actually have the capability to do so.
Sunioj - 28.11.2008 at 10:32
Oh gawd.
-DC-002- - 29.11.2008 at 11:06
Written by Doc Godin on 28.11.2008 at 08:32

I like the, album every other year thing going on with most bands. it gives me time to find other music and get in a good comfort zone with the recent release.
Doc Godin - 29.11.2008 at 11:17
Written by -DC-002- on 29.11.2008 at 11:06

Written by Doc Godin on 28.11.2008 at 08:32

Thats good and bad, when you have creative momentum it can be easy to make 2 albums within 2 years which both sound good. I mean, yeah a band should be allowed to take 2-4 years with an album if need be, but if they have the momentum (which Darkthrone seems to have endless amounts of), then the record company should allow them to make albums this frequently.
selken - 30.11.2008 at 03:35
This is starting to become boring
ropobipitopo - 01.12.2008 at 22:42
INSANE, WICKED!!

News Forbidden - Working On New Material 5.5 04.02.2009 by DrunkenFuck
News Tristania - Working On New Material 5.5 24.09.2009 by AbdelioR
News Torture Killer - Working On New Material 5.5 05.10.2010 by I_Die_Often
News Ikuinen Kaamos - Part Ways With Vocalist, Working On New Material 5.5 17.04.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Kekal - Working On New Material 5.5 25.09.2007 by Dane Train