The 11th Hour's mastermind is no other than jack-of-all-trades Ed Warby, who already carved his name into the history of Metal with Gorefest and Hail Of Bullets. With his new band, Warby takes a turn towards old-school Doom Metal. Slow motion grooves, viscious riffs, and a bleak atmosphere are at the heart of the music. The songs resonate with darkness and despair and grab the listener from the get-go. A full length release is tentatively scheduled for fall 2009.

"The 11th Hour is upon us, and it is with great pleasure that we announce our freshly forged bond with Napalm Records. It's an honor to be added to such a great and diverse artist roster and we feel it's the perfect home for our massive brand of doom metal! Now let's open those floodgates of doooooom…"

The 11th Hour are:

Ed Warby: Drums, Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Programming
Rogga Johansson (Ablaze My Sorrow, Paganizer) : Vocals, Additional Guitars

More info about the band and a promo song at http://www.myspace.com/11thhourdoom.

Source: napalmrecords.com
Band profile: The 11th Hour

Posted: 19.12.2008 by Marcel H.

Comments

Ozman - 19.12.2008 at 23:42
The tunes on Myspace bode well for the debut
Ivor - 20.12.2008 at 00:34
Umm, I didn't know Ed did any vocals. He's awesome drummer but him singing is something more than new to me. Pretty cool stuff, I'd say. Debut should be great if it's in the vein of two demos on MySpace.

I.
Vermin - 20.12.2008 at 00:45
The music seems great, but I'm not into his vocals. It's too modern for my taste.
Ozman - 20.12.2008 at 02:37
If you have the following bands as amongst your influences Candlemass, Warning, Krux, Solitude Aeturnus, Isole, well you got my interest especially with the Gods Warning there

Funnt that a death metal prog drummer like Ed really digs GOOD doom, somehow never expected it of such a drummer.
Black Conundrum - 20.12.2008 at 08:24
Ed Warby doing a doom metal project? That's great news. The 11th Hour is signed to a great label too. I would love to hear music by this project. I recently was listening to some really good doom metal, some of which Marcel H. just mentioned.
Dane Train - 22.12.2008 at 19:13
Can't wait to hear this. Ed Warby is one of my favorite drummers.

News Autumn Hour - To Release Debut Soon, New Video Online 5.5 01.05.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Mar De Grises - The Chilean Doom Band Signs With Season Of Mist 5.5 22.04.2010 by Mr. Doctor
News Jungle Records To Release Another "Fake" Fields Of The Nephilim Album 5.5 12.10.2006 by Daru Jericho
News The 11th Hour - New Album Teaser Online 5.5 08.12.2011 by MELANCOHOLIC
News The Stranded - New Band With Disarmonia Mundi Members Reveals Debut Album Details 5.5 20.04.2012 by Troy Killjoy