Sadly we have to announce, what most insiders and fans already know:
British Doom Legend Warning split up after 15 years of existence and two album masterpieces.

The only remaining original member and founder Patrick Walker has provided us with the following statement:

"The decision to discontinue Warning has been both a pain and a purgation to me. For the past two years or so, Warning has been a considerably important part of my life, what with travelling and playing shows, writing new music and a gradual but increasing interest in the band, largely helped by Cyclone Empire's rereleasing of both records and making them for the first time easily obtainable to people.

However, I started the band in 1994. I was a different person when I began playing with Warning; I had different musical objectives; different ideals; different influences and inspirations. Now in order to make music that retains some semblance of integrity and wholeness I realise I need to move on. This shouldn't be thought of as "the end" of something. I have, after all, been the sole remaining original member of the band in its most recent line-up for almost a year now; in this respect Warning is little more than a band name. So before I complete work on what will be the material for the next album, I need a new band; a new context within which to work.

I hope people continue their interest in my music, and all further information concerning it will be officially made known through Cyclone Empire with whom I am very happy to say I will continue to work as originally proposed, so please look no further than these pages for more news.

Many thanks,

Patrick Walker.

22nd January 2009"

We provide you with further news as we have them!

Source: cyclone-empire.com
Band profile: Warning

Posted: 22.01.2009 by Marcel H.

Comments

LeChron James - 22.01.2009 at 19:54
Marcel probably isnt going to like this very much, even though he posted the news haha
Arian Totalis - 22.01.2009 at 23:58
Damn....shame.
Lucas - 23.01.2009 at 00:00
I'd say this is great news: Warning splitting up was bad, but as long as Patrick Walker stays active in the (Doom?) music scene, I'll be following his every move.
jupitreas - 23.01.2009 at 00:51
Exactly, seems like Warning had a pretty unstable lineup anyway, so as long as the guy keeps on making music, regardless of who plays with him, itll be OK.
Black Conundrum - 23.01.2009 at 01:18
Good news that this guy plans to start a new band. However, if I am in the situation where I'm the only remaining original member of the band I'm in, I wouldn't split it up because of that. I respect his decision to disband Warning, though.
Marcel Hubregtse - 23.01.2009 at 13:48
Written by Lucas on 23.01.2009 at 00:00

I actually read somewhere he is going to play thrash from now on.
Collin - 23.01.2009 at 13:55
In the forum where they posted the news first, I think it was his brother who said that his other love was speed metal and he was going to turn to that now. I thought it might be a joke
Marcel Hubregtse - 23.01.2009 at 14:13
Written by Collin on 23.01.2009 at 13:55

Rich Walker (Solstice, Pagan ALtar) his NOT his brother but his cousin and the guy running The Miskatonic Foundation label.
Well, Rich is not someone to joke about these sorts of things that easily, so...
Collin - 23.01.2009 at 14:35
What are you talking about, I know he's his cousin
Marcel Hubregtse - 23.01.2009 at 14:45
Written by Collin on 23.01.2009 at 14:35

What are you talking about, I know he's his cousin

You scumbag. You abused your moderation powers to correct the mistake in your post and the quote I had

And guess what I did just now?
routa - 23.01.2009 at 15:32
Lol @ mod wars.
Marcel Hubregtse - 23.01.2009 at 15:39
Written by Guest on 23.01.2009 at 15:32

Lol @ mod wars.

Well, he'd better beware or he won't be allowed to sleep over at my place during the next Dutch Doom Days. r unlike this year I WON'T prepare hime breakfast then. But then again he still has material on me those two days this year he can blackmail me with.

News Apocalyptica - Official Statement About The Illegal Use Their Song 'Path' 5.5 27.05.2009 by Daggon
News Mar De Grises - The Chilean Doom Band Signs With Season Of Mist 5.5 22.04.2010 by Mr. Doctor
News The 11th Hour (Ed Warby's Doom Band) - Napalm Records To Release Debut 5.5 19.12.2008 by Marcel Hubregtse
Promotion and Ads Semper Dolens - Melodic Doom - France / the Nederlands 4.5 07.07.2006 by
News Cerebral Bore - Frontwoman Quits The Band 4 26.11.2012 by Rulatore