The dates for the the Paganfest America Part II Tour are revealed. The upcoming traveling spectacle will include: Finland's folk freaks Korpiklaani as the headliners, Switzerland's Eluveitie, Ireland's Primordial, Finland's Moonsorrow, Canada's Blackguard (formerly known as Profugus Mortis) and straight off the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, New Jersey's crazy Pirate Metal drunks, Swashbuckle as the opening party starters throughout the tour!

Apr 28 2009 - Toronto, ON - The Opera House
May 13 2009 - Vancouver, BC - TBA
May 14 2009 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
May 15 2009 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
May 16 2009 - San Francisco, CA - DNA Lounge
May 17 2009 - Hollywood, CA - House of Blues
May 18 2009 - TBA, CA - TBA

Kataklysm frontman and Rock The Nation USA's general manager Maurizio Iacono recently commented: "As 2008's Paganfest was a great discovery for many people and a HUGE success, we are proud to bring it back again for 2009! The demand for the tour is growing and people are really excited. We chose to bring the best and some new blood as well for the next run. We hope (like this year) that all the pagan followers will come back in big numbers and raise their drinks in the air and celebrate a majestic evening not to be forgotten anytime soon!"

For more info on the tour, visit http://www.myspace.com/paganfestusa

Source: myspace.com
Event: Paganfest N. America Tour

Posted: 10.02.2009 by cimmerian

Comments

bard - 10.02.2009 at 17:39
This is exciting, as I have never seen these bands before. I'll be there in St. Paul, watching from this tiny kinda run down place, nice and close to the action!
Super_Greg - 10.02.2009 at 18:42
Ahh! I'd like to try and o to the Cleveland show!! Last time drove to Peabody's for a show, I hit a deer on the way home and totaled my car though
dismaleuphony - 10.02.2009 at 18:46
It will be great to see Primordial on American soil... one of my top performances from last year's Hellfest And I have yet to see Moonsorrow, so I'll be heading to this one for the Worcester show with some friends I'm sure!
-DC-002- - 10.02.2009 at 18:50
Their coming to Seattle, good. The last few concerts that have popped up have skipped over us. Anyway, I'll make it to this without question.
Introspekrieg - 10.02.2009 at 20:08
Snubbed... damn, I guess I will just see the Pagan Knights tour instead, a better lineup and closer.
Marcel Hubregtse - 10.02.2009 at 21:24
Written by Introspekrieg on 10.02.2009 at 20:08

You consider Tyr, Suidakra and Alestorm a better line-up than this? My God, Alestorm alone makes that tour worse.

Only Tyr is okay to my ears. And with Paganfest you get two great bands in the form of Primordial and Moonsorrow.
Introspekrieg - 10.02.2009 at 22:01
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.02.2009 at 21:24

Written by Introspekrieg on 10.02.2009 at 20:08

Aw man, I forgot about Alestorm... thanks for reminding me. I have heard good things about them live though...

Well... Moonsorrow will probably only get to play 4 or 5 songs (I think they should headline honestly...) so that it not reason enough for me to travel 3 hours to see them. Primordial would be good too but I don't think the drinking song obsessed crowds here will be too supportive.
WorpeX - 11.02.2009 at 00:30
I'd rather see alestorm and tyr. Not a fan of this line-up, although the first paganfest tour was fucking awesome.
opeth771 - 11.02.2009 at 00:32
Will certainly not be as good since Ensiferum and Turisas are not even in the lineup. Total dissapointement....
kayla - 11.02.2009 at 04:41
Last year's line up was fucking awesome. I'm not too impressed with this years line up but to see Moonsorrow, and Eluveitie once again should be good. May 18!!!
Doc Godin - 11.02.2009 at 04:49
Yeah I'm going...to be honest I'm not all that excited about it.
worm_is_gloaming - 11.02.2009 at 05:29
Korpiklaani at last on US turf... Now I can die happy.

people who dismiss them as yet another mere hi-ho-hum folk band just haven't listened to them closely enough, and probably only heard their stuff off the internet mp3s on poor computer speakers without taking a look into their lyrics booklets, where they include not only English translations of each song but also the meanings behind their lyric concepts... I too used to think them as nothing more than Finntroll-lite beer metal, but their "Korven Kuningas" album blew my mind, not only with the fervor and fire of their spirited playing but the poetry of the songs as well. There are some incredibly moving tracks on their previous "Tervaskanto" album too. It ain't just good old time boozin' fun (which it often is), it's also some very potent excursions into Finnish shamanic folk elements that inspire much of what they do (esp. in the songs that contain some very moving poetry by V. Hattivan). And as the bonus dvd of their Wacken appearance attests, they're having a genuine damn good time on stage, and it carries off right to the audience. It's genuinely impossible to label them gimmicky cause they're not putting anything on, it's just them as they are havin' a blast. They'll get the crowds really going, very glad to hear that they're the headliners, these dudes deserve more exposure for their work.

Surprised to see Moonsorrow among the very first opening acts and not as direct headlining support... Hopefully they'll get their own headlining tour soon, they're way overdue!

And here's to hoping that someone will have enough wits to bring us Manegarm.
elven - 11.02.2009 at 19:37
Moonsorrow and Primordial playing before Eluveitie? world is wrong...
Luciferion - 11.02.2009 at 19:41
Fukin nice. going to this one for sure. Have wanted to see moonsorrow for some time.
thesabbathfan - 12.02.2009 at 06:14
I didnt get a chance to see the first paganfest

turisas and ensiferum i missed out!!!
but this should be awesome, if i make it

News Suidakra - To Join Paganfest USA Tour 5.5 17.01.2008 by -DC-002-
News Whitesnake - Last Dates Of USA Tour Cancelled 5.5 16.08.2009 by The Shape 1973
News Paganfest America - Tour Dates Revealed 5.5 22.02.2014 by Machiavelli
News Nine Inch Nails - Announces More USA Tour Dates 5.5 27.08.2008 by Black Conundrum
News Killswitch Engage - USA Warped Tour Dates 5.5 17.04.2007 by LeChron James