Tristania have issued the following update:

"As you all know, original bassist Rune Østerhus has only played a few shows with Tristania during the last years. Due to him not being able or motivated to tour we've been using a session musician on bass for our tours in the last couple of years (Kjell Hagen, ex-Trail Of Tears). In addition, Rune became a father last year. As a result of this, both Rune and the rest of the band agreed that it was time to find a new bass player. Tristania would like to thank Rune for the great years we had in Tristania together and we wish him all the best for the future.

At the same time, we are delighted to announce the new bass player in Tristania; Ole Vistnes. We first started to work with Ole about a year ago, and it worked out great in every way. Some of you have already seen Ole on stage with us last year. The rest of you will surely get the opportunity to do so during the upcoming tours in 2009. Ole is an amazing bassist, who has a degree in his instrument from the University in Kristiansand. He is a great guy that fits perfectly into the Tristania family. In addition, he is a skilled composer and has been heavily involved in the songwriting for the upcoming album.

Some words from Ole: "As some of you may already know, I have been touring with Tristania for one year now. Permanent member from end of the last tour in South America, and involved in composing this fall. Let me express my gratitude towards first and foremost the guys in the band, for giving me such a warm welcome in the band. Never a single day did I feel like "the new guy". I approach the challenge of playing bass in Tristania with humility and respect for the work of Rune, but I am also given the freedom to be Ole, and not having to be a constant copy. This combination of true respect for previous deeds and eagerness to move on, is the balance that keeps the classic work alive, but also empowers growth and evolvement. I will also use this opportunity to thank guitars Anders Høyvik Hidle and keyboard player Einar Moen for involving me heavily in the composing. They have truly boosted my self confidence and creative muscles with their great support and encouragement. And I would like to thank our fans. I have already met quite a few of you, and your enthusiasm and love for Tristania's music is overwhelming."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Tristania

Posted: 21.02.2009 by ArtiA

Comments

dismaleuphony - 21.02.2009 at 15:19
Welcome Ole! Looking forward to hearing your work, particularly in the upcoming compositions!
corrupt - 21.02.2009 at 15:30
They should have called it quits long ago. I'm practically afraid of their next album. If Ole Vistnes is not by accident a distant relative of Morten Veland my fear grows even worse now. This is how a legend goes down. Steadily and piecewise. In a few years this band might only be remembered as the funny clowns who tried and tried for years and grew worse with each album instead of being the gohic giants as which they started. The ones who gave us the masterpieces that are Widow's Weeds and Beyond The Veil.
You should stop at the peak of success. Not someday way down the slope.
mystic666 - 21.02.2009 at 16:30
Written by corrupt on 21.02.2009 at 15:30

I share your fears.This band ended for me with Vibeke'departure and obviously hiring Mariangela could not compensate for that loss.Some people look forward to changes but I'm clearly not one of them.
PaleEnchantress - 21.02.2009 at 17:35
I honesty want to hear the "new stuff", probably because it's going to be a totally different Tristania, although it has been like a proyection w/ the other discs.....
Seriously I think they HAVE to create a record that fits Maryangela's voice, otherwise it will always be like a cover band...
Black Conundrum - 21.02.2009 at 22:52
I though that was a cool picture of Ole. I hope he does a good job in Tristania. I would like to hear a Tristania song with Mariangela Demurtas's vocals in it, since there hasn't been material with her voice in Tristania released yet.
LeChron James - 22.02.2009 at 02:26
That guy looks metal as FUCK.
corrupt - 22.02.2009 at 03:17
Written by Black Conundrum on 21.02.2009 at 22:52

There was at least one youtube video showing her singing old tristania stuff. Mostly songs from Ashes and Illumination. But still disappointing.
ZombieDeath - 22.02.2009 at 23:12
Sfiiit !! what's happened to Tristania that's a big threat to the band, hoping that they find a solution for all that fucking problems.
Black Conundrum - 23.02.2009 at 01:12
Written by corrupt on 22.02.2009 at 03:17

Written by Black Conundrum on 21.02.2009 at 22:52

Oh, thanks for telling me that. I might look it up sometime.

News Edenbridge - Part Ways With Bassist, Seek Replacement 8.5 25.02.2010 by Black Conundrum
News De Profundis - Part Ways With Bassist, Replacement Announced 8.5 20.05.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Bloodbound - Part Ways With Bassist, Replacement Announced 8.5 11.01.2011 by RhaegarTargaryen
News Melechesh - Part Ways With Bassist, Seek Replacement 8.5 27.04.2011 by Apothecary
News Sarah Jezebel Deva - Part Ways With Bassist, Announce Replacement 8.5 29.10.2012 by Ag Fox