Official press release

Ascendance Records is hugely proud to announce the signing of Diablo Swing Orchestra to a worldwide deal.

The unique genre-hopping Swedish sextet has already garnered an ever-growing army of fans on the strength of their self-released debut "The Butcher's Ballroom" (later licensed to Candlelight Records in Europe and Sonic Cathedral in the US) and their European festival perfomances including Metal Female Voices Fest and Summer Breeze.

The new album "Sing-Along Songs For The Damned & Delirious" is tentetively scheduled for a September release. As well as the normal release we will also be producing a strictly limited and numbered boxed version, available by direct mail order only. It will feature an exclusive DVD, a set of postcards, a pewter pendant and a sticker all in an embossed tin box. Full details will be made available closer to release.

The album will be recorded at In Flames studio in Gothenburg under the supervision of producer Roberto Laghi who, besides his work on the latest In Flames effort, has also worked with the likes of Sonic Syndicate, Mustasch and Hardcore Superstar. Recordings will commence on April 6th and will be finished on May 1st. Mixing will be done between the 1st and 12th of June. The band will be posting a studio report at the end of each week on their MySpace site so that you can follow how the recordings are progressing.

The band say that fans of "The Butcher's Ballroom" will recognize the D:S:O sound but it has developed into something even more playful and at times far more aggressive than before.

Source: ascendancerecords.com
Band profile: Diablo Swing Orchestra

Posted: 03.03.2009 by Thryce

Comments

possessor - 03.03.2009 at 12:51
thats good news
Angel_Lament - 03.03.2009 at 14:06
Till September???
White Winter Sun - 03.03.2009 at 17:32
Good to hear some news from them. I'm looking forward to their forthcoming album.
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.03.2009 at 17:41
Remember on what site they were first appreciated...

and where they won best newcomer award a year before the rest of the world picked up on them.
Herzebeth - 03.03.2009 at 18:11
Yes Marcel I Take Full Credit thank you...

lol
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.03.2009 at 18:43
Written by Herzebeth on 03.03.2009 at 18:11

Yes Marcel I Take Full Credit thank you...

lol

I thought I had mentioned you, but see I forgot to, my humblest fo excuses. Have a virtual free beer from me.
BitterCOld - 03.03.2009 at 18:48
Looking forward to it. their initial offering will be tough to match/top... so many varied styles sets the bar high for the next release.
K†ulu - 03.03.2009 at 19:38
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2009 at 17:41

Remember on what site they were first appreciated...

Really? No one really knew about them? Just us? I remember that year's awards and this band in particular.
_Heretique_ - 03.03.2009 at 19:53
I love DSO. Can't wait for new material.
Et Ermit - 03.03.2009 at 22:33
Written by BitterCOld on 03.03.2009 at 18:48

Well i actually have the idea that they could be doing something even more accuarate this time
PM - 03.03.2009 at 22:47
I think we might be assisting the ascendance of one of the best metal bands ever...

Nonetheless what youre thinking, this will be valid at least for me...

Fhuesc - 04.03.2009 at 03:46
To me this are mixed news. The good news is the tentative release date. The bad news? ...under the supervision of producer Roberto Laghi who, besides his work on the latest In Flames effort... we all here know how good was In Flames' lasted effort *cough* ME Awards 2008 *cough*
Black Conundrum - 04.03.2009 at 04:08
This is awesome news. I can't wait for Diablo Swing Orchestra's new material to be released.
Daggon - 04.03.2009 at 08:26
Oh man, I can't wait until september mmm well I think the waiting will be nothing compared to the great album they are going to deliver... I can't say the same about Wintersun.
Tod_Engel - 04.03.2009 at 15:14
Written by Fhuesc on 04.03.2009 at 03:46

I suppose it's not producer, who decides how's the sound and compositions, but the band. Better not blame the producer.

And on the news itself. It's good to hear that the band is progressing. I hope they have some new twisted ideas on the upcoming album.
Bas - 05.03.2009 at 17:21
Written by Tod_Engel on 04.03.2009 at 15:14

of course the band writes and plays the songs but the producer can have a lot of influence on the final product as well...

anyway, looking forwards to it
although i'm having my doubts about if this one will be as good as the debut

News Diablo Swing Orchestra - Three Songs Available For Download 7.5 07.04.2007 by C.
News Diablo Swing Orchestra - Session Musicians Officially Join The Band 7.5 26.01.2011 by Asunder
News Diablo Swing Orchestra - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced 7 17.08.2014 by Creativinity
Interviews Diablo Swing Orchestra interview 6.5 11.01.2007 by Susan