Finnish metal band Norther parts ways with long time singer/guitarist Petri Lindroos. Norther was forced to let Petri go to be able to continue. Petri´s full time engagement in Ensiferum increasingly prevented Norther from functioning as an active band.

Petri wishes Norther all the best for the future. Current Norther crew, Kristian, Jukka, Tuomas and Heikki, wants to thank Petri for all these great years together and wishes him the best of luck with Ensiferum.

Additional information concerning the recruitment of a new singer will be provided soon.

Source: norther.net
Band profile: Norther

Posted: 04.03.2009 by The Thrasher

Comments

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: [1] 2

=maD.Doc:. - 04.03.2009 at 12:22
WTF!? Never thought he was that into Ensiferum it would "hurt" Norther.... This is the most sad news I've heard for ages..... I don't believe they will find someone good enough to really replace Petri...
Dark_Meteor - 04.03.2009 at 12:41
Wow, didn't see this coming xD
insanity.peppers - 04.03.2009 at 12:41
Yeah i didnt expect this either :S it always seemed to me like Petri was a spur-of-the-moment replacement for Jari, and wasn't a "real" member to the band; more like a guest vocalist.
itsjoeymoose - 04.03.2009 at 12:45
Yeah that is a bit strange, since Petri is the founding member of Norther I would have thought he'd choose that over Ensiferum. Not really that concerned though, the first 3 albums were incredible, certainly "Death Unlimited" was by far their best. The last 2 have been very hit and miss.
I wonder what will happen to the bassist, as I believe he plays in Wintersun. Certainly when both bands start touring it may be a problem. I really don't think band members can work in 2 big bands, just choose one.
Itsemurha - 04.03.2009 at 13:16
Ohhh shit, he really fitted in Norther... He should have quited from Ensiferum!
HardSide - 04.03.2009 at 14:17
Written by Itsemurha on 04.03.2009 at 13:16

Ohhh shit, he really fitted in Norther... He should have quited from Ensiferum!

No truer words have been spoken, Ensiferum were much better with there past singer, but he left to start Wintersun.
Ragana - 04.03.2009 at 15:24
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 04.03.2009 at 12:22

WTF!?

Yeah, those were the first three words that came into my mind after reading this, lol.
But seriously, what's happening? Lately everyone's coming up with strange and unexpected news.

I can't imagine Norther without Petri, if you ask me.
Twiz - 04.03.2009 at 15:41
Yeah thought Petri WAS Norther but I guess priorities change.
Pétur - 04.03.2009 at 15:48
Norther was a sinking ship anyway.
MeloDeathViking - 04.03.2009 at 15:52
This blows! I like Ensiferum and all, but I definitly think he was a better fit with Norther.
-DC-002- - 04.03.2009 at 16:03
Wow, I'm surprised. But thinking about it more, I really don't care He does a better job with Ensiferum anyways.
RhaegarTargaryen - 04.03.2009 at 16:42
All I have to say is: FUCK NOOOOO !
RhaegarTargaryen - 04.03.2009 at 16:46
I think he better fits with Norther then Ensiferum. Maybe Petri didn't liked the way Norther chose on the last one.
My guess: Kride will take on as lead vocal, maybe someone will fill with growls from the rest of the band...
Fhuesc - 04.03.2009 at 17:18
Who wrote the music on norther?, if Petri didn't do it, then there's no problem at all. Let's hope that Kride keeps his mouth shout.
Elio - 04.03.2009 at 17:25
Wow, I though he would have left Ensiferum instead of Norther.
MetalAlex - 04.03.2009 at 17:49
From two evils Petri selected the lesser one! He is better at Ensiferum
On last album "N" Petri wrote music only for 3 songs and lyrics for 3 songs as well.
Uller - 04.03.2009 at 18:15
From solution 7 Norther started to hit the ground. i'm not surprised. I think that we have the 2009 Best Drama
WorpeX - 04.03.2009 at 18:26
You guys all sound surprised that he left norther instead of Ensiferum. Honestly, what would you guys have done? Chose the band which isn't really all that popular and doesn't headline very often or choose the band which headlines almost every show, is incredibly popular worldwide and most likely makes way more money.

The choice is fairly obvious to me.
Bad English - 04.03.2009 at 18:35
Awsoem, it make my day , this band was so boring and hope they split up good news
FeskarN - 04.03.2009 at 19:39
WTF?!! I thoght that Norther was nr 1 priority for Petri. He fits better in Norther then Ensiferum as many of you said indeed. But I think he wants to be in a bigger band with for tours etc. to earn more money. For me Petri was one of most important part of Norther. Without him no Norther. A sad day for Norther fans..:cry:
Valaskjalf - 04.03.2009 at 19:59
HAHA!! This is cool...what would be cooler is if the band just splits up for good.
bard - 04.03.2009 at 20:10
Wow....I wonder how poppish Norther's next album will sound now.
soulintent - 04.03.2009 at 20:17
Wow like everyone said, that's very unexpected. Wasn't he a founding member of Norther? Must be pretty strange to be kicked out of a band you helped start.

Regardless, I suppose everyone is doing what they feel is right, so I wish both bands the best.
Infurnace - 04.03.2009 at 20:40
Strange news.. I thought it was going to be the other way around.
Uller - 04.03.2009 at 21:06
Written by bard on 04.03.2009 at 20:10

Wow....I wonder how poppish Norther's next album will sound now.

Lol im wondering the same thing
Deus Ex Machina - 04.03.2009 at 21:57
Well....

shit.
LeChron James - 04.03.2009 at 22:20
Yeah i coulda seen this coming.
Glower - 04.03.2009 at 23:01
Yeah, but Jukka is the bass player of Wintersun....obviously that band is going nowhere, but still - they're all too caught up in other bands anyway.
Not really surprised.
Vitriolic Hate - 04.03.2009 at 23:40
FUCKKKKKKKKKKK NOOOOOO why???? he was the leader!!!!bye bye Petri!!
mordreds.song - 05.03.2009 at 00:10
Well...Petri did have to choose one or the other in all due sense. Ensiferum is in large demand. As someone already mentioned, they do headline pretty much every tour they do these days (with the exception to the Amon Amarth tour of the states), and they are pretty far up on most of the festival bills. Granted, Norther is a better fit for Norther, but in a way, it was a better move for him to just stick with Ensiferum, since they still haven't declined.
Newfie_Metal - 05.03.2009 at 00:38
I prefer Ensiferum, but Norther was good with petri too.
blackhearted83 - 05.03.2009 at 01:15
What the hell?? Strange news.
I can't imagine Norther without Petri. I like Ensiferum very much but Petri fits better with Norther I think.
Warman - 05.03.2009 at 01:34
No no no no no no no no no!!! I'm in shock! No! This can't be happening! Norther is one of my favourite bands and I've always considered Petri to have an awesome voice. I can't believe I'll never see them live with Petri! I haven't been this upset about Metal news since Celtic Frost disbanded yet again!

kayla - 05.03.2009 at 04:33
What the fuck, I never saw this coming. Never knew he was that commited to Ensiferum...however I'm glad with his choice to stick with Ensiferum.
Daggon - 05.03.2009 at 04:46
Written by WorpeX on 04.03.2009 at 18:26

The choice is fairly obvious to me.

I would chose the band which isn't really all that popular and doesn't headline very often... hahaha who the hell am I kidding, if I were Petri I would chose Ensiferum for sure! Norther is just... well, Norther, and on the other hand we have... well, ENSIFERUM, got the point dudes?
Black Conundrum - 05.03.2009 at 05:46
This sucks that Petri Lindroos left the band. I hope the band is able to survive this. That sucks that he left the band though, because he was the only remaining original member of the band.
metal2000 - 05.03.2009 at 07:33
WTF. this is not fair, what is happening when I start listening to Norther is because they look much like COB and KALMAH , and also because Petri was fucking aswome singer , Damn it
Doc Godin - 05.03.2009 at 08:12
Written by LeChron James on 04.03.2009 at 22:20

Yeah i coulda seen this coming.

Agreed. I'm reading all these posts that say "Never saw this coming!" or "Im so surprised". Seriously? Use some common sense. Ensiferum has been on a non-stop tour for the longest time, where was he going to find the time for Norther? Its a pretty easy thing to understand. In fact I was anticipating how long it would be until Petri left or the band disintegrated from his absence.
Athan - 05.03.2009 at 10:07
WHAT?!?!?! No one will ever be able to replace him! At least that could've happened after "till death unites us", not after a good album like "N" (((
LeChron James - 05.03.2009 at 11:30
Written by Doc Godin on 05.03.2009 at 08:12

yeah dude i feel the same way. all the surprise is completely unnecessary. its really not that surprising. that and i think anyone would join Ensiferum over Norther anyway.
Itsemurha - 05.03.2009 at 16:30
Written by HardSide on 04.03.2009 at 14:17

Written by Itsemurha on 04.03.2009 at 13:16

Ohhh shit, he really fitted in Norther... He should have quited from Ensiferum!

I know that, Jari rocked in Ensiferum and rocks in Wintersun. what did you mean by that ? "No truer words have been spoken"
Thryce - 05.03.2009 at 17:22
Written by Doc Godin on 05.03.2009 at 08:12

Yes, exactly. I'm just surprised to see it took Lindroos so long to figure that out for himself.
Ellrohir - 05.03.2009 at 17:38
Hm...think Norther w/o Petri is nothing...
RauLBlythe - 05.03.2009 at 17:42
I hope they will find a better new singer.:cool:
tulkas - 05.03.2009 at 21:25
Woah!! i don't think anyone saw that coming! daaamn. too bad, but they should know what's best for them. good thing that at least it wasn't for lack of commitment or interest from him or something like that
Fi100 - 05.03.2009 at 21:38
Things wont be the same without him :S
WildCiff - 06.03.2009 at 03:32
That's a shame... even if they bring the best guitarist and singer in the world, they'll never be the same
wildchild - 06.03.2009 at 03:50
Damn =/
bokimaniac - 06.03.2009 at 04:36
Well this was like a straight punch in the face! What a surprise... I can imagine Stratovarius without Tolkki somehow, but Norther without Petri is harder for me to imagine. What a shame...
Promonex - 06.03.2009 at 04:55
Ensiferum >> Norther. No harm done.

Pages: [1] 2

News Scar The Martyr - Part Ways With Singer, Working On New Material 7 11.04.2014 by psykometal
News Human Fortress - Part Ways With Singer 7 06.05.2010 by MetalAlex
News The Human Abstract - Part Ways With Singer, Touring Vocalist Announced 7 26.08.2011 by opeth771
News Drowning Pool - Part Ways With Singer 7 29.11.2011 by Absak
News Visions Of Atlantis - Part Ways With Female Singer, Replacement Announced 7 30.07.2009 by Ag Fox