Swiss folk metal band Eluveitie has been forced to pull out of the Paganfest America tour, scheduled to kick off on 28th April in Toronto, Canada featuring Korpiklaani, Primordial, Moonsorrow, Blackguard (formerly known as Profugus Mortis) and Swashbuckle. Eluveitie emphasize that this was "in no way the decision of the band and that [they] were looking forward to do this tour a lot."

Commented the tour organizers Rock The Nation:

"Hello to all Pagan folks out there!

We're almost here for the second edition of PaganFest America and are very excited for this years tour. With the anticipation continuing to mount, this will be THE tour to attend this year, we promise!
On a related note, there have been some changes to the tour line up. Unfortunately, Swiss folk band Eluveitie will no longer be able to make it on this edition and we've decided that it would be wiser to wait for the band to return in the fall since they've already played during PaganFest America 2008's touring cycle. On the bright side, Eluveitie will return on a new tour we are currently working on (yes... we're working on something very cool for this Fall) where Eluveitie will play an acoustic and a full metal set and it will be worth the wait. Stay tuned for more info to come!

With this being said, we have increased the playing times of all the bands on PaganFest America and whether you come for your favorite or for all of the bands, you will get the set time you and the bands deserve!"

Source: eluveitie.ch
Band profile: Eluveitie
Event: Paganfest N. America Tour

Posted: 14.03.2009 by Promonex

Comments

schwanderen - 14.03.2009 at 03:23
Please Paganfest stop by Denmark next year! I would die for such an experience alone.
warrior_of_ice - 14.03.2009 at 04:12
So wtf is gonna replace them? i want my money's worth lol
Promonex - 14.03.2009 at 04:22
Written by warrior_of_ice on 14.03.2009 at 04:12

So wtf is gonna replace them? i want my money's worth lol

No replacement, just longer time for all the other bands. Or as they say: "whether you come for your favorite or for all of the bands, you will get the set time you and the bands deserve!" Sucks if you bought your ticket only for Eluveitie though.
Jason W. - 14.03.2009 at 04:30
Well, I'm disappointed they won't make the tour, but at the same time enthused that Primordial and Moonsorrow will get the chance to play an extra song or two, so not really a big problem for me. It seems Eluveitie will make an appearance again within the year perhaps, so, I'd say I can wait until then
Shadowcross - 14.03.2009 at 05:33
Thats a very good lineup.. if you'd been dying to see Eluveitie you would be feeling a bit screwy :S
Doc Godin - 14.03.2009 at 06:30
Written by Promonex on 14.03.2009 at 04:22

Written by warrior_of_ice on 14.03.2009 at 04:12

So wtf is gonna replace them? i want my money's worth lol

Yes it does suck. Though I am looking forward to Moonsorrow and Primordial, I was most excited to see Eluveitie. I wish it was Korpiklaani backing out instead....God I hate that band.
Black Conundrum - 14.03.2009 at 06:32
Well, it sucks that Eluveitie can't be at PaganFest. On the positive side, there are still some other nice bands playing there.
Marcus - 14.03.2009 at 08:01
That blows so hard, they were the most fun band there last year.
kayla - 14.03.2009 at 08:08
Well this fucking sucks. They were insane last year, and I was looking forward to seeing them the most. And no replacement band? Bummer. However this is great news about the fall, that's something to look forward to.
iaberis - 14.03.2009 at 08:27
Bad news
Ellrohir - 14.03.2009 at 09:02
Hm...it reminds me this year's Masters Of Rock - many people bought tickets because they heard Wintersun will be on and then then they say, sorry, no Wintersun but we give you...Korpiklaani...who cares you want Wintersun and any of you saw them 3 times already, because they are stopping in CZ each year...p.s. it was before Wintersun "officially" calls off all gigs
Janne - 14.03.2009 at 11:27
Wow they'll play the acoustic songs live? Nice
Jason W. - 14.03.2009 at 15:16
Written by Janne on 14.03.2009 at 11:27

Wow they'll play the acoustic songs live? Nice

Yes that's the reason I hope it will be worth the wait. I saw Eluveitie @Hellfest last year and they were great, but to see them do a fully diverse show with acoustic songs too? Definitely worth another 6 month wait if it really does take place
Elio - 14.03.2009 at 15:46
I wouldn't complain, more time for Moonsorrow
WarMaster - 14.03.2009 at 16:06
Damn but it'll be nice for everyone else to play longer
Janne - 14.03.2009 at 16:59
I hope I can catch them with those acoustic stuff in a Euro tour!
But yeah, on the other hand Elio is right. More Moonsorrow can compensate Eluveitie's miss!
a MasT - 14.03.2009 at 17:00
Yaa that sucks but moonsorrow is still hangin in there
Thorion_Covenant - 14.03.2009 at 20:10
I was going to go to the show in Winnipeg.

I don't want to anymore.
Paradox0 - 14.03.2009 at 20:46
Don't tell me they have writers block too now.
magatouve - 14.03.2009 at 21:30
It seems there is something wrong about Eluveitie nowadays They were the very first metal band I see live when I attended the Paganfest in Leeds UK last year in April. They opened for Moonsorrow, Tyr, Korpiklaani, and Ensiferum. I will never forget the moment I entered the venue and they just started playing their first song. It was my very first real live metal moment Their show was fucking great and the other bands as well. However, they were totally different in January when they toured with Kreator. They had a new guitarist who, according to the band itself, was just learning the songs!! Also their bagpiper was not there and the bassist was replaced also if I'm not mistaken. I was totally disappointed by their show at that day.
bard - 14.03.2009 at 21:56
Well, that's a disappointment. I was really looking forward to seeing them in May...
BattleHamster - 15.03.2009 at 00:50
Damn. I was looking forward to seeing them. Does anyone know why they can't play?
Promonex - 15.03.2009 at 01:55
Written by BattleHamster on 15.03.2009 at 00:50

It's actually in the news: their promoter prefers to send them on tour later this year.
DoomGuard - 16.03.2009 at 07:08
Meh...makes me not wanna go to this festival but instead wait for watever tour Eluveitie is coming on
brandomaster90 - 17.03.2009 at 04:25
Anyone know why they dropped out?
timgrimes - 17.03.2009 at 18:19
So they just basically kicked out the only band worth listening on that tour....nice choice. >_<

News Nevermore - Pull Out Of N. American Tour 5.5 12.04.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Nachtmystium - To Pull Out Of Opeth Tour 5.5 22.09.2008 by LeChron James
News Enthroned - Pull Out Of Tour With Gorgoroth 5.5 27.11.2007 by GT
News Samael - Pull Out Of N. American Tour With Moonspell 5.5 23.09.2009 by mankvill
Events USA, Springfield, VA - Paganfest North America Tour 4.5 05.02.2008 by Carrion Misery