Kamelot reportedly will enter the studio this June 2009 to record the follow-up to the blockbust CD "Ghost Opera" which spawned 4 high incredible videos, 100+ concerts in more than 22 countries and many sold out shows. Once again enlisting producers Sascha Paeth and Miro, the band plans to use studios in Germany, Norway and the USA for this next massive production. Kamelot's final concerts of 2009 will take place this Summer, including an appearance at the Sonisphere Festival with Metallica in Nijmegen, The Netherlands.

To smack your chops even more Kamelot's video producers ICode have uploaded the HD versions of the videos "Ghost Opera", "The Human Stain" and "Rule The World". Click here for access.

Source: kamelot.com
Band profile: Kamelot

Posted: 25.04.2009 by Thryce

Comments

Kurimus - 25.04.2009 at 15:39
I'll check it out... But not thrilled; Ghost Opera was not that special...
Trojanman190 - 25.04.2009 at 16:45
There were a few incredible tracks that balanced against the weak ones. I do listen to Epica and Black Halo more.
Angel_Lament - 25.04.2009 at 16:50
Thats Awesome, Keep on The Good Work, Im waiting for The new album so long ago!!
juanopereira - 25.04.2009 at 18:17
Great!! this band is making really good music. I Hope this time they come to south america!
silenius - 25.04.2009 at 18:56
Ghost opera where realy a downer for me, but i will defenitly buy their new album, i love kamelot and i always will:D
Uirapuru - 25.04.2009 at 20:44
That may be interesting.
The Shape 1973 - 25.04.2009 at 21:40
Written by Trojanman190 on 25.04.2009 at 16:45

Me too.
LeChron James - 25.04.2009 at 22:40
Kamelot and metalllica? what?
+{Jonas}+ - 25.04.2009 at 23:05
Weren't they somewhere in Norway recording stuff?
WorpeX - 25.04.2009 at 23:57
Wait, 4 videos? Whats the 4th one? I only know of Human Stain, Rule the world and Ghost Opera.
Angel_Lament - 26.04.2009 at 00:36
Written by WorpeX on 25.04.2009 at 23:57

There is "Love You To Death" video, But still not released yet!!!
WorpeX - 26.04.2009 at 00:58
Ooo Another video.
Ag Fox - 26.04.2009 at 01:40
Am i the only one who likes black halo/epica as much as ghost opera?
Black Conundrum - 26.04.2009 at 03:08
Dang, they were in 22 different nations performing their concerts. They're pretty well traveled.
Angel_Lament - 26.04.2009 at 15:48
Written by Ag Fox on 26.04.2009 at 01:40

Am i the only one who likes black halo/epica as much as ghost opera?

I do! But The Black Halo is the best when it to its concept!!!
Inlé - 27.04.2009 at 15:44
Yay, more generic melodic power which is going to get reviews in the 90+/100 range.

This band peaked at the fourth legacy. The last two especially were a chore to get through once.
Carrion Misery - 27.04.2009 at 16:28
Well just listen to bands no one has ever heard of. That'll make you better than all of us.
4look4rd - 27.04.2009 at 17:41
Written by Carrion Misery on 27.04.2009 at 16:28

Kamelot is one of the few bands that manages to maintain it's quality, I can say that their last 4 albums were all amazing (Ghost Opera being the weakest, althought it is quite good)
Inlé - 27.04.2009 at 23:40
Written by Carrion Misery on 27.04.2009 at 16:28

Only silly sausages and kvlt kiddies base their musical taste around the concept of popularity as opposed to the actual music! So no thanks!

But seriously, this band is like the Opeth of power metal. I don't see where their endless well of praise actually stems from musically. They are in the position where they could make absolute dross and people would "like" it.
Hrothdane - 28.04.2009 at 01:26
Written by Inlé on 27.04.2009 at 23:40

Written by Carrion Misery on 27.04.2009 at 16:28

Maybe you are right about some people, but not me. This was one of the first power metal bands I ever discovered, and I did it on my own, without any outside input. I just enjoy the music. Can I break it down into all the little factors that contribute to why I like it? Absolutely not. Nor do I have any interest in doing so. If you don't understand why people like them, fine. I don't understand why people go so crazy about Opeth either. Instead of treating people like idiots though, why not try to talk to them so that you can try to understand their point of view.
Number Juan - 28.04.2009 at 07:13
Written by LeChron James on 25.04.2009 at 22:40

Kamelot and metalllica? what?

I wish we would get that in the US.
Carrion Misery - 28.04.2009 at 23:00
How is Kamelot the Opeth of power metal? From what I've seen, people start to anticipate bands to put out drab albums. The Opeth and the New Album sucks cards are getting old. Of course a bad album is a bad album, but the existence of this opinion trend on new material is evident. Additionally, I don't see Kamelot on a deadbeat record label of wanna-bes and has-beens either. Kamelot is very talented and skilled. Every time I've seen them live, the vocals were spot on, in perfect pitch and clarity. Fantastic writing both conceptually and formulaically. I might be out of the loop, but I haven't witnessed any scene kids buying Kamelot shirts from Hot topic as they do Opeth/ Amon Amarth/ Slayer shirts. A bad album is a bad album and a sinking band is a sinking band, but I don't agree that Kamelot is the case. I'm looking forward to their next release.
Daggon - 29.04.2009 at 04:16
Wiii more Kamelot on the way! I hope this time they will come to Mexico City and not just to Mexicalli
Shadowcross - 30.04.2009 at 05:43
Kamelot isn't the 'Opeth' of power metal...

What a stupid statement. Opeth are brilliant.. Kamelot's 'Epica' is brilliant, the rest are fairly sub-par with the exception maybe of The Black Halo.

If anything Dragonforce is the 'Opeth' of power, if you are talking popularity wise. Leaving bands like Angra and Strato somewhat neglected in mainstream recognition.
Wes - 02.05.2009 at 07:09
I love Ghost opera. Some songs are wonderful, Mourning Star, Pendulous Fall..
The production is amazing, Listen to any song with headphones and you will notice some really awesome stuff.
They really put a lot of work into it, I think it's just as good as Black Halo and Epica. Though I admit it took me many retries hehe.
I'm very excited for their new album. Amazing band.
Shalinar - 01.06.2009 at 07:18
I'm so excited for this new album!!

Am i like the only person EVER that didn't like Epica that much? Apart from Center of the Universe, Lost & Damned, and III Ways to Epica, most of the songs started sounding all the same after a while... And don't get me wrong; I understand the album. Faust is my favorite book But personally, I didn't think Epica was that great musically. The Black Halo, on the other hand, is my favorite album ever!! I love it.

And would someone please explain to me why most people seem not to have liked Ghost Opera that much? I've been listening to it since it came out, and I think it's one of their best albums yet (although not as good as the Black Halo, of course). What's not to like about it??

News MyGrain - Enter The Studio In June 7 21.04.2010 by metal2000