Original news, posted on 29.07.2009

Finnish black metallers Catamenia have issued the short following udpate: "We're working on new songs for our next album at the moment and hopefully we're ready to go to record it around September/October this year. The album will be titled Cavalcade and will be recorded in Mastervox Studios in Oulu, Finland."

UPDATE

Catamenia have announced more details regarding their upcoming new effort, Cavalcade. Recorded in Mastervox Studios, Finland, Cavalcade will hit the shelves on February 26th, through 2010 Massacre Records. The album will be released both on regular CD as limited digipack.

Ex-Sentenced/Poisonblack vocalist Ville Laihiala makes a guest appearance on the song "Blood Trails".

Cavalcade [cover art] tracklist:

11. Farewell [Sentenced cover] [digipack bonus]

Source: catamenia.net
Band profile: Catamenia

Posted: 15.01.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

Uirapuru - 29.07.2009 at 20:08
Damn, already... after the last album I think it would be better if they take a break..
Carrion Misery - 29.07.2009 at 20:37
"We're working on new songs for our next album at the moment"

That looks like it implies the material isn't even completed yet and they're ready to record it in two months? hmmmm
tulkas - 29.07.2009 at 20:59
Written by Carrion Misery on 29.07.2009 at 20:37

"We're working on new songs for our next album at the moment"

Yeh, maybe they're rushing a bit, but I'm still excited about this.
TheCybershifter - 29.07.2009 at 22:15
Even thoguh I quite liked the last album, I hope that this one will be better... Otherwise they should take a break indeed... And they should hire a keyboardist... Cause without keyboards they sound a bit hollow...
Vitriolic Hate - 29.07.2009 at 23:37
Interesting!!!
Doc Godin - 30.07.2009 at 00:48
Yeah, they do seem to be pumping albums out quite frequently now...
Folkbill - 30.07.2009 at 02:40
Muahahah yeah we need something of old school's catamenia realeases
LeChron James - 30.07.2009 at 04:21
Sounds like "Escalade" without the douchebag factor. just be good, i havent been impressed with them as of late.
Ask - 30.07.2009 at 09:04
Time Unchained was horrifyingly bad. I hope they can rebound from that catastrophe.
In Bone Factory - 15.01.2010 at 19:28
All the new albums are somehow repeated ones and have nothing new to give.but anyway catamenia's are enjoying.
Vitriolic Hate - 15.01.2010 at 19:46
Great!! also the 1st album with no wolves in the cover
tulkas - 15.01.2010 at 19:53
Cover art is kinda lame... nothing really impressive.
annodomini - 15.01.2010 at 20:14
Where the hell Wolves are gone? They said this one will be their best and most different effort. A new level. Well i believe this time thei'll be dead to me. I hope i am wrong...but...

Again where those wolves...
Asitis - 15.01.2010 at 20:36
Wait, Catamenia is still called blackmetal?
...hahaha..
They've lost my respect a few albums back.
Jon - 15.01.2010 at 22:50
Firstly, where the hell are the wolves? If you're going to ditch your mascot, at least get some interesting cover art instead of letting one of the bandmembers do it when he's hungover (that's what it looks like anyway).

Secondly, why is the Sentenced dude on the album, and on the first song? Looks like it will make a bumpy start to the album, to say the least.

Time Unchained takes some getting used to but I enjoyed a lot of it. I'm already pissed off with this one for some reason, not expecting too much.
Troy Killjoy - 16.01.2010 at 04:01
I only listen to their debut and Chaos Born... The rest has been a disappointment for me, with VIII being their worst release. That shit was unbearable.

I'll approach this with caution. Listen-before-I-buy type of material (not that I'll be dishing out 20 bucks for VIII Part 2.
Valaskjalf - 17.01.2010 at 00:02
Written by Lord_Regnier on 30.07.2009 at 04:01

Let's just hope they will ditch the clean vocals this time. Those shitty pop-ish cleans utterly trashed the last album.

I like all the other albums very much but "VIII-The Time Unchained" sucks ass. I've never been able to listen to it.

Maybe the reason they want to release a new album so soon is to make us forget the mistake that the last album was. As much as I like this band, I'll listen to the album before buying it. And, if they use those crappy cleans again, I won't buy it.

The clean vocals were indeed shite....but if it was done properly I wouldnt have minded - gives another dimension to the music if done properly.

News Catamenia - New Album Title Revealed 10.5 15.01.2008 by
News Scar Symmetry - New Album Title And Cover Art Revealed 7 21.07.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News Lordi - New Members, New Album Title And Tour Revealed 7 17.12.2012 by The Shape 1973
News Testament - New Album Title Revealed 7 17.11.2007 by
News Hour Of Penance - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 7 07.01.2010 by Baz Anderson