US metallers Détente have revealed the cover artwork for their forthcoming album, entitled "Decline". The artwork was painted by Michael Leone, with additional graphic work performed by Christopher Leone.

Bill Metoyer (Slayer, Corrosion Of Conformity, D.R.I., Sacred Reich) will engineer the album. "Decline" is tentatively scheduled for a December release.

Further updates to follow.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Détente

Posted: 29.07.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

LeChron James - 30.07.2009 at 04:42
I thought "detente" meant non-confrontational. the cover suggests otherwise.
K†ulu - 30.07.2009 at 07:37
New album? Cool! First I thought what? But they have reunited earlier this year. Well, looking forward to this one.
Marcel Hubregtse - 30.07.2009 at 07:43
Written by K†ulu on 30.07.2009 at 07:37

I find it an insult that the reunited band calls itself Detente. Detente was always solely Dawn Crosby's band. So how the hell is it possible to call this band Detente when she is no longer with us? It just boggles my mind
K†ulu - 30.07.2009 at 08:55
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.07.2009 at 07:43
Written by K†ulu on 30.07.2009 at 07:37
You mean that she was like Hetfield to Metallica or Schuldiner to Death or Akerfeld to Opeth? Kinda the mastermind?
Marcel Hubregtse - 30.07.2009 at 10:09
Written by K†ulu on 30.07.2009 at 08:55

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.07.2009 at 07:43

Written by K†ulu on 30.07.2009 at 07:37

Yep, she was the mastermind to Detente as well as Fear Of God
K†ulu - 30.07.2009 at 10:50
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.07.2009 at 10:09

Yep, she was the mastermind to Detente as well as Fear Of God

In this case I have to agree with you. They probably should continue under that name. Or rather re-unite under that name.
Ellrohir - 30.07.2009 at 11:19
Wow...23 years since last studio album...that must be record
Black Conundrum - 30.07.2009 at 22:38
Hmm, that album cover is interesting.
Mr. Doctor - 31.07.2009 at 12:25
Written by LeChron James on 30.07.2009 at 04:42

I thought "detente" meant non-confrontational. the cover suggests otherwise.

non - confrontational?
Either there is another word called "Détente" that I don't know it's meaning or just the word Détente that means "(you) stop" in spanish

I'm not really into thrash so this is the first time I heard this band. I knew about their existence though.
Wow... She was good, a really shame that she died. And I do find really really weird that they use the same name. I would like Opeth to continue if Åkerfeldt was dead for example.
Marcel Hubregtse - 31.07.2009 at 12:42
Written by LeChron James on 30.07.2009 at 04:42

I thought "detente" meant non-confrontational. the cover suggests otherwise.

That is more or the meaning of the weird.

Here is what the dictionary has to say on it:

1. A relaxing or easing, as of tension between rivals.
2. A policy toward a rival nation or bloc characterized by increased diplomatic, commercial, and cultural contact and a desire to reduce tensions, as through negotiation or talks.

News Aborted - New Album Cover Art And More Revealed 8.5 19.02.2014 by Scathach666
News Unleashed - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 8.5 22.02.2012 by Rulatore
News Mayhem - New Album Cover Art Revealed 8.5 19.03.2014 by Rulatore