Original news, posted on 18.08.2009

Theatre Of Tragedy have made two album samples available online. Both samples come off the band's forthcoming album "Forever Is The World", to be released on 18 September. Samples from "Deadland" and "Hide And Seek" can be listened at the band's official website and MySpace.

The album cover artwork has been found at this location. The band added: "We are proud to present the 7th Theatre of Tragedy album cover! This was one again made by the ingenious artwork wizard Thomas Ewerhard. Following up his excellent work on "Assembly" and "Storm", Thomas has once again managed to amaze us with his skills. The album artwork is also a challenge to the die hard ToT fan. Somewhere inside this cover there are incorporated elements from all 6 studio album covers of the band. See if you can find it?"

UPDATED, on 21.08.2009

Norwegian metallers Theatre Of Tragedy have posted online a sample of a third new song, "Hollow", at the band's official website and MySpace page. The sample comes off the band's forthcoming album, "Forever Is The World", which will be released on 18 September via AFM Records.

UPDATE (thanks to AnGina--)

Norwegian metallers Theatre Of Tragedy have posted online a sample of a fourth new song, "A Nine Days Wonder", at the band's official website. The sample comes off the band's forthcoming album, "Forever Is The World", which will be released on 18 September via AFM Records.

Source: theatreoftragedy.com
Band profile: Theatre Of Tragedy

Posted: 08.09.2009 by Njord

Comments

Forsaker - 18.08.2009 at 16:48
Nice artwork
Ellrohir - 18.08.2009 at 18:38
Very cool cover image indeed
Ernis - 18.08.2009 at 18:41
Oh dang...the "Hide And Seek" song sounds not bad at all...it's almost taking us back to the "Aegis" period again.....and Raymond has given up the carrot-voice for once...
And the cover's beautiful....
Uirapuru - 18.08.2009 at 21:33
Very good cover. Ill just wait to download the album..
dismaleuphony - 19.08.2009 at 04:52
Written by Ernis on 18.08.2009 at 18:41

And the cover's beautiful....

"Hide And Seek" does sound good. It'll be interesting what's on the rest of the album. I hope it's more in the vein of this song too.
Mr. Doctor - 19.08.2009 at 13:53
WTF?
Did I just hear growls sung by Raymond in the new track? What the heck?
That's amazing dude, I hope Raymond will stick to something in this vein from now on. The sounds have something like Aegis. It would be interesting... I hope this guys will get better because Storm was kinda good but meh overall
AnGina-- - 19.08.2009 at 16:02
Written by Mr. Doctor on 19.08.2009 at 13:53

WTF?
Did I just hear growls sung by Raymond in the new track? What the heck?

Yea, yea, my thoughts exactly!!!! The groooooooowls, the groooooooowls I missed so much are back! And the intro in the Hide And Seek (piano tune) is so obscure, I simply love it and if the whole album carries on like this song, it will definately be something worth listening! :thumbsup:
Mr. Doctor - 19.08.2009 at 16:26
Written by AnGina-- on 19.08.2009 at 16:02

Aye, I really hope it would be good. Storm was average but it felt like it was the transition to a new [better] sound. I respect this band a lot so I don't want them to fail specially because of the Nell. I'm not really a fan of female vocals [except a few ones like Liv] so her performance is important to me.
corrupt - 09.09.2009 at 00:22
Did anyone else notice the visual return to the old symbolism? Indeed the cover features the two roses again. A fresh one and a withered one. Just like in the old times. Maybe they want to tell us something. I'm telling you guys, the next album will be with Liv Kristine again. And it will sound just like Velvet Darkness They Fear
Mr. Doctor - 22.09.2009 at 23:07
Written by corrupt on 09.09.2009 at 00:22

Will they go back to the thou, ye, doth and other weird english kind of language?
corrupt - 23.09.2009 at 01:20
Written by Mr. Doctor on 22.09.2009 at 23:07

Written by corrupt on 09.09.2009 at 00:22

I sincerely hope so

News Metalium - New Album Cover Art Revealed And Samples Online 8.5 22.09.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Kalmah - New Album Cover, Tracklist And New Video Online 7 03.05.2013 by AtrumHiberna
News Demiurg - New Album Details And Samples Online 7 09.07.2010 by Fane
News Sabaton - New Album Title And Cover Artwork Revealed 7 08.01.2014 by R Lewis
News Sirenia - Cover Artwork For New Album Posted Online 7 05.12.2006 by Katatronik