Ted "Nocturno Culto" "Kveldulv" Skjellum of Darkthrone has issued the short following update on his own MySpace blog:

"This night of the late October...

...The Darkside opens it's gates... ok, enough of "Under A Funeral Moon", but really, late October will see Darkthrone through the last recording "session" for the new album, we've had a long summerbreak now and it's time to face winter/death. Right, and Abscess is recording the last release on Tyrant's label mid October, and this should be jawdropping greatness. Mark my words.

Apart from that my soul nearly explodes this autumn."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Darkthrone

Posted: 16.09.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Mr. Doctor - 16.09.2009 at 20:07
"This night of the late October...

...The Darkside opens it's gates... ok, enough of "Under A Funeral Moon"

Hahahhahahahahahaha, God.. I love this guys. I gonna check this one out.
TheCybershifter - 16.09.2009 at 20:21
I do like their music, but 15 studio albums in 18 years (91-09) is a bit over-prolific even for them I think... It would be better to release one really good album in three or four years, than three albums that are a bit above average... Especially the latest one, even though I still like it.
Vitriolic Hate - 16.09.2009 at 20:40
Written by TheCybershifter on 16.09.2009 at 20:21

totally agreed! & as always year by year they record one album!
Vitriolic Hate - 16.09.2009 at 23:05
Written by Guest on 16.09.2009 at 22:54

Written by Vitriolic Hate on 16.09.2009 at 20:40

Written by TheCybershifter on 16.09.2009 at 20:21

totally agreed! & as always year by year they record one album!

I think the speed is good. They have inspiration and joy for making music right now. Also, there hasn't been any letdown album

indeed even simples riffs as always, they will put some crust punk,classic black metal riiffs & experience
BreadGod - 16.09.2009 at 23:12
Will this new album be a return to the "Transilvanian Hunger" style that I love, or will it be another experiment album which will frighten and confuse me?
Mr. Doctor - 16.09.2009 at 23:18
Written by BreadGod on 16.09.2009 at 23:12

Dude, I'm telling this in a very friendly way: Get over it.... They will never return to that kind of thing. They're done with that.
BreadGod - 16.09.2009 at 23:58
Written by Mr. Doctor on 16.09.2009 at 23:18

Written by BreadGod on 16.09.2009 at 23:12

That's all the more reason that I'm going to clutch my copy of "Transilvanian Hunger" with all my heart.
Ellrohir - 17.09.2009 at 00:44
Arent they about to release album right now (Total Deaf)? and they are already thinking about new one...
Uirapuru - 17.09.2009 at 03:25
One album per year with this new (not so much anymore) sound... maybe they should take a break...
Lord_Regnier - 17.09.2009 at 03:50
Written by Uirapuru on 17.09.2009 at 03:25

I agree. There's no merit in releasing an album per year when they suck as bad as they do since a long time.

As much as I like Darkthrone's old albums and will always have respect for this band because they were great long ago and pioneers of the BM scene, I think their more recent, punk-ish stuff, is unlistenable.
They lost the touch after "Transylvanian Hunger".
Ellrohir - 17.09.2009 at 10:14
Well there is one thing you should appreciate - they are making music "their way"...and i dont have feeling it is "sellout" this time
Dangerboner - 17.09.2009 at 10:38
Written by TheCybershifter on 16.09.2009 at 20:21

Well keep in mind that they don't tour, so they probably have more free time than most metal musicians. But yeah, an album every year is a little excessive I guess.
Warman - 17.09.2009 at 11:40
Hahaha, I love these guys! Have they ever taken a vacation in their life?
Lord_Regnier - 17.09.2009 at 13:38
Written by Ellrohir on 17.09.2009 at 10:14

I never said they were sellouts and I don't think they are.
What I think is they lost the touch and can't write good songs anymore.
By the way, what people call their 'new' sound has nothing new. It's only some kind of copy of Hellhammer and Motörhead.
Lord_Regnier - 17.09.2009 at 13:40
Written by Warman on 17.09.2009 at 11:40

Hahaha, I love these guys! Have they ever taken a vacation in their life?

Yes. Fenriz spent two years on an acid trip during the 90s.
TheBigRossowski - 17.09.2009 at 15:23
And the best black metal album of the year goes to *drum rolls*....
Ellrohir - 17.09.2009 at 18:25
Summoning?

(if they manage to put it out this year)
BitterCOld - 18.09.2009 at 02:16
Written by TheBigRossowski on 17.09.2009 at 15:23

And the best black metal album of the year goes to *drum rolls*....

it might very well go to Darkthrone, if they put another good album out. let's face it, 98 times out of 100 the award in any given genre goes to the most popular artist rather than the best release.

fwiw, while they did win in '08, FOAD did not place top 10 in '07... deservedly so.
TheBigRossowski - 18.09.2009 at 14:25
Written by BitterCOld on 18.09.2009 at 02:16

Written by TheBigRossowski on 17.09.2009 at 15:23

And the best black metal album of the year goes to *drum rolls*....

I don't really care too much though. At least the good releases from other bands are mentioned.

What the hell does 'fwiw' stand for?
BitterCOld - 18.09.2009 at 18:39
Written by TheBigRossowski on 18.09.2009 at 14:25

What the hell does 'fwiw' stand for?

fwiw is 'for what its worth' in the parlance of our times.
SyBReeD - 30.09.2009 at 15:52
Black Metal my ass ..
these guys they forgot that metal is music too ... they are just hardcore anti-christ and bullshit music

News Reverence - To Enter The Recording Studio In October 7 10.09.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Helloween - To Enter The Studio In October 7 16.08.2014 by Metal Invader
News Amaranthe - Will Enter The Studio In October 7 18.08.2010 by Black Conundrum
News Pestilence - Enter The Studio In October 7 24.09.2008 by Derelict Earth